Are you down with the swirl?

mismeek

So I'm sure we have talked about this topic before.. but I can't remember and its driving me crazy again, so I thought I'd just bring it up once more.

I love interracial dating. I love interacting with other cultures and seeing how different we can be in the smallest ways. In general I date people who are motivated to improve their lives, and sadly the brothers in my town aren't really into taking control of their lives, which turns me off. So I've begun to venture out.

Anyway

I just want to know, would anyone date date black women? I'm actually in a relationship now, but when I was doing the single thing, guys where shooting me down left and right. When I approached white guys they seemed intimidated, Asians were confused, and the Latinos just ignored me. I'm decent looking and do have a sense of style, so i wonder is it because I'm black? Or maybe it was my approach. I tried passive, neutral and aggressive methods (the bulldozer & the come-hither & SipNdip ) but to no avail. The only men that seemed interested where white men who had a black fetish, who of which all black women need to avoid.

Maybe its because I live in the midwest? Despite the fact its 2013, racism is pretty prevalent, but mainly in the older generations.

I dunno. maybe its because of our stereotype? The angry black woman stereotype IS a bit off-putting.

I dunno someone help me out here! I'm curious.

Would you be down with the swirl?

Silatuyok

I dated a black guy, and he said that he didn't like to date black women because of their attitudes. :idontknow: I never really pressed him for an explanation so I'm not sure what that was all about.

nicole1

I do. I prefer to date outside of my race, though I've dated more black guys than not.

You'd probably like the groups on Facebook I'm on @ Meek. Most of the friends I have on there share the same dating preferences.

And @ Absolutely, I hate the negative they see in black women. We all have our dating preferences right? I've heard many black men say that. I find it dumb b/c race does not determine attitude. I think that's more so determined on an individual basis.

Silatuyok

And @ Absolutely, I hate the negative they see in black women. We all have our dating preferences right? I've heard many black men say that. I find it dumb b/c race does not determine attitude. I think that's more so determined on an individual basis.

I totally agree.

mismeek

I do. I prefer to date outside of my race, though I've dated more black guys than not.

You'd probably like the groups on Facebook I'm on @ Meek. Most of the friends I have on there share the same dating preferences.

I kind of feel that black women are at the bottom of the totem pole being black AND female, and because of this we have had to develop a steel back bone.

And now that we're rising up (75% of the blacks in college are women) we get hated on. its not fair

Okay im off my soapbox lol

approaching white guys always cracks me up because there always have this look like "wtf is going on right now?"

Capsaicin

I'm pretty open-minded. I don't identify strongly with my birth culture or race, and I think that combined with more experience with people from other cultures leaves me with fewer stereotypes and less of a group identity to preserve through "sticking to my own kind."

MikeyC

I tried passive, neutral and aggressive methods (the bulldozer & the come-hither & SipNdip )
What on earth are these? :eek: :giggle:

In Australia - at least my area - it's a very large white community. Seeing black people isn't very common at all. I'm serious if I say Shellharbour and surrounds are like 95% white people.

I'd like to date a black girl.

I'd like to date a girl! :bigsmile:

I dunno. maybe its because of our stereotype? The angry black woman stereotype IS a bit off-putting.

Haha. Of course not all black women are, umm, angry all the time, but I know what you're talking about. My high school was very multiracial, and the biggest groups were white and black. I had never known about this stereotype until I went to high school in the Harrisburg, PA area. I had never known anything at all about any current race issues or stereotypes, either, so it was an eye-opener.

And of course, white girls are often stereotyped as airheads, or nerdy I think. And there are others for all other races. I don't think any of those things is a good enough reason to avoid an entire group of people. Maybe there are a lot of angry black women. And maybe there are a lot of airhead white women. There are also airhead black women and angry white women! :D But anyone who would avoid an entire group is just ridiculous, in my opinion.

If you as a person aren't what they're trying to avoid (besides skin color or other physical attributes, which is unfortunate but can't be helped and good riddance to them anyway), I can't see why it should even be an issue.

...I guess that was my long-winded version of Nate's reply :p

Last edited:

AGR

If they are good people and I like them I don't care,I have liked all kinds of girls,with that said I can't get out of my head that I will end up marrying a japanese girl,not that I want,I would prefer not to because I don't want to live here forever,but still those thoughts are in my head since I first got here...

Phoenixx

i thought it was about ice cream :sad:

(i think i've tried just about every flavor)
^ I actually thought this too!

If they are good people and I like them I don't care
^ To answer the real question here, basically this for me too. I think it's sad people bring cultural/racial stereotypes into who they date or really who they get to know in general. Like, why give up getting to know a person better only based on skin color or what you've heard based on their heritage? I don't really get it.

Odo

Banned
In Australia - at least my area - it's a very large white community. Seeing black people isn't very common at all. I'm serious if I say Shellharbour and surrounds are like 95% white people.

This sounds sort of like my hometown.

I can't say that I actively seek out interracial relationships (or any relationships), but I would never write them off. I would be really worried about introducing them to my parents, though.

Marc7

I'm down with dating any race as long as I like them, so I'm down with the swirl (if that means interracial dating) lol.