10 thinks that make me awesome

iamthenra

1. I am an excellent troubleshooter.
2. I can fix almost anything.
3. I am kind and considerate.
4. I am loyal.
5. I am very generous.
6. I am sensitive. ( too much sometimes I get hurt easily...)
7. I'm always helping others.
8. I have a great long term memory.
9. My niece and nephew adore me, and I spoil them rotten...
10. I load all my rifle cartridges for all my hunts...

Cal

Cal: yes I believe if you do a job like that - selling stuff and are good at it, it can raise your confidence (I wish I could do it but I would only bring up mistrust in the people, paradoxically also because I don´t know how to lie or exchaggerate, can´t keep eye contact, have quiet voice ..). I myself tend to feel better doing good whatever job, even cleaning. On the whole, my mother says why is it that allways when I come back home from abroad, I look better, even better dressed and am somehow better psychically balanced.

Hmm... I don't think it's really about lying or exaggerating to people at all. (Although I see how it can come across that way.) Having people trust and believe in you as a person or friend isn't an issue either, because you're not having any emotions or feelings involved. It's a professional conversation and you're there to simply make a sale by providing correct information, and by appealing to a person's likes/dislikes, preferences, lifestyle, etc. That's why we ask people questions about themselves (if anyone's noticed that).

I want to make it clear to everyone that I'm not some door knocker selling junk, I actually work in an electronics store. People usually go into those stores either to look around, or with the inititive to buy something in the first place. Because of that, approaching them really isn't a problem, in fact, the customers often come up to me first. ... The problem with electronics, (and especially computers) is that many don't know how to use them, don't know their functions, or even what they are! So providing knowledge to people is the primary role of my job and my ultimate objective is to (obviously) make the company lots of money. However, we are bound by law not to lie to people, and if we do, we can kiss our jobs goodbye, because every legal business and its staff has to operate under certain terms and conditions. In short though, you need good communication/people skills, and if you don't ... well it's really pointless unless you consider training.

I have trouble smiling as well, mainly because I'm sort of insecure about my looks... and it's even worse that I'm wearing braces. I think it's a minor issue though, because most people that are CONSTANTLY smiling either have very disturbing thoughts or are just trying really hard to project a positive image of themselves.

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
:eek: I totally know what you mean now Cal, sorry I said about the lying and exchaggerating, it´s done as well when you sell junk, but it doesn´t have to be (and shouldn´t be) if you do it like real professional and sell quality thing. The more I admire you can do that. Still, I don´t think I could because here in turn I don´t trust my intelligence, and I would have to be a real expert with knowledge which involves schools, training, talent, intelligence, organizational talent, good social skills etc. etc. :eek:

Remus

Staff member
we ALL have things that are great about us, and we need to start focusing on those positives. yes i have painful SA but the above things make me unique and deserving of all the good stuff in life. what about yall?? hopefully this wasnt too lame and it makes you guys think about yourselves....tell me if its lame by all means, lol

Lets keep on topic with the original posters idea of an encouraging thread ^^^^

arguements will be deleted after this post

Flowers-Of-Bloom

1. Completely unselective/accepting towards people.
2. Open-minded.
3. Resourceful.
4. Conscientious.
5. Literate.
6. Creative.
7. Independant thinker.
8. Emotionally and academically precocious.
9. The best fashion-sense to ever grace your eyes.
10. ...Awesome.

Took me a while to think of these...
I'd hate to give myself too much credit.

Danfalc

Banned
2) I still remember stenograpy after 20 years from school :eek:
(prety useless knowledge, it´s getting almost depressing to know my
inside stores such useless shit)

Just thought I would add a few more for you :)
3)Always honest and not scared to speak your mind which is a rare and nice thing these days,as people can always bank on you for an honest opinion.

4)Loyal,you are a good friend and will stick by people through ups and downs.

Lea

Banned
Just thought I would add a few more for you :)
3)Always honest and not scared to speak your mind which is a rare and nice thing these days,as people can always bank on you for an honest opinion.

4)Loyal,you are a good friend and will stick by people through ups and downs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Super Moderator!! :)

Noca

Banned
1) had many relationships
2) im really smart
3) Im cunning
4) stands for what I believe in no matter the consequences
5) i make a good friend
6) decent looking
7) will make a good psychologist one day
8) always win
9) Im funny
10) I got lots of stuff going for me

I never judge other people in advance until they do me personally any wrong. If any of you who posted in this thread for example wrote me tomorrow and wanted to talk to me, it would mean so much to me, I never refuse anybody just based on some stupid prejudices.

5) has a good heart :)

1. people say im a funny guy.
2. im handsome.
3. i can write for hours on a topic as long as it intserests me.
4. i have many people that love me and want to see me succeed in life.
5. im a diverse person.
6. i can giv some pretty good advice if i may say so myself.
7. i can dance pretty well.
8. i know i have faults and i recognize them adn try to do something about them alot of the time.
9. im a little creative.
10. im different from anybody else i have ever met EVER!!!

Kathryn

Im very kind and caring of others
I'm not superficial
I'm open minded
I'm not lazy
I'm healthy
I like disney movies
I stay true to the child within me
I know that with hard work, I can accomplish anything, which includes overcoming my anxiety
Im creative
Im passionate

FOR REAL

Banned
I'm easy to get along with.
I care about animals and the environment.
I like to keep things neat.
I'm very polite.
I do my best to try and learn from my mistakes instead of repeating them.
I always try and keep an open mind.
I try to live by the motto that you shouldn't unfairly judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes.
I don't view myself as better than anyone else.
I don't take myself too seriously.
I have a lot of compassion and empathy for others.

i hope i am most of these as alleycat is.
10 of my own though!

1. i now pay my electric bill
2. i wash dishes on a weekly basis
3. i have 2 blocks of cheese in my fridge
4. im going to get bread to go with the cheese
5. i stopped smoking
6. i started again
7. then i stopped again (for good)
8. i eat an apple every single day (lovely)
9. i pray to god (dont ask me which one, cause he never got back to me)
10. i can still laugh at this thing called LIFE!

metafink

1. my singing voice
2. i can play guitar and keyboards
3. i read a lot and am creative.
4. i don't judge people for their minutiae.
5. i'm a vegetarian.
6. my encyclopaedic knowledge of films.
7. I've got a cool family.
8. i've run out of stuff to say

Almost made it to ten!

neko

1. I'm sensitive (to the point of being over sensitive) but I guess it's good, in a world where most people have become desensitized.
2.I'm told I'm bright, I can learn things quite quickly if I really put my mind into it.
3. I can make the people close to me laugh with my sillyness.
4. Creative... When I have inspiration! XD
5. Without sounding pretentious, I look great on my good (in mood) days, I guess.
6. I'm shy (I heard some people find it cute ?_?).
7. I have good morals even if I'm not religious and I stick to them.
8. Always changing and evolving, leaves room for adaptation and I can grow to become a better person.
9. When I really like something, I'm really passionate about it.
10. I'm loyal and will stand by the person who loves me forever.