Why are you depressed at the moment?

NamelessOne

What's been depressing me is how horrible of a friend I have been to others and not even realising what it is that I have done to cause one harm. It's been causing me to lose close friends lately, and I know nothing in which I could possibly do about it.

akala

Not having a job, dropping out of college (but re-entering next semester)
but still... I feel behind in life compared to other people my age
and losing all the friends i used to have
sometimes being stuck in the house against my will (SP)

Lamb

This might sound trivial in comparison to others, but sometimes it's the little things that get us down right?

It's suppose to snow here tomorrow and I'm wishing I had others to play in the snow with. I'm old enough to be considered an adult but still consider myself damn young. I miss the snowball fights, creating a snowman, making snow angels.

odetoanoddity

Right now I'm depressed because I found some old childhood friends on Facebook today, and it completely brought me down... Seeing them all grown up, popular, good looking and having something that I don't have right now: A LIFE. I have crippling SA which has made me push my friends away, keep to myself in the confines of my own house and thinking about the future has me very anxious and sad... because I always expect the worst is coming for me.

Thing is, it's this kind of lifestyle that is going to keep me confined to this circular rut of a life - if I got myself out of it, things would be different.

Easier said than done though :(

Kristopher

although my life is not great, due to the fact i have no job barley any friends, and i isolate 90% of the time, I truly believe my depression is not circumstantial. Im just not happy because my brain does not produce enough dopamine. Depression is who i am.

MikeyC

This might sound trivial in comparison to others, but sometimes it's the little things that get us down right?
Occasionally, it's the smallest, trivial matters that affect us the most. Then we hate ourselves for hating the smaller, trivial matters, and thus the cycle perpetuates.

jaim38

I forgot to post here yesterday. I was feeling down and just horrible, though it's much better today. I still haven't heard back from my teacher. I don't know if I'm being ignored; I'm hoping she did contact tech support and is in the process of figuring out what the problem is. I know 1 bad grade isn't going to kill me but I'm scared that what if I submit another assignment and she gives me another 0 because she couldn't see my submission? I can afford 1 0, not a whole bunch. Gosh, this is the first time something like this has happened to me. Thank God this is my last year in school. But I still have faith and hope that it will all go well. Peace. Amen.

PS: I do feel the urge to call my teacher a b****. I feel so bad about this. But I'm going to put my trust in people just for once and see how it goes.

GhoulsNightOut

Well I can’t believe I’m even thinking this but…I think I regret quitting that job! It’s been almost a year now that I’m still jobless, still brokeass, and not going anywhere with my life. I mean I can finally stop beating myself up over chickening out on applying but still, it’s depressing I never got a single call for an interview. Do I dare ask for my old job back? I had quit as a way of giving those grannies the middle finger for dumping all the work on me and treating me like a dog. I’m getting desperate for a job right now…two jobs actually to move out. Everything that I want/need to do requires money. Even those SA meetups require a bit of spending. *sigh Nothing else I can do but to keep applying….

The past 30 years have been a complete and utter waste. I am a nobody nothing going nowhere fast. I am loser who will never be touched by a woman or have a job above minimum wage. :(

akala

I'm always angry at myself when I don't wake up on time. I slept in for the past few weeks... But not like I have anything important to do, but I stillike to see the sunrise.

I hope i dont offend any1 here. I AM ****ING HATING LIFE RIGHT NOW!! I really want 2 badly hurt sum of these no-good trashy ghetto-looking sluts & muther****ers the whole day 2day & maybe 2morrow too (btw, never gotten in a real official fight b4). Wuz just having a good first class session at community college and people were smirking and being as if never taught manners. Im not usually like this everyday. its just dat, when i have bad emotional times, (if u know what i mean) I go all the way. Also, whenever im havin a bad day i start having suicidal thoughts and become misanthropy. I like 2 get feedbacks (hopefully pos. ones). Dis iz basically my mentality when been overwhelmed.

ImNotMyIllness

I hope i dont offend any1 here. I AM ****ING HATING LIFE RIGHT NOW!! I really want 2 badly hurt sum of these no-good trashy ghetto-looking sluts & muther****ers the whole day 2day & maybe 2morrow too (btw, never gotten in a real official fight b4). Wuz just having a good first class session at community college and people were smirking and being as if never taught manners. Im not usually like this everyday. its just dat, when i have bad emotional times, (if u know what i mean) I go all the way. Also, whenever im havin a bad day i start having suicidal thoughts and become misanthropy. I like 2 get feedbacks (hopefully pos. ones). Dis iz basically my mentality when been overwhelmed.

Violence is never the answer. And, most likely you're being paranoid. Just focus on getting good grades.
I know it's hard when you feel like everyone is laughing at you. But, that's your anxiety talking. Try to take a few deep breathes and just relax.

Hang in there!

Violence is never the answer. And, most likely you're being paranoid. Just focus on getting good grades.
I know it's hard when you feel like everyone is laughing at you. But, that's your anxiety talking. Try to take a few deep breathes and just relax.

Hang in there!

Well thx for da advice. Paranoia doesn't run in my family...

sullyS25

I'm living in Spain until June and my girlfriend is in California. It's easy to get in that lonely depressed place and long distance relationships for me involve all my insecurities coming out and has resulted in me not sleeping well, ever and being tired and sick as I am vulnerable to viruses when I dont get much sleep.

I dont try and wallow in this though as it makes it much worse. I am trying my best to ACCEPT that Im feeling that way right now

I just want the mental pain to end.
30 years is a long time.
I just want. it. to. end.

The only way left to end the pain is to cease to exist. What that would do to 2 family members is preventing me from being able to end it.

I am depressed because I am trapped in a life of daily pain.:thumbdown: