Why did you join Social Phobia World?

luiface

I joined because I was feeling down, my self esteem was dropping and I was losing confidence. This forum has helped me a lot by reading other's posts and asking for advice.

SleepAllDay

I joined because I'm really lonely and I want to talk to people who are experiencing social anxiety and related problems.

laure15

I joined SPW because at first, I thought I was a freak and I wanted to know if there are people out there like me. I also didn't know what was wrong with me; it wasn't until I joined that I learned about sp, agoraphobia, avpd, etc. Plus, having people to relate to makes me feel good.

truffleshuffle

I joined because I was tired of talking to my self and to meet people who had atleast some of the same issues I do. Has not totally worked I am still basicly stuck talking to me self but At the very least there are others with some of the same problmes I have.

Last edited:

A Many Splendored Thing

I joined to ask for input on my condition before I bothered to ask for help.

I stay because I'm looking for an answer. To help and be helped.
Right at this moment, I have no idea why I joined SPW. Maybe I should leave.
You obviously joined to give the gift of you to the people of this forum!:applause:

MikeyC

I joined for the free food and beer, but they were conveniently all out when I signed up. So now I've just sort of stuck around. Like a barnacle.

aNOTfox

To see how the social anxiety affected others, feel part of a community, get peoples opinions on things that have been said to me and try to help others going through the same thing.

Hoppy

To be rather honest I joined thinking I would meet some people here, not realizing that my problems extent into cyberspace.

Section_31

because, i feel connected to everyone here. we (mostly) "get" eachother. if someone was too nervous to meet me from here i wouldnt take it personally, id understand completely. and probably vice versa.

Cant find that in the real world.

Also because im becomming increasingly distasteful towards non-SA ppl :p. coming here helped me lose some bitterness.