Would you consider yourself an interesting person?

Are you an interesting person? Have a lot of hobbies?

• I consider myself boring and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 59 50.0%
  • I consider myself boring and have 5 or more hobbies

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • I consider myself interesting and have less than 5 hobbies

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • I consider myself interesting and have 5 ore more hobbies.

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters

Hastings & Main

When I tell people what I'm into, they always say I'm interesting.
Unfortunately, people who say that most of the time aren't into these things themselves (mostly watching sitcoms & sports), so we never get to be friends or anything.
The people who ARE into the same things are usually just like me: too afraid to commit themselves to freaks like us who are all into the same things!

Is there a term for when loved ones call you names but in a jokey yet insightful way, not meant to harm? Anyways, I get that quite a bit. Even from my friend since high school who wooed his then-gf/now-wife-of-20yrs with a bizarre poem that had a photo from the infamous scene from "Zombie Holocaust" attached to it.

no, i'm not interesting. i've sheltered myself from the world for most of my life. i'm not passionate about anything. then again, i know i'm too self-critical. i'm afraid of messing up / looking bad at anything i try. (silly, i know. but it's true.)

You look after kitties? That's interesting, I bet there's more :)

Bustn Justin

As long as the hobby gives you something to do and makes you happy then its not a time waster.

As for myself I do not have any hobbies since I was always working or at school so hobbies never fit in. Now I have more free time and now figuring out what interests me and how i can put it to use to socialize with others.

I guess I am wanting to ask is how does someone begin thier search to find what interests them?

Kiwong

Shift

My hobbies are interesting. The things I make are interesting. But I'm a boring person to hang out with :(

Dr. Doom

I don't think my hobbies are boring, but I can see where a lot other people can. My hobbies are comics, video games, collecting sunglasses/eye glasses and collecting pocket knives.

I mean, people can go on and on about cool hunting stories, or basketball games, tricks done on skate boards, snowboarding. People think that stuff is interesting and so do I to an extent. Not a lot of people get excited about how Galactus opened up a black hole sent three cosmic elders to a mystical realm and then absorbed the other five, then met with enternity the embodiment of all that is....I drool over that stuff.

I'm not sure if collecting is a hobby, but I've been into sunglasses a while now and I've just recently gotten into collecting more eyeglasses(I have a prescription so it's not like they are fakes like you see kids at the mall wear). Pocket knives are real money wasters but they are very interesting objects. I like the mechanics of a pocket knife and it is fun to cut stuff open for people who are struggling ripping/tearing somthing apart.

Eh, I don't know if they are hobbies, escapes or time wasters :/

WeirdyMcGee

I find that people find me interesting at first because I've had such a uhh... rough life, I guess?
My story is sad to people who've had very little happen to them and it sounds interesting- like a dramatic movie or something.

To me; it's just normal, every day life and I can't escape it.
I've no idea what it's like for 'normal' people.
haha

do I think I am an interesting person?
That would probably mean that I like some aspects of myself, right?
Then no. Not really.

corvax

Hm, I don't know. I keep myself perfectly entertained and enjoy my few interests immensely, but I always feel kind of boring when people ask me what I like to do. I don't really like to do that much. I read constantly about my interests (everything and anything under psychology and linguistics), I surf the internet when I'm bored, and I play video games from time to time.

I think whether I come off as boring to other people depends on who we're talking about. Older people and teachers tend to like me a lot and find me engaging. People my age? I think I come off as a boring stick-in-the-mud. I don't party, I don't watch TV, I don't care about sex or dating, and pop culture passes me by. People are always shocked to hear I've gotten drunk before because apparently I seem too prudish and straight-edge to ever do that or something.

upndwn

Most people would find my interests and hobbies strange and geeky. I'm into all kind of geeky stuff like roleplaying games, miniature painting and geek culture. I also play Airsoft. I do have other hobbies like hanging out with friends and going out on the town.

People within my subculture would probably find me interesting, but I think most people find my interests strange and uninteresting.

I don't really have a passion for anything. Passionless people are usually considered boring.
So no, I am as boring as they come.

Acegame

Define interesting. Some people might think so and some might not. Question of taste i guess. But right now im not someone people like to be around and have fun with, thats for sure. Allthough that is probably caused by social anxiety, which makes me a withdrawn person who avoids and doesnt take allot of initiative. This way i dont show people who i really am. I didnt used to be this way before and back then i had quite a few friends, but now i havent got any anymore. So i guess in potential i might be but now im definatly not.

Nala

I consider myself boring. I'm quiet, I'm not social, I don't have "mainstream" interests that appeal to the majority of people, and I don't go to parties/social gatherings/etc. I'm sure other people see me as boring too.

DeadmanWalking

I don't think that I'm an interesting person; my voice and posture give off this emotionless and indifferent nature. With all that being said, what person in their right mind would want to hang out with me?

Besides, the hobbies I have (manga/anime and video games) aren't so mainstream that most people could talk about it.

¯\(º_o)/¯

I am a fairly boring person, one or the biggest things im trying to change about myself

I have a few hobbies, but nothing spectacular lol