SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic
 
Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
Well i'm glad that i used it right! I can recall you've used sth like 'ya buckin dancer!!!' before, in a congradulatory manner, and it just occurred to me that it may be suitable to be used for this instance.

btw I'm presuming it's scottish slang, right?
Aye, Glaswegian Scots in origin, but it's become more commonplace in the central and southern regions of Scotland. The meaning isn't really known, but the phrase is commonly heard in response to good news, or when something goes well.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
I would say the reason why they say you're wrong, is because you do or say sth that they "disagree" with, or sth which they react to (feelings-wise); so anything like that they tar with the "wrong" label, which happens to have much guilt automatically attached to it (ie it's an "emotionally loaded" word or label). Perhaps they even use the word to get back at you? (ie to make you feel guilty about sth you said or did). Or perhaps they use it as a way of controlling you?
Well, I'd say it more controlling on their part. Since they tend to always want to discourage me from doing things my way, or on my terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
But i'm guessing they sometimes just imply you're in the wrong, without telling you straight?
This is how my mum is 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
You need, i think, to find a way of turning such things into a positive .. as it will always happen .. so might as well put it to good use rather than bad use, eh?
How, exactly? Kinda difficult seeing the postive in trying to reason with someone who insist that they're in the right and your perspective because it doesn't match theirs is automatically wrong. And this isn't up for debate and reasoning with. Because my mum is exactly like this. Her way or no way... Ma dad wus the same. Where's the positive in that?


Plus, my family will constantly tell me that I'm more capable than I let on, as way of building my confidence. But then, everytime I attempt prove this, they insist upon helping me - when I don't need help. And get overly concerned about me to the point where I'm not even allowed outta the house on my own.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Tamale View Post
I gave a presentation today in front of 20 students, it was so difficult and I started sweating but the longer it went the easier it got. It was like ripping off a band-aid. I still fumbled for words but I still managed myself well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
Good job, Tamale.
Agreed! Good on ye, Tamale. Well done.
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-14-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

It seems like every day's the same
And I'm left to discover on my own
It seems like everything is gray
And there's no colour to behold

I feel the dream in me expire
And there's no one left to blame it on
I hear you label me a liar
Cause I can't seem to get this through
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Elite User
 

worn out . its was my first FULL day (12 hours). all the others last week were about 8 hours . and its only my 2nd OFFICIAL day at the prison I'm working at, all last week was at central and then a community college nearby. I'm glad I'm not sitting in a classroom all day anymore because my a$s was starting to hurt but now I'm walking around all day so my FEET hurt. i guess no matter what somethings going to hurt.

today was eventful
i had to help another officer cuff an inmate and take him to segregation because he punched another inmate in the face for talking on the phone for too long.

another inmate found out that his aunt died . apparently she was all he had in the world so he told the sergeant that he wanted to kill himself and then broke down in her office . had to take him to medical.


and some folk nation gang members threatened me when i tried to stand up for a fellow officer ....they were like "dis real gang sh!t right here. you dont wanna know!" (whatever that means) then as i was walking the group back to dorm 3 , him and his friends kept turing around and talking crap to me. he actually then threw up a gang sign briefly which I'm pretty sure was folk nation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_Nation


thats ok though...ill just report report him to the gang unit..what a moron..oh well, i guess some peoples egos are much larger than their brains..



and anyway, various other stuff happened but mostly along the lines of the inmates acting like children.


all in all though idk how i feel about this job yet...idk if any of the inmates are plotting on me right now haha...its very entertaining though, to say the least....and as far as exposure therapy goes: its WORKING.
AtTheGates is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtTheGates For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (02-15-2017), PugofCrydee (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

'Let's go ****ING CRAZY!!!'
Graeme, any ideas?

(been abroad today )
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post

(been abroad today )
So how was it being the opposite sex?..
PugofCrydee is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PugofCrydee For This Useful Post:
Graeme1988 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Tamale View Post
I gave a presentation today in front of 20 students, it was so difficult and I started sweating but the longer it went the easier it got. It was like ripping off a band-aid. I still fumbled for words but I still managed myself well!
One time at school, we had to do a speech based on a piece of paper drawn from a hat. I drew "bum". Teacher said to pick another, but i refused to, and did a talk on "bum". Stubborn OCD me! hehe. I thought i'd be more embarassed than i was. I kinda went into some details, just for the hell of it, to do the finger to everyone who thought i was this quiet, passive "baby". Ended up probably them being more embarassed, due to seeing how i was struggling to get the words out (& the topic of course!)
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
So how was it being the opposite sex?..
Oh, you mean cause today i'm ****ING CRAZY?
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

I'm thinking just maybe it might be seeing young women in town, that makes me "STIR CRAZY" afterwards .. like YEE HAAA, RIDE 'EM COWBOY amount of stir crazy.
I mean, that does seem to be a common factor, thru all these years. Seeing what i can never have. Frustration to the Nth degree.
Just a thought. Trying to do some self-diagnosis here.
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FountainandFairfax View Post
Steady as she goes, man. I wish you luck, that job seems like a nightmare to me, you've got brass balls!

thanks man! so far, so good. its surprising how fast the time goes by because theres so much going on. the only real indicator of being on such a long shift is my feet hurting so much by the end of the day..i need to buy some good insoles.
AtTheGates is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AtTheGates For This Useful Post:
FountainandFairfax (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
(been abroad today)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PugofCrydee View Post
So how was it being the opposite sex?..
Sorry, let me just compose masel'... Aw, f**k!
Pug, yer a funny c*nt, man.
Graeme1988 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Graeme1988 For This Useful Post:
PugofCrydee (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017
Graeme1988's Avatar
Hie ye hence from me heath!
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslowesthand View Post
'Let's go ****ING CRAZY!!!'
Graeme, any ideas?
Why ye askin' me, like?
Graeme1988 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
PugofCrydee's Avatar
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Sorry, let me just compose masel'... Aw, f**k!
Pug, yer a funny c*nt, man.
I couldn't help myself
PugofCrydee is offline  
Old 02-15-2017
AtTheGates's Avatar
Elite User
 

feeling relaxed. i get the today and tomorrow off! then I work 3 days straight -_-
AtTheGates is offline  
Old 02-16-2017
defiance's Avatar
Expert User
 

Very...f**king frustrated
defiance is offline  
Old 02-16-2017
FountainandFairfax's Avatar
I remember a time of chaos... ruined dreams... this wasted land.
Elite User
 

I'm tired but I don't want to go to sleep... the green goddess beckons me closer... take her caffeinated hand... sleep is for the weak...

"Dew you love me?

DEW you?

DEW ME!"
FountainandFairfax is offline  
Old 02-16-2017
 

Humiliated.
Sarah_M is offline  
Old 02-16-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
Why ye askin' me, like?
I thought you might know these opening lyrics to the song, as ye do seem to have extensive knowledge of music!
(sorry if ye got the wrong end of the stick there )
theslowesthand is offline  
Old 02-16-2017
theslowesthand's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme1988 View Post
How, exactly? Kinda difficult seeing the postive in trying to reason with someone who insist that they're in the right and your perspective because it doesn't match theirs is automatically wrong. And this isn't up for debate and reasoning with. Because my mum is exactly like this. Her way or no way... Ma dad wus the same. Where's the positive in that?
One such positive could be, everytime they act "difficult", say to yourself 'This event is positive for me, as it's teaching me how to deal with difficult people, and not react to them'.
theslowesthand is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to How are you feeling?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone else get this feeling? that_shy_guy Shyness Forum 22 02-01-2013 04:31 PM
Feeling down Angel_Of_Death Social Anxiety Forum 7 01-26-2013 07:50 PM
Feeling a bit low sum101 Social Anxiety Forum 10 08-09-2012 05:05 PM
Pee feeling? Meow Social Anxiety Forum 56 09-10-2011 09:51 AM
The feeling of not being there Heartbeat Social Anxiety Forum 6 03-30-2006 07:05 AM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:05 AM.