Are you ready for a relationship?

cowboyup

All this 'relationship talk' is that how we SAers, ones who struggle with anxiety, depression, OCD, etc. think that we are 'damaged' to some degree or another, or have low self-esteem, don't deserve love, etc...got me thinking of the past (I know, I shouldn't -but in nostalgic mood I guess)

well a few years back, I can tell you of 2 men I knew (friends-that's it) and one is very successful in the public speaking world and the other one is the founder and CEO of iProspect (internet marketing-like stuff) and while both men are very successful in their fields, they are 100% different in person. They are quiet and alone. One even said to me that he feels he is 'broken' in regards to relationships as well.

Just like what some of us feel.

So, for what it's worth guys, it's not ONLY us who sometimes struggle with relationships (of all kinds)

MikeyC

All this 'relationship talk' is that how we SAers, ones who struggle with anxiety, depression, OCD, etc. think that we are 'damaged' to some degree or another, or have low self-esteem, don't deserve love, etc...got me thinking of the past (I know, I shouldn't -but in nostalgic mood I guess)

well a few years back, I can tell you of 2 men I knew (friends-that's it) and one is very successful in the public speaking world and the other one is the founder and CEO of iProspect (internet marketing-like stuff) and while both men are very successful in their fields, they are 100% different in person. They are quiet and alone. One even said to me that he feels he is 'broken' in regards to relationships as well.

Just like what some of us feel.

So, for what it's worth guys, it's not ONLY us who sometimes struggle with relationships (of all kinds)
Everyone struggles with some facet of life. Thanks for sharing. :)

I'm in a serious relationship, but I have to change a number of things about myself to make us both truly content. :bat:

For Love~

ImNotMyIllness

Sometimes I think I'm not human.

I like this quote from Dexter:
"They make it look so easy, connecting with another human being. It’s like no one told them it’s the hardest thing in the world."

I think something's missing in me, or it's broken, that prevents me from connecting with humans. Something essential. I've never connected with anyone. Some people are just so damaged in this department, that they are practically meant to be alone for their life.

:thinking: I would like to think, hope....that you haven't found the right person.....Keep reaching out, that's all you can do.

drganon

Probably not. I live at home, can't drive, and have no experience whatsoever dealing with the opposite sex. That and I'm fairly certain that even if I was the last male on earth, there still wouldn't be any women that would want to be with me.

laure15

I am not ready for any relationship. There are so many things that I wanted to accomplish first - lucid dreaming, developing apps, having my own source of income, overcoming my disorders, maturing - before I will even consider being in a relationship. A relationship is hard work; it takes away a part of your time, energy, and strength just to maintain. I want to enjoy all the perks of being single first, achieve what I want to achieve, before I dive into a relationship.

My one and only relationship broke me beyond repair. I don't expect to ever be ready for a 2nd one. I have come to terms with this.:)

AGR

I dont really know,I had the chance before but I was not confortable with those girls,IT IS hard to find a nice person,men or women, even if I did find her,would she like me?
I also dont like the way people change relationships like changing clothes or all the cheating going on,I guess I am destined to be alone.
Also another problem is that when I do like someone I will feel like I am not worth it.

AGR

Ready.........no. Do I need it-YES!

I think everybody needs it otherwise we wouldnt reproduce,people who say that we dont and should be happy by ourselves are wrong and it is funny how all the people saying that either are in a relationship or want to be in one,saving the rare exception.

Dreamscape

I urgely need it, however I still feel worthless even to myself. and all those doubts making me un-ready aswell..

Ignace

I think we all better fix ourselves before focussing on a relationship. Otherwise it might be over fairly quickly. Just my opinion. ::p:

aNOTfox

I think we need to find people that will love us despite our social anxiety rather than having to change ourselves for others.

CaptainArgh

expecting others to change to suit us has caused others a great deal of pain in my life. I reckon what we need to do is find others that accept us for who we are, and we need to do the same for them.

GhastlyCC

I think we need to find people that will love us despite our social anxiety rather than having to change ourselves for others.
I think there's a nice spot somewhere in the middle.
I mean,I have so many problems I could never expect somebody to like me despite them.lol

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Whenever I see this thread, I think of that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean where Captain Barbossa says "you best start believing in ghost stories, you're in one." Except instead of "start believing in ghost stories" he says "be ready for a relationship"

I dunno sometimes :idontknow: ::p: