Votes: 162 72.6%
  • Can't say

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters

Niiña

I'm forever alone
Forever_Alone.png

nightcrawler

I am also single and SA makes meeting a girl very difficult. In fact, I don't even try!

+1

In fact the only girls I "meet" are through my job as a Postman - whether it be girls at work or those on my delivery. I have had a couple of girls on my delivery ask me out over the years, but unfortunately I didn't fancy them. That was then. Now...I'd probably go out with the first person who asks me! :sarcastic:

BTW I answered "none" - as did 80% of the vote...go figure!

Earthcircle

I don't even know how to form a relationship. I am totally clueless. And I'm middle aged. In fact, the idea of being in a relationship is so alien to me, I don't know if I could handle it if I were.

What I mean is, I don't even know what people in relationships do. I don't know how they talk to each other or what they do together or even if they do much of anything together. Someone would have to explain this to me in detail, at least, before I could even consider it. For me, the closest thing to being in a relationship is having a bit of crush on someone, thinking about them, and then eventually forgetting about them because they're not interested. Having a relationship in the real world would be strange.

PGT

Single, always have been.
I have always been quite happy in my own little bubble. Never really wanted a girlfriend even when I got pressure from the family, you know the score. Hey why you not married, why have you no kids, still no girlfriend, what's wrong with you and the classic are you gay.
Over the last 6 months I have started to feel the need for a girlfriend or at least some female company. I don't know why but something inside me has definitely changed. So I joined a dating site, I am not sure what will happen if I get asked or i ask somebody on a date. Will I go or will I freak out and get overwhelmed with the pressure. I don't know the answer but I do know that I feel the time is right to try. I have spent too many years just bobbing along now am ready to see if I sink or swim. I think I will sink but i will not know unless I try.

cowboyup

Does SA affect it?

No, I am not in a relationship, never been married, never had boyfriend. I am 43 so I am WAY behind the rest of what society deems the norm on this one, but for me, I have had FWB kinda thing but nothing else. I think, in my case, it is the way I was raised and that is my fault - nobody else - which is keeping me from going any further. My challenge in which I have to baby step my way through I guess.

By the way, your signature line is how I am as well:thumbup:

Hood

I'm new here too, and I'm a loner as well. Even when I was at school right back to infants, the most friends I ever had at one time was 2. The few friends I had at secondry school have long since drifted away - married with kids an so on.
My SA used to be very much worse than it is now. - I think the people in my street forgot what I looked like since they never saw me.
There came a time when I had no choice but to pull my self out of it, and got a part time driving job - and I started prescription medication a few years ago which helps a bit. But still, I never go out anywhere socially, it's something I've never done in my whole life - less I've been dragged there - so I never meet people.
If somebody talks to me first (chance would be a fine thing :) ) I'm fine with that, I seem to be good at making people laugh, and keeping their interest, but going up to girl and saying hello etc - it's just the most scary thing in the world :idontknow:
It's much easier to say hello online first or by post (long before the interweb - anyone remember Matchmaker?)- it gets all that difficult stuff out of the way, but I've not had much luck online. Shypassions is like a ghost town and the others I've seen are for - "normal" - people, so to speak :sad:
Like others here, I spend so much of my time alone, I suppose I've gotten used to it:sad:

awkwardamanda

Nope, not in a relationship. Not enough geeky and/or nerdy women in existence for that.

I need a geeky guy. The trouble is, many of them are at home sitting in front of their computers, just like I am. Not, ya know, out meeting people.:shyness:

Flanscho

I need a geeky guy. The trouble is, many of them are at home sitting in front of their computers, just like I am. Not, ya know, out meeting people.:shyness:

Well I hope to find those women either on geeky / nerdy events, such as board or video game evenings, or online. In theory that works. But practically the number of new people I get to know this way is too small.

pnr

I am single BC I am 2 shy 2 approach women. I do have attractive women who show interest in me though but I am 2 intimidated to anything about it.

MikeyC

Single, always have been.
I have always been quite happy in my own little bubble. Never really wanted a girlfriend even when I got pressure from the family, you know the score. Hey why you not married, why have you no kids, still no girlfriend, what's wrong with you and the classic are you gay.
Oh, yeah, I've had that, too. :eek:h: My mother usually is the one pressuring me for a girlfriend. Good luck with your online dating journey. :thumbup:

Nope, not in a relationship. Not enough geeky and/or nerdy women in existence for that.
I reckon there's more than you think. The girl I'm interested in is entirely nerdy, so they do exist!

pop-princess

I have never been in a relationship and I honestly wonder if it will ever happen. I go out to bars/nightclubs quite often but I find it very hard to meet some random person, switch numbers and then meet this person again some other time for a "date". I must know a person very well before I start dating to avoid embarassing moments. Dating scares me to death.
I don't work much and study so the only place for me to meet men are sadly in clubs.

I guess that my chronic singleness is partly because of my SA (especially pre therapy when I was a complete lost case) but i'm also starting to think that i'm not attractive and interesting enough. I get lost in the crowd.

1BlackSheep

I'm single and not in a relationship, but people often seem to think I'm married! Just the other day at work, one of the doctors saw that I had a cold and asked if my husband was sick too - lol! Then I was called "Mrs." the other day at my doctor's appt. I'm not sure whether to take this as a complement or to be offended! :question:

hidwell

I'm single and not in a relationship, but people often seem to think I'm married! Just the other day at work, one of the doctors saw that I had a cold and asked if my husband was sick too - lol! Then I was called "Mrs." the other day at my doctor's appt. I'm not sure whether to take this as a complement or to be offended! :question:

Making assumptions often leads to people having their feelings hurt, which is why I hardly ever do it.

KiaKaha

Banned

I would take it as a compliment. People must see you as attainable and attractive and assume that you are snatched up!

I guess people make all kinds of assumptions though without finding out the facts, it seems that is just how people are wired (could potentially go off on a tangent here...)