SocialPhobiaWorld.com  
     

Home Today's Posts Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 
Go Back   SocialPhobiaWorld.com > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic
 
Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2014
Odo
 

I would have to agree that success often is the result of privilege-- it's not that those people don't work hard, it's just that they have had some pretty big lucky breaks along the way that they rarely seem to acknowledge.

Nobody becomes wealthy or successful on their own and usually a lot of other people have to fail in order for one person to be a success... that's just how the system is set up.
Odo is offline  
Old 07-19-2014
Hellhound's Avatar
Super Moderator
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
they have had some pretty big lucky breaks
I read that as "breasts"

Dammit.
Hellhound is offline  
Old 07-19-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinialuna View Post
I understand Mol! I have a sore spot for stories of people who overcame horrible medical conditions to be successful and inspiring solely because they have an undying positive attitude.... Makes me want to hurl! I am in pain all the time and on top of it I have to feel guilty because I am not able to work or at least be an inspiration to others? Forget that. I HURT. I feel like I have the flu all the time. I ache every moment of every day and that is just baseline (it gets worse at times.) How can I be expected to be at the top of my game and cheerful all the time?
I am totally jaded, and I think it's understandable- or at least it should be. So many turned their backs on me when I got sick. When the fun stops and sh*t gets serious no one wants anything to do with you anymore, including my own mother. Yeah, it's not hard to imagine how my disorder developed. People seem to think there is something wrong with me, but in actuality, as the saying goes "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." If I open myself up for this type of hurt and rejection again wouldn't that just make me a fool? Seems like my reaction (social anxiety) is fully warranted, although unfortunate.
I won't let the disease or the anxiety ruin my life, but I will take joy from a different source now. I don't need a huge group of friends to enjoy the sunset, or an extended family circle to appreciate a warm breeze. I will give all of my love and energy to the few I have in my life who truly love and cherish me, and none to anyone who doesn't.
Yeah you find out who you're friends are when it really gets bad, and the ones who really love you not just say they do because you're family.

It's so great you have your own family now to be there for you, and very special I am sure to you.
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-19-2014
 

*Ahem* **coughs*
I think there's some under 40 yr olds posting here again.
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-19-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
^ If only more of us who have not had the support or luck that others have taken for granted spoke up and laid the facts on the table like you just did, maybe there would be more understanding.
Wow Thanks Bluedays!
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-20-2014
Odo
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
*Ahem* **coughs*
I think there's some under 40 yr olds posting here again.
Sorry Molly... I only post here because it's my favorite thread.
Odo is offline  
Old 07-20-2014
Remus's Avatar
Super Moderator
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
*Ahem* **coughs*
I think there's some under 40 yr olds posting here again.
Shall I just start deleting their posts?
Remus is offline  
Old 07-23-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remus View Post
Shall I just start deleting their posts?
Excellent !
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-23-2014
 

Sometimes I think the reason I am "socially anxious" is b/c I am like Larry David from Curb and always do and say the wrong things. There's too many rules to talking to people it's exhausting...plus I dislike social things so much.
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-23-2014
BlueDays's Avatar
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyBeGood View Post
Sometimes I think the reason I am "socially anxious" is b/c I am like Larry David from Curb and always do and say the wrong things. There's too many rules to talking to people it's exhausting...plus I dislike social things so much.
^Yes!!
I distinctly remember some of the comments the last 2 really carefree people I have come across have said.
I was actually feeling jealous of how carefree their attitude was with when and what they said to people. Maybe I would not want to offend people quite to the level they did, but it was still interesting to see how "free" of worry they were. I guess the hard part is to find a middle ground, which in itself would be pretty subjective as well?
BlueDays is offline  
Old 07-23-2014
 

I just plain hate the way most people make me feel. I feel half misunderstood and half intolerant of their stupidity ad lack of moral fiber. I shall never understand how someone (me) with such a low self esteem can be so self righteous :(
Seriously, I don't mean to be haughty, I am so easy to please (all it takes is a little gentle kindness and common decency) but so many are rude, cruel and snotty. I need to work on learning forgiveness and how to let go of bitterness. People say stupid things, I need to get over it, and I need to stop being equally as hard on myself.
Lavinialuna is offline  
Old 07-24-2014
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDays View Post
^Yes!!
I distinctly remember some of the comments the last 2 really carefree people I have come across have said.
I was actually feeling jealous of how carefree their attitude was with when and what they said to people. Maybe I would not want to offend people quite to the level they did, but it was still interesting to see how "free" of worry they were. I guess the hard part is to find a middle ground, which in itself would be pretty subjective as well?
LoL I think it's easy to be so carefree if you don't have to worry about a job-like LD is rich and he makes a total game out of the LA scene, showing how insane and stupid it is all the time, but he's also a millionaire. Talk about a great life!
MollyBeGood is offline  
Old 07-24-2014
dottie's Avatar
Elite User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavinialuna View Post
I just plain hate the way most people make me feel. I feel half misunderstood and half intolerant of their stupidity ad lack of moral fiber. I shall never understand how someone (me) with such a low self esteem can be so self righteous :(
Seriously, I don't mean to be haughty, I am so easy to please (all it takes is a little gentle kindness and common decency) but so many are rude, cruel and snotty. I need to work on learning forgiveness and how to let go of bitterness. People say stupid things, I need to get over it, and I need to stop being equally as hard on myself.


ARE YOU ME
dottie is offline  
Old 11-12-2014
onehandclapping's Avatar
Intermediate User
 

I am finding myself like that. not sure if it's age thing or I have always been like it.

for example, being polite and opening a door for someone and being treated with rudeness or disrespect. that can ruin my whole day! other people can seem to let go of it, doesn't seem to come that easy to me.
onehandclapping is offline  
Old 12-03-2015
everdeenkatniss's Avatar
Newbie User
 

Right, that ma guid deed done fur the day.
everdeenkatniss is offline  
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads to For Older Jaded Members Only!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it bad I don't want to drive until I'm 18 or older? FriendlyShadow Social Anxiety Forum 30 01-06-2015 01:36 AM
the older generation Section_31 Social Anxiety Forum 19 07-30-2011 09:34 PM
Getting older Argamemnon Social Anxiety Forum 46 11-30-2009 07:29 PM
Older virgins rain_ Adults Only 5 09-07-2008 10:51 PM



Mobile Version
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:11 AM.