What kinds of people make you most anxious?

neko

People that look great and confidant, well spoken, write well, people around my age (as I compare myself to them all the time), anyone I don't know well (including my fiancé's family - which makes things hard for me at times), crowds or being around or in front of a group, successful and authority people.

billy

1. Attractive girls
2. authority figures
3. aggressive people
4.i once met a friends friend who was so like socially out there and funny(kind of guy who could get along with anyone. Everytime he sees me he always says hi.Nice outgoing guy(these people scare me lol)
5.people around my age.

gudboy20

Hi, it's my first post...been lurking a while. Who makes me nervous?

1. attractive people of the opposite sex (always)
2. People I perceive as being better looking/more confident/more successful than I am
3. Authority figures
4. Well-dressed and well-spoken people

ps...I'm a professional myself and deal with these kinds of people on a regular basis...I probably come across similar to the same type of people I generally am afraid of. weird, huh?
i feel exactly the same.

NothingElseMatters

I get anxious around lots of types of people but the one type that i feel most anxious when i am around are confident outgoing friendly guys who have a lot of experiences and stories to share!I know a few guys who are like this in my life and i admire them for what they are because they have a nice character too.But when i am around them i am reminded that i have lost a lot of experiences and time in my life and although i am doing my best now i have missed some precious time!

sesh

Banned
Ok i'm sorry if this sounds a little bad taste but i feel edgy around gypsies and black people.
I'm scared i'd give a black guy a dodgy look and i'll end up being stabbed.

Anubis

Ok i'm sorry if this sounds a little bad taste but i feel edgy around gypsies and black people.
I'm scared i'd give a black guy a dodgy look and i'll end up being stabbed.

I feel the same way, but only if that black person dresses and walks like a thug (big shirt that reaches his knees, thug-like jewelery, accessories, and tattoos etc). In my eyes, if you dress like you're in a gang, then expect to be treated like you're actually in a gang.

Other than that though, I feel safe around black people.

iamthenra

Attractive single women make me the most anxious out of any group of people.

Kids and older or unattractive people make me feel more calm, and I can talk to them without SA or very little SA...

To me, it mainly being around guys. I don't have a lot of trust with guys (sorry fellas) but its true. I panic especially when I'm around one by myself. Very irritating.

Wow!...it sounds like you had a bad experience with a guy which completely destroyed your trust in the opposite sex...a lot of guys out there can be detrimental to a woman's level of trust in men...however, I just wanted to say I found your statement interesting...and worth responding to.

------
"That if you confess with
your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and
believe in your heart that God
raised him from the dead, you will be
saved."

Ren Koutaisou

I freeze up around attractive young ladies. I feel uncomfortable passing or being in visual range of groups of young people.

Individual people don't make me nervous unless they look suspicious. But most of the time, I think I'm the one who looks suspicious.

Sinar_Matahari

For me, weirdly, it's people my own age or slightly younger, with exceptions. I feel like I can talk to older people who are like in their twenties much better as I don't feel as boring around them. I'm also completely anxiety-free around children as I can just release my inner child and not worry about what they think of me as they're so non-judgemental.

I feel most anxious around authority figures, women, people who are really smart and accomplished and often times, housewives.

AlleyCat

Racists, bigots, and judgmental people.

Same here.

Also really negative people or people with a bad attitude that enjoy confrontation. I try to avoid that as much as possible. I get extremely anxious and edgy if people are fighting or arguing with one another.

mikestar

Banned
erm gangs of all ages,mouthy workmen and people my own age

kind of confident around kids and middle aged women, but we must not talk to kids now cos we might be a paedophile,get a fkin grip society.

LeeAnne

the ones who blab constantly about everyone being screwed up. Of course they're perfect.

Dsm IV labeling pricks who try to use labels against you the moment you point what a prick they are, or how they should be really more responsible for their behavior. How dare you make sense. You are not supposed to. You're bipolar.

That's just what I am adding to my list. Usually they congregate with other idiots and the people I most often choose to be close to, aren't like that.

2Crowded

Profesional types...or extremely chatty persons...I also imagine a flirtatious woman would make me freak out too....basicly anyone who i get a sense that they are above me.....or more accomplished..or important.