Will having more friends make you happy?

Diend

… If you can equate your happiness with more friends you will always not be satisfied

Flanscho

Depends. I have a bunch of friends in this city, some of them very close friends, so no: I don't need more. I wouldn't mind having more, but tending friendship requites commitment and time, and I have no excess of either. So I'm content with getting to know my friends better over time.

Being 'happy', or at least thinking you need to be happy all or most of the time, is an invention of advertisers to make us buy more stuff. Instead, be realistic and work at being content, satisfied, somewhere between happy and unhappy

will make you somewhat happier but mainly just kills time more effectively and makes you less lonely. Not on the same scale as a relationship that's for sure.

Marc7

I think it will but if you don't love yourself first then it won't

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Personally i think its the quality of the friendships that matters, if i only had 1 good, true friend as opposed to 10 i'd definitely choose the one true friend...

Capsaicin

Don't search for more if you're given a spoonful of caviar while starving... quality over quantity! Yeah!

laure15

I don't think so. I used to have so-called friends who didn't really like me anyway. I wasn't happy with them, in fact I think they were a bad influence on me. When I moved away, I didn't make many friends at my new school but I was a little happier even though I'm a loner. But lunch time was the worst part; I dread sitting alone.

FriendlyShadow

… If you can equate your happiness with more friends you will always not be satisfied

Actually not that much. Sure they can make me feel better(if they can)for some time, but still I don't think they'd ever understand how I ended up in my mess the way I did. It'd be depressing.

FriendlyShadow

I don't think so. I used to have so-called friends who didn't really like me anyway. I wasn't happy with them, in fact I think they were a bad influence on me. When I moved away, I didn't make many friends at my new school but I was a little happier even though I'm a loner. But lunch time was the worst part; I dread sitting alone.

I hate people like that. They try to pretend and act like they want to be friends and turn around to be your enemies. They're such phonies:veryangry: