What does the forum mean for you?

neardeath

I am pretty new here, and generally interested in how people use the forum, what they get out of it, and how does it work in your life? I am a "baby-boomer" and old enough to have that hot/cold disconnect when it comes to the internet. Don't get me wrong, I need you! Please enlighten me.

laure15

I use the forum to unload thoughts and feelings and to understand myself better by reading about other people's problems. There are not many people I can talk to in real life about social anxiety, avpd, and other problems I suffer from. Sometimes people just don't understand or they are so busy with their lives that they're not always available. So I turn to this forum for answers.

Tamara89

I find it good coming on here and sharing my thoughts, advice and such, also reminding myself I'm not the only one. Although I'm pretty much new I don't come on here too often maybe because I'm super sensitive and if other people are down it brings me down too.. if that makes sense? It's weird because in general I feel pretty pessimistic about myself/everything but I'd rather talk about interesting/positive things. I dunno. Weird :-/

I'm here to read what others have to say about SA, advice or what they've been through, so I know I'm not alone. Occasionally I write something.

akala

just connect, rant, and when you have those really bad days, the forum is here to support you.

MikeyC

It means I can make over 10,000 posts and use the Internet for something that doesn't involve naked people. ;)

Nah, it's good to talk to some like-minded people, even if I'm a mild case compared to many others here.

The Lost

A place where reading other people's posts makes me feel less alone/weird. So many are as if I've written them myself, which is a great relief and helps deal with it in a way.

Bo592

I like sharing my thoughts and trying my best to give good advice. I like going to this forum because before I came hear I felt like I was the only one in the world who have Social Phobia and knew what it was and what it was about. This forum is the only place where I can talk about my social problems my family shut me out of there lives because they don`t want to hear me talk about social phobia any more. I feel I got alot I want to get off my chest and find answers to a lot I got to learn about life before I can go on and this forum is the only place I can turn to. feeling lonely with problems nobody want to help me with and have no answers to people thanks that I am lazy but I tryed millon of things that never work for me.

theoutsider

I am also still pretty new here. What jumps out at me is just being able to come to a place where others share many of the same experiences as I do. It helps knowing that I am not alone. Sometimes I am able to give advice and other times I am able to ask for and get advice. It's nice to be able to talk about our anxieties amongst others who know what it's like and won't just dismiss you as just overly sensitive or shy.

EscapeArtist

You know, when I'm actively focused on my social anxiety this forum means a ton. I can come on here after a day that drains me socially and stresses my brain out and find motivation and inspiration. Although when I'm not actively focused on healing, (In an action way) it serves as more of a realm of ranting, which i'm not too fond of being the source of to be honest. Either way it serves a great purpose as there is no judgement here, it's so rare and valuable.

neardeath

Thank you all for your responses. I am drawn to the forum several times a day. Sometimes I have my doubts writing personal stuff on the internet, but maybe that's because the forum is still new to me. I thank you all for being here.

Section_31

This is the place i have my journal.

This is my safe place where i can be amongst my own kind, and forget about the "normal people/sheep" of whom i have to pretend to be one of to survive.

I love this place. This is the only place i feel safe exposing my innermost self and thoughts.

neardeath

NWP, only put your clothes back on if you want to. :)

So glad to hear people trust this place. I needed to hear that. Looks like I'll be here for a long time to come. Thanks again.

Odo

Banned
Well, to be perfectly honest I want to find a good friend around my age who understands what I'm going through… I don't know very many people in the real word right now.

I also want to read about what other people are going through and I guess just generally talk about feeling out of place and stuff like that.

Section_31

Well, to be perfectly honest I want to find a good friend around my age who understands what I'm going through… I don't know very many people in the real word right now.

I also want to read about what other people are going through and I guess just generally talk about feeling out of place and stuff like that.

Odo, do you realize if this were the star trek universe, your name would be bajoran for "unknown sample?" :D

I love that! lol