Why did you join Social Phobia World?

OCDd

i was loosing confidence too, and my self esteem was lowering. and i wanted to ask some questions, and also to be with people who have similar problems. its made me realize and think about alot of things.

psych

I had coasted for a while. Through the aid of supplements, vitamins, & adaptogens... Got probably too comfortable... Then, I had a really bad afternoon, when I tried to go rollerblading. I told myself I could take less than usual, as it was a day off... Then, I had quite a lot of trouble getting out of my car. Took even more effort just to get gas that day. I went home feeling defeated...
Googled SAD... wandered in here somehow. Made an account.

JuiceB

I was seeking answers and wondered if I was alone in this. Still lonely but at least I'm not alone.

I joined because I was tired of talking to my self and to meet people who had atleast some of the same issues I do. Has not totally worked I am still basicly stuck talking to me self but At the very least there are others with some of the same problmes I have.
Yep.

jaim38

I joined because I was tired of talking to my self and to meet people who had atleast some of the same issues I do. Has not totally worked I am still basicly stuck talking to me self but At the very least there are others with some of the same problmes I have.

Me too. Before SPW, I would talk to myself/the air in my room alone, but it was frustrating because there was nobody to relay any feedback. And I started imagining that there were entities/spirits in the room listening to me. After I joined SPW, I felt a sense of relief.

MikeyC

Me too. Before SPW, I would talk to myself/the air in my room alone, but it was frustrating because there was nobody to relay any feedback. And I started imagining that there were entities/spirits in the room listening to me. After I joined SPW, I felt a sense of relief.
I am an entity...although on the Internet, nobody knows that. :eek:

Isolated_Writer

because i cannot talk to other people about my s.a. they do not take me seriously. They say its a phase or i'm being dramatic. They have no idea.

crazycatlady27

i joined because i need to know how to cope with this, and what i can do to make my life a little easier and to find out how other people cope. and to also to know that i not some fruit cake my in laws think i am lol

Because from the moment I woke up in the morning my heart was beating 140bpm, I was terrified constantly. A 5 min walk to the shop took 2 days to plan and I physically could not leave my house somedays regardless of planning. I used to sit on the stairs in my coat all dressed to go out, bag on shoulder, keys in hand....and then I couldn't do it, I couldn't go.

I was desperate to talk to somebody who would understand. I googled, found spw.

crazycatlady27

wow that is one hell of a reason, i am with you there i couldent leave the house for days.
i hope you are getting better xxx

People were pressuring me back into therapy and I needed a second opinion on the matter. I just never left.. the cookies here are too nice.