10 thinks that make me awesome

satstrn

here are 10 things that make me awesome. i think that everyone should make this list about themselves and post it.

1) I'm nice, sensitive, caring, and understanding
2) I'm a good listener
3) I'm tolerant of all races, religions, nationalities, everything!
4) I'm not a Yankees fan (go braves!)
5) I wouldn't hurt a fly, physically or emotionally
6) I'm funny and enjoy laughing
7) I'm learning to play guitar
8) I caught all 150 pokemon (the cards)
9) I'm a good kisser (as long as its been...)

and MOST important:

10) I'm alive and healthy!!!

i could go on! we ALL have things that are great about us, and we need to start focusing on those positives. yes i have painful SA but the above things make me unique and deserving of all the good stuff in life. what about yall?? hopefully this wasnt too lame and it makes you guys think about yourselves....tell me if its lame by all means, lol

Last edited:
Good post, but did ya ever notice how slow people are to submit replys when ever a good postive thing is asked of them? yet they make faster posts on topics that have more to do with self pity and despair... this whole site or at least the vast majority of it just seem to be feelin sorry for themselfs and not doing awhole lot about it

JA2007

1) I don't walk all over others to get what I want.
2) I have a lot of morals.
3) I take responsibility for my own actions.
4) I have a great bf.
5) I'm a fast learner.
6) I can think intellectually (when I want to).
7) I'm good with kids.
8) I'm not a drama queen.
9) I'm laid back but not lazy.
10) I'm passionate.
11) I'm good at reading people's moods.
12) I can take care of myself.
13) I don't whine when things don't go my way (just vent a little).
14) I did some big things this year I never thought I'd have the courage to do.
15) I'm a classy chick, but not stuck up.
16) I like friends of different backgrounds, religions, races, genders, sexual orientation, and educational level.

JA2007

yeah ur right man, post up guys! JA, you sound like a great person to be around!!

Aww that's sweet! Thanks! So do you. I can relate to several of your traits...except for that baseball reference. And I'm from the Midwest, not the South.

Indian Summer

1)ummm...
2)ummm...
3)ummm...
4)ummm...
5)ummm...
6)ummm...
7)ummm...
8)ummm...
9)ummm...
10)ummm...

It appears I don't have anything. I seriously can't think of anything! Well either that or I need to work on my good deed/awesomeness badges. Whenever I earn one I'll replace one of the ummms. Hopefully.

Avery

Re: Indian Summer

Cool thread idea. In the interests of being positive, I'll trot me out a list. I may be overplaying my strengths here a bit, but considering how frequently I underplay them, maybe it's about time.

1. I'm a gifted writer of both fiction and nonfiction, and am at at times a flat-out great poet/lyricist.
2. I'm a loyal and dependable big brother, and I'm a positive role model for my siblings and cousins.
3. I'm responsible and mature, rarely wasting money and never causing drama or trouble for others.
4. I'm really good with kids.
5. I stick to my word. If I say I'll do something, I'll do my best to get it done.
6. I abstain from alcohol, drugs, and promiscuous sex, which are the causes of half the problems in this society (or so it seems).
7. If I'd actually get off my ass and get back to exercising, I'd probably have a good physique like I did back in middle/high school (without even trying). I build strength easily.
8. I'm going bald at the ripe old age of 22, but refuse to wear a hat like a wimp. :D
9. I've done well in college, and have no debt, so if I play my cards right and graduate I'll be geared for financial stability and independence.
10. I may feel that my life is already over sometimes, because of all the things I've missed out on, but the fact is I've still got enough time to do the things I wanna do, and be who I wanna be. :)

It appears I don't have anything. I seriously can't think of anything! Well either that or I need to work on my good deed/awesomeness badges. Whenever I earn one I'll replace one of the ummms. Hopefully.

Well, if that's you in your avatar pic, you look quite pretty to me, at least from what I can see. :) I'm not trying to flirt like a hound dog or anything, but it's true. Light skin/dark hair is the most beautiful combination on a girl IMO.

BlackKids

Great idea man

1. I have a great personality
2. I'm Creative
3. Honest
4. Adventurous
5. Musical
6. I'm Patience
7. Good listener
8. Motivated
9. Funny ( SA tried convince me that I'm not )
10. Handsome ( Its true if I beleive it)

:)

Last edited:

mmmm

You are handsome blackkids, if your old avatar was you. You too, psyche you have a lovely eye. I'm sure the other one is even better :)

what makes me fabulous?

1) I was created and endorsed by the most fabulous God ever.
2) I love
3) I'm scared of social stuff but I go out there anyway
4) I listen
5) I have a spectacular immagination (which I am not using to write this list :))
6) I'm clever
7) I'm funny
8) I'm pretty
9) I think I'm more or less liked in real life
10) I've got the whole rest of my life to get over SA

WelshOne

This is a difficult one for me tbh, but after thinking hard...

1) I'm hard working
2) I always try my best
3) I'm a loyal friend
4) I'm generous, when I can afford it
5) I love animals
6) I dont take illegal drugs
7) I dont smoke

I'll leave it there cause it's taken me about 15 mins to think of those lol.

1) Funny
2) Loyal
3) Generous
4) Musically Talented
5) Good at listening
6) Thoughtful
7) Caring
8) Serious when i need to be
9) I'm a Good DJ
10) I am ME!

evie

Thanks for the positive thread, satstrn.

1) I play a mean game of Monopoly.
2) I can sing. (I was a soprano in a choir for a few years)
3) I have good taste in movies/music/books.
4) I am a good cook.
5) I am financially responsible and very good with money.
6) I am kind, caring, considerate and understanding.
7) I have a good sense of humour and can make people laugh. (At least, when I'm not feeling anxious I can)
8) I am reasonably intelligent.
9) I have a good relationship with my immediate family.
10) I am pretty good at horse riding.

Cal

This is a fantastic idea, promoting positive thinking. I love it!

1: I have many plans and goals are for the future, and always keep them in mind.
2: I have experienced many different cultures, and know many different people.
3: I have many skills and ideas, which makes me valuable to people.
4: I have many interests and hobbies, which makes me easy to communicate with.
5: I stand up for what I believe in, and the people I care about.
6: I don't let fear hold me back, I ACTUALLY LIVE!
7: I'm open and honest.
8: I'm serious to a fault, but have a great sense of humour.
9: I'm physically and mentally active, and have a solid, yet fun routine.
10: I'm proud of who I am, and what I've accomplished.

Sinar_Matahari

Thanks for this post! This is something that we all need to get us away from our usual dark moods. Thank you especially for helping remind us of all the good that is in us! God bless!

I have a great husband and a great child.

I have a sense of loyalty and propriety.

I have a great sense of humor and I can make people laugh.

I am very well-mannered although some people seem to get annoyed by it.

I make an effort to be kind, helpful and respectful to people.

I'm very accepting and forgiving when others make mistakes.

I'm a good listener.

I'm affectionate.

I love kids and animals.

I'm very perceptive of people.

I'm a good judge of character (I think this also goes with the above statement)

I'm good looking and have a good figure.

I'm very intelligent (not so much book smart but street smart)

I have good friends

I have a good sense of style (I can make a very nice outfit out of simple clothing and accessories)

I don't have a whole lot in my repetoir but I can cook well.

I'm a hard worker and I am focused in my work.

I am naturally curious and love to learn about all sort of things.

I often have interesting things to talk about ( At least I happen to think so)

I am outspoken when I have the courage.

I am very protective over my friends and family. I would kill to protect them.

I may be nice but I can defend myself if I really have to.

I care about people's feelings. I love making people feel good about themselves and I like making people become comfortable around me.

I'm making an effort to get better ( I try and fight the negative thoughts that pop up into my head.)

I'm worthy of love, understanding, fairness and forgiveness just like everyone else here.

God has given me much love and many blessings.

That's quite a list! It sounds like I'm full of myself but it could have been longer. lol Just know that I'm being sincere though.

Last edited:

evie

Rep point for Psyche. At least you´re the most sincere :).

Are the rest of us being insincere?

There actually are some things I like about myself, even though they're outweighed by all the negative thoughts when I'm in a social situation.

JCS008

Great thread:

1. I know what my problem is and I'm trying to improve on it
2. I'm accountable for all my actions and don't blame others for the bad things in my life
3. I'm realistic and accept society and others for what they are (the good and bad)
4. I appreciate everything my family and friends have done for me (though I have trouble showing it sometimes, I'm fully aware deep down inside)
5. I'm working on not being judgmental of others (though sometimes it happends on instinct), I do a pretty decent job not judging others most of the time.
6. I'm trying to improve my life and not live so much in the past or future. Just have to focus on the present and what I can control
7. I try to do the right thing
8. I am creative. Just need to apply it
9. I'm organized
10. I'm mature

Lea

Banned
Are the rest of us being insincere?

There actually are some things I like about myself, even though they're outweighed by all the negative thoughts when I'm in a social situation.

Well, to me is not relevant what people say about themselves or how great they think they are. People who think too much about themselves scare me away because I know they wouldn´t find someone like me even worth talking to. In any case I would be careful. Btw. I evaluate people only on what they actually do or how they treat others in daily life, not what they say.
And contrary to others, I do not find this thread very positive, it seems to me more like ego-parade...

AlleyCat

I'm easy to get along with.
I care about animals and the environment.
I like to keep things neat.
I'm very polite.
I do my best to try and learn from my mistakes instead of repeating them.
I always try and keep an open mind.
I try to live by the motto that you shouldn't unfairly judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes.
I don't view myself as better than anyone else.
I don't take myself too seriously.
I have a lot of compassion and empathy for others.