willing to date a girl with HH(palm sweating)?

petalsfalling

my close friend and i both have HH although her condition is more severe than mine. she's been upset lately because she doesn't think she'll ever be able to find a guy who's able to overlook her condition. i have somewhat mild HH led on by SA and really empathize with her. i wonder if anyone can provide some insight into whether guys would truly and honestly be turned off by girls with sweaty hands? even if the guy has HH himself?

Thelema

Nobody would care about the sweating, but they may have a problem with a girl that's overly self conscious.

Section_31

Id be fine with it and i dont have HH.

Maybe being with her will give her the confidence she needs to be less self conscious?

bcsr

my close friend and i both have HH although her condition is more severe than mine. she's been upset lately because she doesn't think she'll ever be able to find a guy who's able to overlook her condition. i have somewhat mild HH led on by SA and really empathize with her. i wonder if anyone can provide some insight into whether guys would truly and honestly be turned off by girls with sweaty hands? even if the guy has HH himself?

I would have zero issues with this, and I don't have HH.

Sprawling

Some people do have an issue with our sweaty hands. I've had woman who pulled away and others who it didn't bother. I guess it all depends on the person we meet. That's ok, everyone has their own personal preferences in a person, whether that be looks, body type, or hand sweating. That being said, there are plenty of people ou there that are extremely accepting. The key is to keep on keeping on.

O'Killian

I can see where HH would be an impediment to casual dating or whatever, but I personally wouldn't consider it a dealbreaker at a first meeting. Since (as far as I understand) it's a completely uncontrollable body issue, I'd think anyone who actually felt a deeper connection would understand.

As was said previously, I think being too self conscious about it is worse than the condition itself.

Newtype

I wouldn't mind. I don't have HH, but I do have a problem with sweaty palms when there's a combination of warm weather and stress, and they get really sweaty. Wiping them doesn't do anything. A trick I found is air conditioning. After your first sweat of the day, put your palms in front of it until they dry up and your palms won't be sweaty for the rest of the day. Works great when you're in a car and you're going somewhere.

anxiety1408

I could not care less if a girl had sweaty hands, thats not even a consideration when looking for a girl (for me). I would be willing to date a girl with sweaty hands lol it sounds funny to say cos its really not a big deal :)

ukchick

I've been married for 20 years and I found the more I got along with my husband when dating him my sweating slightly reduced anyway as I relaxed more around him. My sweating has never bothered him so I felt less self conscience and relaxed.Good luck.

MikeyC

I think that's something that can be easily overlooked. I have sweaty palms a lot (not to the level of hyperhydrosis, though), so I can still sympathise.

Lestat88

My situation looks very similar to your friend's.
I suffer from palmar HH, and personally, I wouldn't have any problems dating a girl with HH.
Finding someone who can accept and understand me as I am can be very difficult, but I believe (and hope) there are girls out there who can go beyond appearances.
Let your friend know that she's not alone.

Jezza

It wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, other than the fact that I have HH myself I think it wouldn't be a great idea to have a long term relationship/kids with a girl with HH.

That said, I think many people who don't have HH don't really understand how it affects physical contact. It's not just that the hands are sweaty (let's just say wet), it's also that they're usually somewhat uncomfortably cold to the touch. In case you have more generalised HH that doesn't just go for hands but other areas of your body as well.

This is one condition that is particularly hard to really understand for the unafflicted partly because they think they CAN understand it because everyone has the odd pit stain or sweaty palm when very nervous but HH is an entirely different experience.

Feeling_Nothing

To be really honest? I have no HH but I would have no problem to overlook it at all. People who do make a problem of it, are not worth your attention imo.

Section_31

^ agreed.

This is like saying someone wouldnt date me because i wear glasses, or because i have a few bad scars on my right hand or somthing.

Someone who makes an issue of this isnt worth it. They arent that special and you arent that desperate.

O'Killian

That said, I think many people who don't have HH don't really understand how it affects physical contact. It's not just that the hands are sweaty (let's just say wet), it's also that they're usually somewhat uncomfortably cold to the touch. In case you have more generalised HH that doesn't just go for hands but other areas of your body as well.

This is one condition that is particularly hard to really understand for the unafflicted partly because they think they CAN understand it because everyone has the odd pit stain or sweaty palm when very nervous but HH is an entirely different experience.

I admit my ignorance (all I did before posting was scan Wikipedia, heh) and I appreciate you sharing that information. It doesn't really change my view, though. Like The Lone Gunman said, it's not something that can really be helped. I can see where it'll affect first encounters, but as I said, if there's a deeper connection people should be able to get past it. If they can't, well, they've probably got their own problems.

Waybuloo

My friend in high school had loads of bfs, or guys she went out with, even though she had noticeable HH on her palms. She was dead approachable though and the type that guys seem to go for, even though to the rest of us it was quite a surprise.

Waybuloo

Do I have HH if I get sweaty easily just by going out, walking to the shops, shopping for food? I don't usually sweat at home. I also sweat when I'm nervous but I never smell. I will get sweaty underarms and behind the knees. The worst seem to be on my chest and back. Actually, my sweating never bothered me, it just came to my attention that maybe it's abnormal. The slightest temperature change for the warmer will get me sweaty and bothered.