what is so attractive about felons?

Lost Girl

That's not attractive. ^

Yes it is best not to prejudge but you have to admit many many felons are not good people. There are exceptions but there is probably a good reason they did time. To be with one you would have to reconcile the severity of what they had done. As with most things there is a gray area. But the hardened type of criminal is probably not right for the average person, are they?

Being arrested and being a convict who served many years, two different ballgames.

I agree with most of what you have said, Pookah, what I have a problem with is the mass generalizations going on here. In this thread we have the poor nice guys, the hot felons, the hot girls, the ghetto trash, the bad guys...I mean c'mon, did I just walk on to a movie set? Why are we de-humanizing here? Whatever happened to the individual? People here are throwing in all these characterizations like the collective of felons are all one in the same. The OP's post is just ridiculous in the first place, when I first read it, I literally just rolled my eyes and thought 'not even gonna go there....' yet so many others seemingly share the same thoughts...that the 'big bad criminal gets the hot girl...oh but wait, the hot girl is obviously ghetto trash then'. This way of thinking is just outrageous to me.

Pookah

I agree with most of what you have said, Pookah, what I have a problem with is the mass generalizations going on here. In this thread we have the poor nice guys, the hot felons, the hot girls, the ghetto trash, the bad guys...I mean c'mon, did I just walk on to a movie set? Why are we de-humanizing here? Whatever happened to the individual? People here are throwing in all these characterizations like the collective of felons are all one in the same. The OP's post is just ridiculous in the first place, when I first read it, I literally just rolled my eyes and thought 'not even gonna go there....' yet so many others seemingly share the same thoughts...that the 'big bad criminal gets the hot girl...oh but wait, the hot girl is obviously ghetto trash then'. This way of thinking is just outrageous to me.

I agree the original premise of the thread is ridiculous. But that is why we have to question, what kind of girl does the OP want?

Hellhound

Super Moderator
No I just cant believe I am actually arguing this,it should not even be an argument.

Just making it clear... No one is defending certain type of criminals, at least not me. We're talking about people who commited a mistake and changed. I don't really know if they're the majority or the minority, but that's the group we were refering to. Not the killers, psychos, rapists, violent ones or whatever.

Last edited:

Lost Girl

common sense is to stay away from people who **** others over,i am much more compassionate than people who steal,threat,kill and etc as I said there is minor crime,that I dont mind.
Like I said, we are all prone to making mistakes, all it takes is one or two bad turns to find ourselves in a bad situation. I say don't believe yourself to be immune to it. I am sure that it is nothing more than luck that my life path didn't take a distinctly worse path than it did take when I was younger.

You cannot deny the fact that they did something bad and are prone to do,that is fact,its not just passing judgment.
Haven't we all done something 'bad'? Have you not made mistakes?

Lost Girl

Just making it clear... No one is defending certain type of criminals, at least not me. We're talking about people who commited a mistake and changed. I don't really know if they're the majority or the minority, but that's the group we were refering to. Not the killers, rapists, violent ones or whatever.

^^ Thank you.

AGR

Like I said, we are all prone to making mistakes, all it takes is one or two bad turns to find ourselves in a bad situation. I say don't believe yourself to be immune to it. I am sure that it is nothing more than luck that my life path didn't take a distinctly worse path than it did take when I was younger.
I wouldnt say it is luck at all,some people just have their head screwed on straight,doesnt matter if they are poor and etc.

Yes but nothing worth going to jail for.

Pookah

It depends on the "mistake."

I got a speeding ticket when I was teenager. Bad mistake & I learned from it. There was no one else on the road but me at the time and I was sober.

Had I committed vehicular homicide whilst drunk, however, I don't expect anyone to forgive me for that or want to be with someone who has that level if apathy for the safety of other human beings.

mads

Everyone deserves an extra change expect imo murderes, sex offenders especially those who has offended children. I dont have any sympothy for them no matter what their upbringing was.

But especially the upbrining and childhood is very important in making a person. Lets take an excample, lets call this guy Rob. (it is a not real person and story ) Rob is born 20 years ago. His mother is an alcoholic and drug addict and his father the same. His grandmother has tried to help with the education of him until the age of 7 where she dies. He is beaten by his father when they are home and else he is just alone when his parrents are out drinking. Rob has no idea how to react normally in social situations because he dont know other ways to react than via violence. He then commits his first burglary at the age of 12 and also starts smoking cannabis and later more hard drugs. He needs money for that and starts to do more and more burglaries and also starts to do bank robberies. He is then convicted and gets 10 years in prison. When he gets out should he get a new change or not?

Richey

i mean obviously that does lean towards a serious crime in a complicated situation because that person had an ugly upbringing because it involved violence and drugs ....i think what a person like rob could do is serve their time and spend the rest of their life devoted to doing good things, working for charities, obviously no more drugs or violence and perhaps make education and being a new person the ultimate goal while being prepared to be judged for those past behaviours. ...but to become a new and improved person would be essential.

mads

i mean obviously that does lean towards a serious crime in a complicated situation because that person had an ugly upbringing because it involved violence and drugs ....i think what a person like rob could do is serve their time and spend the rest of their life devoted to doing good things, working for charities, obviously no more drugs or violence and perhaps make education and being a new person the ultimate goal while being prepared to be judged for those past behaviours. ...

The most important imo is that if you dont know what is good, how can you then do it. We are not born to knowing what is the right thing. We can only know that through our education and upbringing and if a child dont have a good upbringing it is extremely hard to change it

AGR

Well, you should be proud that you're such an exemplary human being, unlike those awful convicts and felons. You've never done anything that would end you up in jail. Congratulations, you follow the law. I guess you have every right to be judgmental, hateful and self-righteous then.

its my opinion,did they gave their victim a chance,were they respectfull toward them?

Last edited:

AGR

you'd be amazed at how easy it is for people to be called into a courtroom in the realm of traffic and tax mistakes, alot of people start businesses and arn't prepared at all to manage their money, students who can't pay large debts, witnesses who unwillingly are tied to an incident that involved other people, obviously violence and drugs are at the other extreme end of it, in fact i'd say drugs go next and then violence is clearly the worst crime .. .. ...
yes I get this,as i said I have no problem with this

however as lost girl says every individual is unique and don't be fooled into thinking that nasty situations only happen to people who are looking to cause trouble ...good people who are as normal as anyone get caught in the web sometimes and yes its usually a very silly mistake that brought them to such that rock bottom level but that doesn't define them as a person ...

unfortunately alot of people simply don't have empathy or much humility for people at all or they are driven by religious beliefs and are conditioned to judge with venomous disdain before even researching a persons case or situation...
If there was a situation where someone would kill or rape someones family or the like,than I guess that would be more understandable,but I doubt those guys are the marjority,being poor doesnt excuse crime,I was poor,I have meet people who were poor,none of them turned to crime,in fact they are the best people I met,group pressure doesnt excuse either.

Lost Girl

There are plenty of evil people who aren't in prison and have never committed crimes. Anyone who knows better will tell you that there are good and bad people everywhere you go and that there is good and bad inside every human being. Yourself included.
Exactly! Beautifully said :).

And when you have exhausted all options?

I think we're getting off track here, but obviously it is up to you to make a decision on whether or not to remain in contact with someone based on what you know about that individual. That is completely up to you. What I and I think others are trying to say is not to write off a person simply based on the fact that he or she is or was a criminal. There is more to a person than that. We need to stop with the stereotyping.

its my opinion,did they gave their victm a chance,were they respectfull toward them?

What victim? Who is it that you have in mind while you are spouting all this?