Are you afraid of dying?

Oh boy, do not obsess over death and afterlife. It is the worst thing to be obsessing about because nobody has the answer and us ocd people are always looking for definite answers.

I thought i was the only person who felt this way.From a teenager i have had a fear of death-fear of the unknown-not knowing what happens-i get panic attacks and feelings of helplessness just thinking about it.
My son is going the same way and its very hard to reassure him when i feel fear

Oh boy, do not obsess over death and afterlife. It is the worst thing to be obsessing about because nobody has the answer and us ocd people are always looking for definite answers.

Exactly why its such a fear.How can you confront death-you cant-spiders,fear of heights,fear of water-you can confront these things but death you cant-well you can but you will be ead by then

TheStatue

Yes. I am my own world and one day that world will disappear. I am all that matters. After me there will be nothing. I am terrified of not existing.

If you have never felt death panic you will probably not understand this.

Last edited:
No, I am not. I am only afraid of the way because I don't want it to be painful like for example through some kind of freaky accident or whatever.

I am really obsessed about death. I was always trying to find out what will happen when I die. But I never found the answer.
I'm afraid that I get a heartattack, or if I die, that there will be 'nothing'.
I just want to live forever. But somehow my instinct tells me that , nobody wants to live forever ... weird huh.
My OCD makes me worry about death alot, some days I don't, some days I do alot. I can't believe that one day it will be all over.
Sometimes I'm afraid of life, what has brought us here.. and why we have to live with all those dangers.. Sometimes I feel like that Life is just like Sim City. o_O
And I wish I could just make the best out of life.. But sadly I'm not. Wish I could do that more..

Last edited:

nopark

I'm not afraid of death. It's not something I think about all that often because it really doesn't seem significant to me. I don't know if this is just the arrogance of youth or not. Maybe if I had something invested (more friends, children who relied on me etc) then it would matter more.

At this point living is scarier than death lol.

Masychefx2

Banned
yessss at night i think about death does it hurt ? whats it like? its just about the most painful thing to think about.

EscapeArtist

a huge earthquake is supposed to hit this area square-on, in the next 100 years but predicted to come much sooner than later.
Apparently it will be a 9 on the richter scale... I'm horribly afraid of dying because I am excited to make a world-impacting future for myself.
I keep my door, which has fallen off of its hinges, upright beside my bed, so if the earthquake comes I can put it on top of me for protection. I think i may be paranoid, so this is a yes to the 'are you afraid of dying' question.