Would you consider yourself an interesting person?

Are you an interesting person? Have a lot of hobbies?

• I consider myself boring and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • I consider myself boring and have 5 or more hobbies

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I consider myself interesting and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • I consider myself interesting and have 5 ore more hobbies.

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters

twiggle

My friends tell me I am... they say I'm kinda quirky and not afraid to be different.
But all the whilst I'm unemployed I feel the very opposite of interesting and I think people probably don't think I'm as interesting anymore.

this_portrait

I don't have very many hobbies, but I consider myself to be an interesting person. There's a lot of crazy stuff that goes on in my head, and I think if more people knew about that, then they would be more drawn to me.

MrJones

Not at all. More like the complete opposite.

I don't even have real hobbies, if we understand hobbies as something you enjoy to do just for the sake of doing it, I just do things to waste my time, to avoid using my brain because I always end up filled with negative thoughts.

I used to have, though, but anyway I've never been interesting.

And even if I was interesting I wouldn't have the courage to show it to the world.

So: I consider myself boring and have less than 5 hobbies.

Sora

I don't know really what is interesting to someone is not interesting to someone else. For example almost everyone I know says I am boring beause I don't like similar things to them the biggest being parties!

I don't like parties for too many reasons and everyone thinks I am boring and asks why not, what's wrong with you?!

Funny how they say this though as I am NEVER bored and they them self always are! So it's an interesting topic in itself lol.

Rembrandt Broam

No I wouldn't. I have hobbies but they aren't what most people would consider interesting. Antique collecting and restoration would bore most people to tears.

But they're interesting to you, and your enthusiasm and passion for them makes them interesting to others. Therefore you are an interesting person. :)

Invisibleman

No I dont. Thats the one thing I want to change about myself,but where I live drinking yourself to oblivion and abusing sex and drugs is the norm and im not into that so theres nobody else I can associate with. Im just so dull and boring. I doubt id ever get a girlfriend, a girl would have more fun at a box museum than she would with me::(:

MaliceInWickedland

I consider myself boring and have less than 5 hobbies - Wooo~ mostly everyone else here feels the same as me. Oh wait, that's not a good thing... Sorry for comparing you guys to a useless waste of human flesh like me ::p:

But anyway, I don't have very many hobbies. Writing and photography are two things I'm very passionate about. I'm also pretty passionate about music, but honestly I'm not very musically inclined. Video games are another huge hobby of mine, but that's not something I could actually make a living out of so that doesn't really count.

MaliceInWickedland

I don't think that I'm an interesting person; my voice and posture give off this emotionless and indifferent nature. With all that being said, what person in their right mind would want to hang out with me?

Besides, the hobbies I have (manga/anime and video games) aren't so mainstream that most people could talk about it.

Sounds a lot like me. I'd sure love to hang out with you though!
All manga/anime/video games lovers UNITE! :D

razzle dazzle rose

I consider myself boring. I'm quiet, I'm not social, I don't have "mainstream" interests that appeal to the majority of people, and I don't go to parties/social gatherings/etc. I'm sure other people see me as boring too.

Yep, me too. Just the fact that I don't like clubbing or drinking makes me very boring or strange to most. Because I am single you see. Single with no kids, so I should be living it up. And instead I choose to lock myself in my bedroom. All this ties in to my social anxiety though. I am sure if I wasn't so anxious I wouldn't mind a good party. I would probably enjoy myself and not be such a bore.

I could be very interesting I am sure...if I expressed my opinions more and if I occupied my time more efficiently by doing things like working, volunteering, going out--those types of activities would give me something to talk to others about. I need to add more verbs to my life :D

Silatuyok

I am a very interesting person, but the vast majority of people I know don't know this about me because I don't talk about it.
I think anybody can be interesting, as long as they are able to express it in one way or another. I haven't come across a single person on this forum that I haven't found interesting.

I consider myself boring. I'm quiet, I'm not social, I don't have "mainstream" interests that appeal to the majority of people, and I don't go to parties/social gatherings/etc. I'm sure other people see me as boring too.

"Mainstream" interests are less interesting than non-mainstream interests. Just my opinion.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I think I'm quite dull and boring. Quiet, shy and awkward. Still single. Spend alot of time by myself. My hobbies are quite mundane.

I enjoy watching documentaries. I have a passion for music and art. Haven't done much drawing and painting in recent years, but I do still play the guitar. As well as spending most of my time reading, watching movies and listening to music. Those may seem like time wasting hobbies to some. I also like manga/anime comic books and TV shows. As well as collecting comics generally. I'm a nerd and big kid at heart, really.

Dead_on_Arrival

Depends on what you mean by interesting.

To hold a conversation with..............No
By the things I enjoy doing...............Maybe
If I were on a slab being opened
up for medical experiments...............Yes

U

userremoved

Meh, all I ever do is watch movies, play video games, read fantasy books or do school work. Cant say Im the most exciting person to be around. I'm always willing to try new things if people let me in but rarely do I end up enjoying it. The majority of the time when with someone alone they usually end up doing most of the talking since I rarely have much to say.

Silatuyok

I think I'm quite dull and boring. Quiet, shy and awkward. Still single. Spend alot of time by myself. My hobbies are quite mundane.

I enjoy watching documentaries. I have a passion for music and art. Haven't done much drawing and painting in recent years, but I do still play the guitar. As well as spending most of my time reading, watching movies and listening to music. Those may seem like time wasting hobbies to some. I also like manga/anime comic books and TV shows. As well as collecting comics generally. I'm a nerd and big kid at heart, really.

Those hobbies don't sound mundane or time-wasters at all, to me. Do you make your own art, or is your passion in art appreciation? Or both?

Silatuyok

I don't know if I am interesting or boring, but I don't find my hobbies boring. The ones I have, I am passionate about.

From what I know about you, I find you quite fascinating! We could totally talk plants over coffee sometime.

lilmutegirl

I consider myself boring, and I don't have any hobbies. I have actually been thinking about how I'd like to start up a hobby, but can't think of anything I am interested enough in to do.
There are aspects of my life that I do enjoy--like my love of crime shows, but nothing that I would consider a hobby.

MikeyC

Yep, me too. Just the fact that I don't like clubbing or drinking makes me very boring or strange to most. Because I am single you see. Single with no kids, so I should be living it up. And instead I choose to lock myself in my bedroom. All this ties in to my social anxiety though. I am sure if I wasn't so anxious I wouldn't mind a good party. I would probably enjoy myself and not be such a bore.
If your anxiety isn't too severe, you should go to a party or a club. Even if just for an hour or so, and just see how you like it. They're not exactly a hotplate for awesome conversation and interaction, but it'll give you something to remember, even if you don't fully enjoy it. :)

Like you, I'm single and have no kids or a girlfriend. I don't mind having a few drinks and going clubbing, but not very often. I'd rather just stay at home and watch a movie or listen to tunes or something. I'm 25 but I act 65. ::p:

I think anybody can be interesting, as long as they are able to express it in one way or another. I haven't come across a single person on this forum that I haven't found interesting.
Yeah, you're very right. As long as you can sound interesting to a person, then yeah, there's no problem. I know someone who doesn't do anything except work and sleep, basically, but I find her interesting because she's quirky and funny. And she's double my age! I also find you interesting, too, Marie. :)

As for myself, I think I'm interesting enough. I don't have many hobbies, but I don't think I'm boring in the eyes of others. But who knows, really?