Will A Woman Ever Ask ME Out?

Odo

Banned
I remember reading somewhere that women are the ones who send out the signals that kick off the whole dating process.

Men are expected to approach and 'take action', but I think in a normal situation the woman starts the whole thing rolling by sort of saying 'approach me' in some way... this goes for pretty much every step of the relationship as far as I can tell.

I think the days of pestering someone until they marry you and the whole 'persistence pays off' thing that you hear about in the old movies and TV shows are long gone... that's probably just going to get you labeled a stalker or creep. There are some people who can succeed with certain social strategies but I think if you don't want to play games then you sort of just have to be on the lookout for that kind of signal.

Last edited:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I remember reading somewhere that women are the ones who send out the signals that kick off the whole dating process.

Men are expected to approach and 'take action', but I think in a normal situation the woman starts the whole thing rolling by sort of saying 'approach me' in some way...
Yes. Now well-documented in research.

Kiwong

Used to be the only way I could get a date was to ask myself, was rejected so many times by ****s so beneath me. Now that I'm better looking I get to turn them down and it's awesome.

But for the record I bet I've asked out guys at least a dozen times, so it does happen.

I don't think having to turn someone down is awesome at all. Rejection hurts,I realise that from my own experience, and I really wouldn't want to inflict that hurt on anyone else.

vickiekitties

I don't think having to turn someone down is awesome at all. Rejection hurts,I realise that from my own experience, and I really wouldn't want to inflict that hurt on anyone else.

For the record, I'm not referring to sensitive, deep introverts. I'm referring to the slovenly janitor trying to persuade me by describing his genitals; creeps that beg for naked pictures in your first text conversation and the like. Very few of these guys are worth a second thought.

Kiwong

For the record, I'm not referring to sensitive, deep introverts. I'm referring to the slovenly janitor trying to persuade me by describing his genitals; creeps that beg for naked pictures in your first text conversation and the like. Very few of these guys are worth a second thought.

Well, yes, those sort of men are worth reporting for sexual harassment.

greykitty

See this is what I mean when I say I don't want to seem like a desperate girl when I text too much or say to much to a guy that's being withdrawn. But if I don't say anything, he's not gonna know I really like him or think that I don't because I won't be doing enough.

I have no issues with being more forward with a guy I like but where's that fine line that I should be aware of?

Kiwong

^ or Bowerbirds with blue straws and bottle top lids! I once saw a Sea gull with stumps for legs, happily feeding. I called him Jonathan Livingstone legless seagull.

SonicMan

I very much doubt it. I've been waiting for a girl to ask me out my whole life. Never had any interest at all. I get the feeling I need to make the first move or I'll never meet my partner.

theoutsider

Before marrying I was pretty successful with dating women (not to come off as bragging about it because I'm not, many guys date a lot of women). I can say that had I waited for one to initiate going out, I probably would have had 1, maybe 2 dates my entire life. And none would have been with women I was attracted to. I suppose it could happen (women asking you out) but, man, you can really miss out on some great opportunities if you just wait around.

Last edited:

yC1590

Man, I wish women would initiate the convos more but it just simply does not happen most of the time. I've only had it happen like 2 or 3 times in my whole life.

thegunners21

You have a better chance of getting struck by lightning than a woman approaching you.

43142402.jpg