Are you afraid of dying?

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

I'm not afarid of it so i dont fear it and there for i dont think about it. Its gonna happen and i cant change that so i dont worry about this or things i have no control over. Whats the point of worrying and gettin depressed over something we cant change.

limetree

Did it all get real, I guess it's real enough
They got refrigerators full of blood
Another century spent pointing guns
At anything that moves
Sometimes I worry that I've lost the plot
My twitching muscles tease my flippant thoughts
I never really dreamed of heaven much
Until we put him in the ground

But it's all I'm doing now
Listening for patterns in the sound
Of an endless static sea
But once the satellite's deceased
It blows like garbage through the streets
Of the night sky to infinity

But don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
Don't you weep (don't you weep)
There is nothing as lucky
Honey, don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free

Don't be a criminal in this police state
You better shop and eat and procreate
You got vacation days then you might escape
To a condo on the coast

I set my watch to the atomic clock
I hear the crowd count down til the bomb gets dropped
I always figured there'd be time enough
I never let it get me down

But I can't help it now
Looking for faces in the clouds
I got some friends I barely see
But we're all planning to meet
We'll lay in bags as dead as leaves
All together for eternity

But don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
There is no one as lucky
Honey, don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
There is nothing as lucky, as easy, or free
Or free, or free, or free
There's nothing, there's nothing, there's nothing...

Easy/Lucky/Free - Bright Eyes

I'm scared of dying, but just because I don't want to lose the ones I love forever. Obviously, I don't believe in any afterlife. i feel like i should, but i've came this far without believing in anything, and if i start to believe now, i would think of myself as a worthless hypocrite. yknow, one of those jerkoffs that become christians on death row.

agoraphobickatie

death is probably the one thing i'm NOT afraid of... when i'm anxious people always say "what's the worst that could happen? you're not gonna die" ..and that just doesn't work for me, lol, because i don't worry about death at all... like i'd rather die than get really really hurt and be ****ed up for life, haha...

Lonelykitsune

I am scared of getting a disease or bing murdred but im not overly worried.(dont wanna die by a metor striking th earth or sun blowing up)but a thought ive been having recently is that when i leave home,whn im about 25,ill just kill myself.its weird becaus i know its just to get out of dealing with life and having to get mployment and knowing ive wasted my life but whenever i think of it it makes me happy a little for some reason,i dont know why though.i doubt i ever would be able to kill myself though.
I actually thinks suicides silly and i dont know why im enjoying these thoughts,probably just some phase im going through...

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Right now yes, but ask me the same question when I'm depressed and I'll tell you all the opposite thing.

I am terrified of aging. I look for signs of aging on my face and feel sadness at my lost youth. Trouble is, I am 25 and do still have youth left. I am wasting it to these thoughts, which makes it seem even worse. Blah! Dying - The thought with clarity came to me a couple days ago about the actual reality of dying: Lying there, knowing my life is about to end. It was frightening to think about.

Oscelot

I wouldn't want to leave certain people behind or miss out on seeing how things are in the future.

But am I afraid? No.

Luke1993

Depends how I go, I want to have a cool death not some pathetic one like dying of old age (yawn) that's what I'm afraid of, I wanna go out in style! hehe

Lea

Banned
I am not afraid of natural death, that´s normal. I would be afraid if I knew my death was going to be violent :eek:.

mrb

hmmmm well i soppose its something we all have to face ..... but then its how you view it , i mean are you religious heavan hell , all life has to end , animals die humans die we all die , me i think we are reincarnated , im not saying im not scared of it , but dont let it rule your life lol plants ants ect ect all die in the end but dont spend your life worring about it;)

Absolutely terrified of dying!!! I have no reason to believe I'll somehow live past my physical body.. so, for all I know this is all I get, and no matter how hard my life is I want to make it the best I possibly can.