Why are you depressed at the moment?

pop-princess

- I don't even have to have my phone with me anymore because nobody ever calls or texts me. I have 3 people that I talk to in my life. My mum, my dad and one friend.
- The fact that I at age 21 haven't accomplished anything.
- I haven't got a job.
- I hate my looks.

The usual stuff :(

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Because ma family seem tae think they know what's best for me, and treat me like am an idiot - ah think it's because of ma physicial disability. There seem tae be an assumption that am mentally incapable as well. Or at least, that's how am made tae feel most of time. :kickingmyself: But ah say nothing because... who wants tae hear the truth o' the situation, anyway? Naebody!

Too depressin' innit? Huvin' tae adapt tae ma situation early, being disabled from birth. It's even hard tae accept that...

But then what would ah know? Ah can''t even make ma own decisions for myself. Family seem tae know best, as always. But then am always told am wrong when ah say "No" to something, or ah need a justified answer if ah refuse something. Or am usually wrong the second ah open ma mouth.

So ah just agree regardless... go along with it. Who am I tae disagree? Knowin' when tae keep yer mouth shut tends tae help, when yer outnumbered 2 to 1 in disagreement. Frustrating tae say the least. But then ah've never been the assertive, confident type. :idontknow:

Anyway, enough rantin' fae me.

Srijita52

Because ma family seem tae think they know what's best for me, and treat me like am an idiot - ah think it's because of ma physicial disability. There seem tae be an assumption that am mentally incapable as well. Or at least, that's how am made tae feel most of time. :kickingmyself: But ah say nothing because... who wants tae hear the truth o' the situation, anyway? Naebody!

Too depressin' innit? Huvin' tae adapt tae ma situation early, being disabled from birth. It's even hard tae accept that...

But then what would ah know? Ah can''t even make ma own decisions for myself. Family seem tae know best, as always. But then am always told am wrong when ah say "No" to something, or ah need a justified answer if ah refuse something. Or am usually wrong the second ah open ma mouth.

So ah just agree regardless... go along with it. Who am I tae disagree? Knowin' when tae keep yer mouth shut tends tae help, when yer outnumbered 2 to 1 in disagreement. Frustrating tae say the least. But then ah've never been the assertive, confident type. :idontknow:

I wish I could do something to make you feel better Graeme. ((hugs))

montejocarlo

just don't let other people make you lose your faith in yourself. you deserve so much more than that. keep your head up Graeme1988

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I wish I could do something to make you feel better Graeme. ((hugs))

Thanks, ah guess...

just don't let other people make you lose your faith in yourself. you deserve so much more than that. keep your head up Graeme1988

Ah haven't lost faith in myself. Ah just feel like givin' up. Mainly because ah can't say "No" without seemin' ungrateful. And it seems ah've always got tae just go along with anythin' that suggested to me without question.

Ah know... pathetic, passive, indifferent. Oh, my distorted smile will tighten it's grip. But then, that what happens when ye just force yerself intae something yer comfortable doing nor want tae do really. But if it's for ma own good, who am ah tae question or disagree? :idontknow:

Because able-bodied folk know what best for the disabled, don't they? Cannae get anymair condesendin' than that, can ye? Don't take that generalisation tae heart now. Am just tryin' tae explain ma current frustration. The fact ah huv tae now "promise" someone ah'll do something... Gee, shows how f**kin' mature some adult are toward the disabled when ye still treat them like their wee kids, like yer askin' a 8 year old to something!

Sorry, just ventin' aw the thoughts ah dinnae say aloud fur obvious reasons.

Uninvited

1) no prospects for future, helplessness
2) being exploited at work
3) ridiculous salary
4) loneliness
5) sympathy for other suffering people
6) overwhelming fear
7) lack of self-confidence
8) the feeling that nothing will ever change

BlueWeepingRose

I'm going through lots of life changes and challenges right now. There's times where I feel like I'm losing myself. Lots of things has been getting to me lately. Recently I've been keeping my inner thoughts inside unless I'm on the forum. Don't feel as if I can be honest with anyone at the moment cause lately things have been used against me to hurt me in some way. Everything inside feels as it's toppling over and progressively getting worse. Really hope things settle down for me sometime soon.

fate12321

the girl i dint like i like now i had my chance with her but i was so insecure of my self i let the opportunity slip by, now i regret doing that and wonder what could have been...

LoyalXenite

Because my partner is away and i dont know when she will come home or when i will see her next. Because i have so much cleaning and uni work to do and i am so tired and dont have it in me.

mikebird

Banned
Is it the global economic crisis that has led you to feel bad about your situation?

I never thought of it as the culprit of my unhappiness

I've wondered about my abilities and what I can do for employers, and ignored anything on a grand scale. The figures for employment and profit per year is far too much of a big zoom out per country, as millions get and others lose jobs...

It's a very personal matter. The cycle of sales, profit, turnover, competition from business is significant I've always hated the theory of flocking to companies, who exclude anyone who wants to join and be part of it but the man right at the top won't accept anyone who's exactly like him or his subordinates.

Individuality is important. I feel rejected for strange reasons. Hierarchy is dismal.

Customers lose. Staff win
Or customers get money to spend if they're employed by another company
Corporative and national competition

I wonder how the planet will change from my birthdate to when I die in about 50 years. I'll feel lucky if we can witness the overall changes - if nothing changes.. or gets worse, or better

cobalt_bluester

I am very very depressed as my depression is quite severe and will not go away choose what I do. I am overwhelmed with personal problems and big worries. Life for me is not good at all, and I so wish it was better but I am powerless to change it. I feel like I am living in Hell!

Srijita52

I am very very depressed as my depression is quite severe and will not go away choose what I do. I am overwhelmed with personal problems and big worries. Life for me is not good at all, and I so wish it was better but I am powerless to change it. I feel like I am living in Hell!
That's really awful, my inbox is always open if you ever feel the need to talk.

I don't have much friends to see, have not seen a friend in 3 months or so. how awful. and afraid to ask them again, they are probably forgetting about me. and I am struggling with my gender identity, Am afraid to be myself, because if I would transition to a guy people would maybe disgust me, so maybe I should stay a woman, at least my singing voice means a lot to me, would it be still good as a male voice?? Yeah my worry is very complex. Should I stay a woman or become a guy, kind a thing.

And I feel so socially incapable of making small talk, I HATE my silences, I HATE the way I come across, I want to be a good speaker, be great in it and make friends!

I hope in September ( I dropped out at school ) That people LOVE talking to me, when I start school. But I doubt it, I will end up sitting alone ALL TIME and feel AWFUL.

And I'm depressed because I think about death a lot, I hate dying, but yet life is HELL for me.

But there are things that made me happier throughout this time. Like my relationship, but I don't have friends so that kills me.

Last edited:
- I don't even have to have my phone with me anymore because nobody ever calls or texts me. I have 3 people that I talk to in my life. My mum, my dad and one friend.
- The fact that I at age 21 haven't accomplished anything.
- I haven't got a job.
- I hate my looks.

The usual stuff :(

I feel the same, I'm turning 21 and I feel stupid still don't have a diploma, dropped out at high school, home everyday :crying:

The feeling of not having much people to talk to is sad indeed, feel the same, so many people are popular and great at small talks..Wish I could be like them!

And i never had a job.. and HATE my looks

I can totally relate to your post pop-princess, totally not alone on what you said

JMiller

A girls got me down in the dumps a bit at the moment. But it's only when I'm alone to think about her and the drama.