Are you good enough? For the opposite sex?

dyingtolive

To answer your question I am not good enough for anybody.
I'm not smart, not beautiful, I have no self-esteem, confidence, social-skills, anything for them to desire, barely any energy, health problems and I'm not a girl they'd prefer. I think every good person deserves the best in a partner to make them happy.
I would make the person downright go insane. And with my bad luck it seals the deal.

im a bit surprised, alot you guys also think you are not good enough..
so i guess im not alone here

on the other hand Iluv in your posts and chat msgs you appear to be very smart, have high self esteem, confidence and social skills and very funny and friendly, and probably beautiful as well. and you listen to Kesha and at the same time posted Mitch Lucker as your celebrity crush which i found surprising coz i actually like that band (and its the only few new metal band i like) so you're like ultra-cool.

Eristelle

If I think I should have been aborted, then obviously I'm far from good enough when it comes to the opposite sex.

Iluv

on the other hand Iluv in your posts and chat msgs you appear to be very smart, have high self esteem, confidence and social skills and very funny and friendly, and probably beautiful as well. and you listen to Kesha and at the same time posted Mitch Lucker as your celebrity crush which i found surprising coz i actually like that band (and its the only few new metal band i like) so you're like ultra-cool.

AWW, that made me smile :). Thank you dyingtolive. Same goes for you, you are ultra-cool too!

Reminded me to go listen to some SS now.

Last edited:

MikeyC

To answer your question I am not good enough for anybody.
I'm not smart, not beautiful, I have no self-esteem, confidence, social-skills, anything for them to desire, barely any energy, health problems and I'm not a girl they'd prefer. I think every good person deserves the best in a partner to make them happy.
I would make the person downright go insane. And with my bad luck it seals the deal.
I think you'd make a good girlfriend.

I can offer my compassion and niceness and things like that, but that's not even good enough for my friends so I don't think it'd be good enough for a girlfriend.

I sometimes believe I have enough to offer, but then otherwise I'm too pathetic for any girl. I need to believe in myself before getting a girlfriend.

dyingtolive

The opposite sex is made up of all kinds of people, and they're not all perfect.

I don't think it's about being 'good enough' I think it's simply about finding somebody with whom you connect. Relationships aren't necessarily a sign that somebody is a 'good' person, it just means they've found somebody they connect with.

I don't worry about if I'm 'good enough' for the opposite sex. What is 'good' anyway.
Looks? I don't have them, but I wouldn't want to be with anybody who would break up with me if they stopped finding me attractive anyway.
Money? As above
No S.A? We all have our personal difficulties

The only people I'd say aren't 'good enough' for the opposite sex are cheaters, abusers, liars etc etc.

Yeah i agree and this is probably the way to see it healthily,
And yes the opposite sex ain't all perfect. Maybe, you know the saying 'dont hang with the losers if not you get dragged down, hang with the winners...' And there are alotta ways that ppl quantify 'winning': personality, personality, courage, looks. fitness, health, money, looseness of schedule, mental health, happiness level,

in the movies, the girl falls inlove with the leading man after he does something heroic. he doesnt just win her right on, in the same way, i dont feel id deserve to be good enough for someone if i did not be the best that i can be or 'where i wanna be'

i guess as u mentioned its just a matter of connection... but it also sucks if say you have a connection, but you're just out of their league..

dyingtolive

I sometimes believe I have enough to offer, but then otherwise I'm too pathetic for any girl. I need to believe in myself before getting a girlfriend.

Yah i agree, what would it take for someone to 'believe' in themselves first.. is what he has to do, and that may be diff for everyone.. Proving themselves to themselves and thats what i need to do... to be able to believe i can stand up on my own 2 feet and really be Ok

MikeyC

Yah i agree, what would it take for someone to 'believe' in themselves first.. is what he has to do, and that may be diff for everyone.. Proving themselves to themselves and thats what i need to do... to be able to believe i can stand up on my own 2 feet and really be Ok
I don't have the answer to what it would take to make it happen, but I'm not in the right head space for any girlfriend at this stage. As much as I'd like one.

megalon

Definitely not. Despite being a sensitive and caring guy on the inside, my anxiety makes me come across like a cold, emotionless robot. Also I'm 25 years old and still live with my parents. I'm sure no girl wants to deal with that.

MikeyC

Also I'm 25 years old and still live with my parents. I'm sure no girl wants to deal with that.
Ooh, yeah, this hurts me, too. I'm 26, living with my parents, and I have a crappy job. They're not exactly attractive qualities!

dyingtolive

i am turning 29 this yr living with my parent, but i will be moving out next week to live with my brother which maybe a positive change for my confidence and independence.

Its hard to believe that i am turning 29, i first entered this site when i was about 25-26. When i was 25-26 i felt like i was 22. When i was 22 i was.. lol really messed up

MikeyC

i am turning 29 this yr living with my parent, but i will be moving out next week to live with my brother which maybe a positive change for my confidence and independence.
This will be an excellent move! I definitely hope it works for you. I have asked my brother if he wants to move out of here with me and he has said no. But for you, it's going to do really well for your confidence!

dyingtolive

thanks mikeyc :)

I actually wanted to move out before so bad becoz living with my parent had this choking feeling... now though it is not something i daydream about like i used to.. probably becoz i am getting more privacy now compared to years ago we have this space we give each other and it has been working alright..

and i actually will be paying alot more in rent and bills when i move in with my bro lol, so i will be poorer, and the room's window doesn't have any sunlight, smaller place but the step towards independence is worth it

too bad u werent able to go with your bro, the bills are no joke either..

Last edited:

MikeyC

thanks mikeyc :)

I actually wanted to move out before so bad becoz living with my parent had this choking feeling... now though it is not something i daydream about like i used to.. probably becoz i am getting more privacy now compared to years ago we have this space we give each other and it has been working alright..

and i actually will be paying alot more in rent and bills when i move in with my bro lol, so i will be poorer, and the room's window doesn't have any sunlight, smaller place but the step towards independence is worth it

and then from there i can start thinking about living on my own :)
Exactly. Even though you'll be poorer you'll have that independence. I can't wait to live on my own, too, so I hope that dream is not far away for you.

razzle dazzle rose

Do you think you're not good enough, but if you worked real hard, could become good enough? Or Do you think that you're not good enough and no matter what you do, will never be good enough?

I don't think I will ever feel like I am "good enough." But I am trying. Not hard enough though.

I have a boyfriend right now, and every now and then I will get this bad feeling, because he is with me. Like, he could be with someone better. Someone skinner, prettier, younger...without so many issues and problems. I need constant reassurance too which is a drag no doubt. Sometimes I just don't feel like I am deserving of any affection...but I crave it so much.