Are you good enough? For the opposite sex?

lonely_drummer

Hell no! That's cuz I'm not good enough for any girls, that's why the last time I managed to have sex was January 7, 2008 lol. Pretty sad eh?????

Nope. I don't think I am.

I used to back in high school because I actually hooked up with a decent looking girl on a few occasions.

Fast forward to college, no. In high school occasionally a girl would say I was cute, but I haven't had anything positive said to me about my appearance since then.

That hardest thing is that I'm smaller than most girls so they automatically are less interested. I'm about 5'7 and 125 pounds, very skinny and very short. Couple that with social anxiety and you can see that I'm not a person who is noticed.

Er... smaller than most girls? Do you live in the USA? Because if you do the average height for a woman here is 5'4... Obviously this means there will be many taller than that but not "most", most are around 5'3 - 5'5 or 5'6, I'm guessing. You're taller than the average woman. And while 5'7 is short, it isn't THAT short... I know someone who is like 5'6 and I think he's really hot :D Then again, I'm a pretty short girl myself, haha. But still...

Edit: Unless by "smaller" you meant body frame size...

persianfan247

What you are depends on what you think you are.

I agree with this and it is undoubtedly the reason why arrogant people are so sure of themselves, though you can be confident and not be arrogant. There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence and a little bit of self doubt can be good it is just finding the balance between the two.

Gaucho

now that i though about it, i got nothing to offer. I mean, first of all, a girl wouldn't want a man without friends, also thy don't want someone who is not good in a specific thing. so meeh, i don't see myself with big options.

SilentBird

now that i though about it, i got nothing to offer. I mean, first of all, a girl wouldn't want a man without friends, also thy don't want someone who is not good in a specific thing. so meeh, i don't see myself with big options.

What if you met a girl with no or few friends? Or someone who doesn't excel in anything in particular?

well after 6 years she finally decided im not good enough.

You were good enough for 6 years.

ultra_materialist

Today my grandmother told me: I need new shoes, get out and buy a pair of the same one that I am using now...

I said: ok...

I went to a store, and everyone looking to me... a girl walked by and asked: What do you want ?
I told about the shoes... and she said: Sorry I don't have.

I spent more 15 minutes alone in the store searching for other stuff...

5 people talked with the girl... for everyone she said: Bye, see you soon ( I don't know how to translate what she really said... But I can say that, in portuguese is a very cool stuff).

5 people: See you soon
Me: Sorry, I don't have it...

So, you know what I mean ? Girls hate me... when i walk in the street people look to me. I just imagine what they are thinking: "Here comes the monster"

I am the most ugly thing in the universe. The only girl that loved me was the girlfriend of a friend. What a retard I am...

So: Are you good enough for the opposite sex ?
No.

Sometimes i feel so sad, but so sad...
I am 23 now. I know how my life will be in 10 years from now. 20... 30...
I will be alone, forever.

Last year I just asked to a girl in my family if I am ugly and she told me that I am.
Even my mother told me when I was a child. I will never forget this...

What Can I do ? There are things in this universe that I like... mathematics, physics, computers and stuff like that... I will live with this stuff until my death. But it will be so good to have someone that loves me.

If someone have interest, ask me to tell the history of what a canadian girl did to me when I was 18(in the internet, i never saw a canadian in my life)...

Edit:

Let me tell:

I was talkign with this girl, for... 3 months... sometime i spent almost a day with her, using skype( i was trying to get a better english, because i don't have money to pay for a class... so i need to learn by myself).
one day she asked for my photo... i send the photo...
next day: where is the girl ?

1- she is dead
2- she saw my photo

correct answer: 2

Last edited:

Griffin

Are you good enough for yourself? Do you think you're good enough in the eyes of the opposite sex as a partner? Do you think you're 'more than good enough'?

Do you think you're not good enough, but if you worked real hard, could become good enough? Or Do you think that you're not good enough and no matter what you do, will never be good enough?

I think I'm good enough for myself. Of course, there are some things that I wish were different or that I wish had turned out differently. On the whole, I don't look in the mirror with a sense of self-loathing.

Do I think I'm good enough for a potential partner? No. It's hard for me to identify the kinds of thing a woman would want in man. When you're not good looking, don't have lots of money, don't own your own house and don't have that sparkling personality that all women say they love... It's tough to see why I would be a catch.

I don't know if it's something I can work on. Some things are within my control - career, money, material things. A lot of it comes from my own self-perception. I can see my confidence improving if I learn to see what I've got to offer. How I get to that state is anyone's guess.

Ultra_materialist

This is irrelevant but I really like your conversational tone. It makes reading what you write very interesting :)

I doubt that Canadian girl disappeared because of your picture. Sometimes it just happens. I had a friend online I talked to for years between ages 14-20. One day we just stopped talking for no reason.

Jes

What's today? Sunday, uh yes I do lol. Today I feel like I have a lot to offer someone I am funny, smart, great cook, keep a very clean house, enjoy taking care of the person I'm with, avid gamer and not that bad to look at. Other days its the complete opposite, I feel worthless because I can never hold a job, or go out to dinner, or go to parties. I need to find an old fashioned rich man that just wants to keep me at home, have his childre, cook and clean. Lol

recluse

No I don't. I feel i don't fit any attributes women look for.

I have severe low self esteem
Severe lack of confidence
Social anxiety
I'm a recluse/homebody/hermit
I still live with my parents at 31
I have no job
I have poor social/conversational skills
I am average looking
I am too serious
I dislike the idea of parties and dancing

I find that the older i get the more pathetic i become for example at my age i am expected to have a career and be fully independent, no woman wants a pathetic mess like me. When i was younger girls found my shyness ''cute'' or whatever. One girl said i was ''an angel who was put on the world to care for her'' now i'm just a pathetic piece of crap.

I also have the wrong personality for anyone to be attracted to; I am too serious and i don't like the idea of partying and having fun like most people. I compare myself to others and they are so carefree and fun, who wants to be with a boring guy like me?

One girl told me that the guy she would go out with would have to be religious which i am not.

Life is great!:rolleyes:

ultra_materialist

Ultra_materialist

This is irrelevant but I really like your conversational tone. It makes reading what you write very interesting :)

I doubt that Canadian girl disappeared because of your picture. Sometimes it just happens. I had a friend online I talked to for years between ages 14-20. One day we just stopped talking for no reason.

Thanks about that.

Yes, the canadian gir disappeared because of my picture. I am sure of that.
And I was not talking with her because i was trying something with her...
I am trying to get better, i need to loose some pounds hahaha... but i know that will not change so much how the girls see me.
That is how the world works... There is nothing that I can do that will make be better looking to a point that a girl will say: woww, that guy is beautiful.
This thing that I told about my friend girlfriend was a miracle... someone should make a movie about that day...

a ****ing miracle... Jesus kind of thing, you know ?

persianfan247

While I am not the best looking guy I don't think I am absolutely ugly. However it is in the personality department that I am deficient. I am not funny, exciting, nice or interesting. While people may not mind me as an aquaintance they would not want to spend to much time with me. I don't think any of my former friends would ever want to spend time with me alone, there always had to be someone else.

I can understand this, it becames a chore to be friends with someone who is so boring. There would be no joy in the friendship.

To top it all of my negativity can only make being with me even more joyless.

No. Not even close. I can create interest but never sustain it =(

Sometimes I feel like men in general aren't good enough for women these days. I've always thought I was one of the rare good ones...but instead I'm the exact opposite.