what is so attractive about felons?

Danfalc

Banned
This isn't to say that there aren't decent human being in the penitentiaries, but I can assure you that they don't get by/survive prison by being decent human beings.

Yeah,all I was trying to say was it's just not as black and white as some people make it out to be :).

My best mate is in prison at the moment and all he's doing is getting an education and bulking up in the gym,oh he's also detoxed off Methadone (a substitute for heroin).Maybe different here in the UK *shrugs* But being in prison has helped him sort his life out.

I totally respect your view point,and I'm not saying people shouldn't be cautious around people with a history of crime,after all I would not hire a sex offender to work around kids.

It's just this closed minded attitude that some people seem to have which annoys me.I mean I have a criminal record and Tattoo's so I wonder if people would think I was scum too..it's very easy to judge when you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes.

Last edited:

Pookah

It depends on what he did. The problem is what they did may have been done specifically without care for the welfare of another person and what is to say they will care about you? Not for me really.

Agree with coyote, why do you want those hot girls so bad? Maybe you are ignoring a cross section of women by fixating on felon's girlfriends.

Uber Schnitzel

There are plenty of "hot girls" out there who aren't into jailed men. Besides "hotness" in on itself isn't enough - who's to say what these girls are really like?
Besides, it doesn't matter if "hot girls" are attracted to felons - I'd much rather be me.

AGR

Second time a guy goes to jail,just take out his ability to make sons :D I am all for it,then he can date who ever he wishes,it will not affect me.

AGR

It depends on what he did. The problem is what they did may have been done specifically without care for the welfare of another person and what is to say they will care about you? Not for me really.

Agree with coyote, why do you want those hot girls so bad? Maybe you are ignoring a cross section of women by fixating on felon's girlfriends.

I agree aswell,I would not want to date or be interested in this kind of women.

AGR

I totally respect your view point,and I'm not saying people shouldn't be cautious around people with a history of crime,after all I would not hire a sex offender to work around kids.

It's just this closed minded attitude that some people seem to have which annoys me.I mean I have a criminal record and Tattoo's so I wonder if people would think I was scum too..it's very easy to judge when you haven't walked a mile in someone's shoes.

Well he went to prison,good people they arent,unless its really minor stuff,I have met a couple people who went too,one of them was and is the biggest mother****er I have ever met,no way I would ever trust him.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I see so many felons get hot girls and many friends. What is up? The nice guys arel onely and were safer.

Say whatever you want, when you look outside, all those thiefs and jackasses got girlfriends and friends waiting in line. The nicer guys have a much harder time getting some one he loves. But when he has a catch, chances are bigger for a good relationship then a fellon with his 'girlfriend'.

Guys... No offense, but are you sure you aren't watching too much TV? That's something I'd expect to see in a movie not in reality.

Second, not all guys who ended up in jail are jackasses, gorillas, wife beaters and horrible people who will never change. You don't know the story behind them, or why they are where they are. With your posts, you imply that these guys don't deserve to have a girlfriend. Why are you so judgemental?

Oh, also... "hot girls"? What are you trying to say with that? Maybe if you tried to look past superficial crap like this and focused more on each person's personality instead, you would have better luck with people, and maybe you would understand more why some girls/boys choose to be with one or the other. There's more in a person than their looks, you know?

Ignace

Guys... No offense, but are you sure you aren't watching too much TV? That's something I'd expect to see in a movie not in reality.

Second, not all guys who ended up in jail are jackasses, gorillas, wife beaters and horrible people who will never change. You don't know the story behind them, or why they are where they are. With your posts, you imply that these guys don't deserve to have a girlfriend. Why are you so judgemental?

Oh, also... "hot girls"? What are you trying to say with that? Maybe if you tried to look past superficial crap like this and focused more on each person's personality instead, you would have better luck with people, and maybe you would understand more why some girls/boys choose to be with one or the other. There's more in a person than their looks, you know?

It's on TV AND in real life. I never said someone in jail can't change.:confused: Well, most(!!) are far more judgemental then I am, and no I'm not saying they don't deserve a girlfriend, everyone deserves a partner in life. I totally agree that a person is more then looks, that's what I'm always talking about. But admit it or not, (most) jackasses don't really care about their girls, they just want to .. You know where that is heading. Sigh, this is so exhausting, you know what I mean, right ?

U

userremoved

I said it once and I'll say it again. Being nice is not what's making finding someone difficult, social anxiety is whats making it difficult. You get rid of that and I'm sure you'll draw plenty of women in whether you're a rebel or a boy scout.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
It's on TV AND in real life. I never said someone in jail can't change.:confused: Well, most(!!) are far more judgemental then I am, and no I'm not saying they don't deserve a girlfriend, everyone deserves a partner in life. I totally agree that a person is more then looks, that's what I'm always talking about. But admit it or not, (most) jackasses don't really care about their girls, they just want to .. You know where that is heading. Sigh, this is so exhausting, you know what I mean, right ?

Yes, don't worry. I know what you mean ;)

But that doesn't happen all the time, as some dudes here seem to think. That's ONE type of mentality out of many. Those girls, who are not the majority, don't look for those guys because they are jackasses. I don't think anyone wants to be used or abused, right?. The girls in question are probably not looking for a serious relationship, they're brainwashed by the media or they don't know the guy very well and they're judging only for the looks (and correct me if I'm wrong). Those type of girls are not worth your time... so why worrying that much about their opinion? Wouldn't it be better to try to look for nicer girls with a different mentality instead? There's plently of people like that...

LadyWench

My boyfriend is an ex-con. He went to prison for three years for burglary. He committed the acts when he was only 15. Ya know, a stupid teenager being pressured by "friends". I'm not making excuses at all, he owns up to his actions and admits that he was wrong. I think prison changed him completely. However, I don't find him being a felon attractive, I just choose to accept and look past it. I'll never understand why some women find "bad boys" sexy. I don't at all. I prefer nice guys with common sense and respect.

Lost Girl

i don't know i mean i think the way we describe and tag people is also a big problem here ...the way i see it is there are criminals who are involved in crime as a hobby which is really bad but there are people who simply get caught up in the web either by peer pressure or being naive and silly ...compare it to a computer program for instance ...computer programs can have fatal errors but overall they run well once they are ready ...people do make mistakes and sometimes unfortunately they make mistakes in illegal ways ...just say someone is caught for tax evasion which you could say is low risk crime ..they've obviously done the wrong thing and may be taken to a court and given some sentence, now after they have served their time they are definitely entitled to a full rehibilitation and second chance especially if the person has a good heart and character, so calling people "felons" or "criminals" after the fact is a little harsh because we don't call people who once played soccer for a career and changed to politics a soccer player because he is now into politics and has moved on ..

i'm not defending people who break the law but there really has to be more empathy for the person rather then the tag we place on people depending on the crime of course..obviously the really bad crimes deserve harsh retribution ...

as we all know the justice system doesn't focus on rehibilitation in terms of making sure the person convicted gets proper education about the law and decent psychological therapy ...i mean you want to rehibilitate the person not make them even more bitter so they are likely to repeat the behaviour again ...although i think most would learn the lesson after the first time as they would be shocked into becoming a better person.

I didn't want to post in this thread again as I was worried that I would just go completely off the deep end as I am just fed up at the close-mindedness and judgment going on in here by some people, but thank you for your post, I agree with all that you said.

It just drives me crazy when people refuse to use their common sense and any sense of compassion toward their fellow human, and instead choose to make sweeping judgments on 'groups' of people.These 'felons' (I hate that word) are people with personalities, thoughts, feelings, and problems just like the rest of us. I've always believed that all of us are only one, two, or three bad choices away to being in a really bad situation. Whether it be drugs, crime - whatever, we're only a few steps away from being there. We're all human, we all make mistakes. The mentality that ANY group of people is better or worse than another pisses me off completely. The idea of 'groups' altogether pisses me off. We're ALL human. Forget the groups. Forget feeling like all the "nice guys" don't get the "hot girls", and that the girls that want these "bad guys" are "ghetto trash", as Dottie so eloquently put it, it is about attraction between two people and that is it. Mind your own when it comes to other people's relationships. Stop feeling like the 'poor nice guys', it's a load of crap, and I think so many people do it just to take the focus off themselves, like they're not the ones with the problem here. I think anyone who whines about how nice and unfortunate they are and how bad and fortunate everyone else is needs to seriously wake up to themselves.

AGR

those poor poor guys ::(:,lets be compassionate,lets bring a couple home to help with their situation..........

...............how about NOT.

Lost Girl

those poor poor guys ::(:,lets be compassionate,lets bring a couple home to help with their situation..........

...............how about NOT.
:rolleyes:.

head-up-ass.jpg

Last edited:

mads

I didn't want to post in this thread again as I was worried that I would just go completely off the deep end as I am just fed up at the close-mindedness and judgment going on in here by some people, but thank you for your post, I agree with all that you said.

It just drives me crazy when people refuse to use their common sense and any sense of compassion toward their fellow human, and instead choose to make sweeping judgments on 'groups' of people.These 'felons' (I hate that word) are people with personalities, thoughts, feelings, and problems just like the rest of us. I've always believed that all of us are only one, two, or three bad choices away to being in a really bad situation. Whether it be drugs, crime - whatever, we're only a few steps away from being there. We're all human, we all make mistakes. The mentality that ANY group of people is better or worse than another pisses me off completely. The idea of 'groups' altogether pisses me off. We're ALL human. Forget the groups. Forget feeling like all the "nice guys" don't get the "hot girls", and that the girls that want these "bad guys" are "ghetto trash", as Dottie so eloquently put it, it is about attraction between two people and that is it. Mind your own when it comes to other people's relationships. Stop feeling like the 'poor nice guys', it's a load of crap, and I think so many people do it just to take the focus off themselves, like they're not the ones with the problem here. I think anyone who whines about how nice and unfortunate they are and how bad and fortunate everyone else is needs to seriously wake up to themselves.

Great post!

I have a friend who has been arrested for football violence in the past. Yes he did it but that is the past. He is really one of the best friends I have ever had. Mostly it is like this. If you respect one , he/she will respect you too.

Pookah

That's not attractive. ^

Yes it is best not to prejudge but you have to admit many many felons are not good people. There are exceptions but there is probably a good reason they did time. To be with one you would have to reconcile the severity of what they had done. As with most things there is a gray area. But the hardened type of criminal is probably not right for the average person, are they?

Being arrested and being a convict who served many years, two different ballgames.

AGR

It just drives me crazy when people refuse to use their common sense and any sense of compassion toward their fellow human,.
common sense is to stay away from people who **** others over,i am much more compassionate than people who steal,threat,kill and etc as I said there is minor crime,that I dont mind.

and instead choose to make sweeping judgments on 'groups' of people.These 'felons' (I hate that word) are people with personalities, thoughts, feelings, and problems just like the rest of us. ,.
You cannot deny the fact that they did something bad and are prone to do,that is fact,its not just passing judgment.