Would you get married?

El.Sonador

OMG!!! Now that is funny!
3760729636_aef410dbf9_o.gif
Nice puppy! Roll over... Sit... Lay down... Haha! Good Lycra...Good Lycra! LOL I think he is going to need a bigger pooper scooper too! LOL Oh too funny!

LOL ... I'll probably teach her how to use the litter box, I'm too lazy to go poop scooping...

recluse

I wouldn't mind getting married if the right girl came along, sadly i don't have a chance to meet any::(:

Mrs_Bibbs

I got married almost three years ago. I've known my husband for 13 years. He has SA too. We didn't have any money, and didn't want a wedding. I lived in Hawaii at the time, so we got married on a local beach. Our leis came from Walmart. The vows were done in Hawaiian. Cost $60. It was just us. He was all crusty from a surfing lesson a half an hour before. For the reception, we climbed up on some rocks overlooking Yokohama Beach and drank champagne, sang some songs to one another.... then I went to class. There was a kava ceremony during class. Lucky coincidence. We inherited our rings nearly a year later-- I wear his grandmother's ring.

I love my husband very much... and we'd have to love one another madly because marriage is a lot of work! Lots of work. Work, work, work. :)

BlackKids

I got married almost three years ago. I've known my husband for 13 years. He has SA too. We didn't have any money, and didn't want a wedding. I lived in Hawaii at the time, so we got married on a local beach. Our leis came from Walmart. The vows were done in Hawaiian. Cost $60. It was just us. He was all crusty from a surfing lesson a half an hour before. For the reception, we climbed up on some rocks overlooking Yokohama Beach and drank champagne, sang some songs to one another.... then I went to class. There was a kava ceremony during class. Lucky coincidence. We inherited our rings nearly a year later-- I wear his grandmother's ring.

I love my husband very much... and we'd have to love one another madly because marriage is a lot of work! Lots of work. Work, work, work. :)

Thats totally awesome. Generic weddings are pretty pointless. Seems to be more about the guests.

recluse

Exactly! Why should weddings be so lavish?! It's all for show and people don't care about going into debt to pay for them. It should be about love not how many guests and so on they have.

Hey, cool and sweet story. If I ever do end up getting married, I always wanted it to be some discreet thing on the beach in our bathing suits, on a secluded part of the beach with no one around. When I was younger, I remember seeing a commercial, which stuck with me....it was of two people getting married in their bathing suits on the beach, just them and the priest, judge, whatever he was...and they video taped it and sent the dvd to their families. I thought that was a great idea. Cheap, simple, quick, and you can do it at your honeymoon spot: kill two birds with one stone. :D

VioletTears

I have been married for 6 years. I married my high school sweetheart... First and only guy I ever dated.

My dream wedding was and still is a very intimate ceremony with only close family held along the bluffs on the shore of Lake Superior. DH, however, wanted something more traditional. So, we sort of went down the middle. I got a Unitarian Ceremony and would have gotten an outdoor ceremony if it hadn't rained and he got to have a formal reception in the same historic mansion where his parents tied the knot. Oh, and I got vegetarian food served at the reception.

We had 100 people and somehow in the excitement I got over-confident... until it was my turn to walk down the isle and suddenly everyone STOOD UP and looked at me, and then I lost it and started shaking so badly!!! Afterwards people even mentioned my shaking to me, it was really embarassing. But it was still the second best day of my life, following the birth of my son.

Really I feel bad for people who never commit to a relationship or have kids, who end up alone. I have an uncle like that and now he's in his 50s and is so depressed over it. I know not everyone wants that, but it just seems lonely to me.

Marriage doesn't erase social anxiety, though, and it doesn't erase depression either. I have a lot of depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, trust issues, etc, and all of that does impact our marriage. Sometimes it's hard. And most of the time we're pretty disconnected. We have been together since we were 16 and are now 28 and I'm still scared to let him too far into my world.

aboobooboobooo

I hate it when parents/family/elders put stupid culture and tradition in front of their kids/grand kids happiness.... Their priorities are all wrong

Don't get me started on that topic. I'm only 21 and I'm already feeling some pressure to get married from the family. Damn hispanic culture, at least let me get a gf first.

sleepysparrow

I don't think i'll ever get married again. After going through a difficult separation, now I have to pay for a divorce with money that I don't have. I don't even agree with marriage because love doesn't need to be justified through the government or religion. A marriage certificate doesn't make love anymore real than it already is. With that being said, I don't think i'll ever find anyone who will ever understand me or love me enough, I just need to accept being alone for the rest of my life, and I think I have.

thor01

I don't think i'll ever get married again. After going through a difficult separation, now I have to pay for a divorce with money that I don't have. I don't even agree with marriage because love doesn't need to be justified through the government or religion. A marriage certificate doesn't make love anymore real than it already is. With that being said, I don't think i'll ever find anyone who will ever understand me or love me enough, I just need to accept being alone for the rest of my life, and I think I have.

That's exactly how I feel about marriage. I appreciate what it symbolises to people, and have no problem with people doing it if it works for them, its their business. But really, its no more than a social construct of society, and a label, not a natural thing. All these pressures in life such as getting married and having a "good" job, there not what life's all about really, to me. You don't need to be married to show love for someone. In the big picture it doesn't matter.
I've never planned on getting married, not that it would happen for me if I did want to anyway. I can't see I'd ever find the "right" one either, or have anyone else see me as the "right" one. But I can't see myself functioning very well in a married life anyway even if it was possible. I think the fact that so many end, with people being hurt puts me off the idea too. My older sister has already been married twice, both of them ended. And she's only 27. My own parents too, are divorced. Sorry to hear about the pain you're separation has caused Amie. The paying of money you don't have just isn't right.

Last edited:

talisman

Maybe one day, but I certainly wouldn't rush into it. I'm not even sure I want a monogamous relationship for quite some years yet. I need to have a bit of a life first. If I'm lucky I might be able to restart my 20s at 25 years old...who knows. lol

If I did get married, I wouldn't want the traditional-style service. It would be a small and unique occassion.

WelshOne

I'd like to get married one day, when I find that special someone. I know marriage is just a piece of paper to some, but to me it shows commitment, and kind of tells me that my partner has no doubts about our relationship.

As for the wedding, well I think that's more about the bride, so I'd want whatever my partner wanted. I'd like to be involved in some of the planning though, to show interest :)

VioletTears

I know marriage is just a piece of paper to some, but to me it shows commitment, and kind of tells me that my partner has no doubts about our relationship.

Me too. I'm not religious at all (which is why we had a Unitarian ceremony with no mention of God) and I really don't care about whether the government accepts us as a couple, BUT, as someone who has always struggled with trust, I needed the extra layer of commitment. Of course I know people can cheat, I know that things fail, but I guess it's just that the more you invest in the relationship the less easy it is to walk away. Yeah, chalk it up to insecurity I guess...

Amie, I'm sorry to hear that things fell apart for you. From what I know of you you're really sweet and pretty too, you'll find someone else, if you want to. Hopefully someone better than the first guy.

Noca

Banned
I will only marry if i get a pre-nub that my partner would not be able to take any of my money should we divorce.

madmike

That's pretty much saying to your partner, "Yeah... I'm not expecting this to end well." ::p: Hehe.

Hahaha! I think a lot of you are thinking too much into it. Getting married is a jump in the deep end for anyone, and will have its ups and downs. I'm probably really deluded about this since i can't even be in the same room when my parents or siblings have friends round, but i imagine if you decided to marry someone you'd be comfortable enough around them to at least believe it could potentially work out (i mean... i wouldn't marry if i had no hope of it working...)