Would you consider yourself an interesting person?

Are you an interesting person? Have a lot of hobbies?

• I consider myself boring and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • I consider myself boring and have 5 or more hobbies

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I consider myself interesting and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • I consider myself interesting and have 5 ore more hobbies.

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
I've no hobbies, but I'm interesting because I can have conversations about a wide range of matters, and when I can't, I just learn from the other by listening him. No false modesty.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Those hobbies don't sound mundane or time-wasters at all, to me. Do you make your own art, or is your passion in art appreciation? Or both?

I'd say both. Used to do alot of drawing as a kid. But, lately, it's been more an appreciation of art. I haven't really done any art in like 7 years. Haven't really had the confidence to start drawing or painting again. I think it because I feel, in someway, I suck at it. I know, I'm my own worst enemy. Or, I'll have an idea that sounds good in my head, but doesn't seem great when I put it down on paper or canvas.

Also, I have a tendency to start doing something - like sketching out a painting - but never actually finish it. So most of my stuff just sits around the house, unfinished.

Silatuyok

I'd say both. Used to do alot of drawing as a kid. But, lately, it's been more an appreciation of art. I haven't really done any art in like 7 years. Haven't really had the confidence to start drawing or painting again. I think it because I feel, in someway, I suck at it. I know, I'm my own worst enemy. Or, I'll have an idea that sounds good in my head, but doesn't seem great when I put it down on paper or canvas.

Also, I have a tendency to start doing something - like sketching out a painting - but never actually finish it. So most of my stuff just sits around the house, unfinished.

I am the same way. I still do a decent amount of photography, but my motivation to draw and create pieces has really fallen by the wayside. I have never gotten much positive feedback on my drawings, even in art school. And in addition to all the things you mentioned, I just don't seem to have the patience, anymore, to sit down and really dedicate myself to creating something worthwhile.
But, one of my goals for October is to do some drawing, so I think I will get started on something tonight.

razzle dazzle rose

If your anxiety isn't too severe, you should go to a party or a club. Even if just for an hour or so, and just see how you like it. They're not exactly a hotplate for awesome conversation and interaction, but it'll give you something to remember, even if you don't fully enjoy it. :)

My anxiety is kinda high up there, but I think I could manage to pull myself together to go to one of those places, even if the music does suck and I am not much of a dancer. Only, I don't get invited, and I could never just show up on my own. And that is what sucks sometimes, that I am waiting around for people to invite me places. I never say no. I try not to. The invitations have dried up, and I have no friends. I have a sister who goes out, she goes with other people. I have expressed interest in going out with them, but she doesn't seem interested in having me tag along. It makes me feel so pathetic really. I guess I do drag people down ::(: How to be less than a downer? How can I convince people to give me a chance? Ahh, I am pathetic, like a puppy begging for a bone. It happened recently too. She is going with a friend of hers to this Halloween thing and I would just love to go. But I am not invited. "You are not invited. You can't come, sorry."

Like you, I'm single and have no kids or a girlfriend. I don't mind having a few drinks and going clubbing, but not very often. I'd rather just stay at home and watch a movie or listen to tunes or something. I'm 25 but I act 65. ::p:

I do too! Haha :D How do you go about going to these things? Any tips you can pass on? I spend my Saturday nights that way: watching movies, listening to music, downloading music. Sometimes I paint my nails. I don't mind it much. It just would nice to not have to spend each Saturday and Friday night this way. I would love to spend it being with other people.

I dont think my hobbys would make me interesting even if it is an interesting hobby.
I always repeat myself, predictable and cliche. No one will sit around and hear me tell storys..
Thats how I know im not interesting!

i've been told i'm very fascinating...

...in my pants

(is this the right thread?)

LOL!!:D:rolleyes:
I'd love to know what the other users who have not seen that other thread would make of this!? lol ::p:

The more you get to know me the more interesting I become.

MikeyC

I do too! Haha :D How do you go about going to these things? Any tips you can pass on? I spend my Saturday nights that way: watching movies, listening to music, downloading music. Sometimes I paint my nails. I don't mind it much. It just would nice to not have to spend each Saturday and Friday night this way. I would love to spend it being with other people.
Well, I'm not sure about tips. I have no problem being social and stuff with people I know. It's when girls start coming over that the anxiety hits. If I can go to a club and just go to have a good time without the pressure of picking up (which is usually the case with one of my friends), then it's no drama. As for you, maybe just go there with the intention of having one social drink with a friend (or your sister) and then head off. Maybe see how that goes and try again the following weekend. That's all I can really offer, haha.

Good luck! :D

Marionette

I consider myself very boring.
There's nothing interesting what I could tell about myself, I have no hobbies, no interests, simply nothing.
::(:

Last edited:

KnuffleBunny

I don't do all that much in the way of interesting, however in general I believe myself to be an interesting person.

Satine

I haven't made a selection because I think 'interesting' is subjective. What is interesting to me is not necessarily to somebody else. Therefore, I think it would be up to someone else (ideally several, to show me that the opinion is repeatable) to call me interesting before I believed I was.

My interests/hobbies? Writing, the thoughts written about on Less Wrong, my counselling course, natural history, dragons, site-building, burlesque, cooking... I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.

Silatuyok

Argh. It's frustrating, because I feel like a really interesting person, but nobody in my real life freaking cares. And I don't know how to volunteer information about myself, so nobody finds out. :-/

Silatuyok

What exactly do you mean when you say:

This seems a bit contradictory. Though I can, in some way, relate to what your saying, Marie.

I'm just saying that I never speak up and tell people about the interesting things I have done or am involved in, so nobody ever thinks to ask me about any of it. Thus, it all remains a big secret.

MikeyC

I feel like a really interesting person, but nobody in my real life freaking cares.
I kind of feel the same, but I don't always feel like I'm interesting. When I do have something interesting to share, I do feel like nobody cares.

If it's any consolation, Sweet Marie, I care.

jonas89

I have to many hobbies, but I think personally that doesn't make me interesting.
I have heard people say Im worth probing in but as usual I disdain it somehow or find it hard to believe.