What do you want to do with your life

Lexus199

I don't know which subforum to put this in. I figure this place is as good as any.

Anyway I've been thinking about the future. Do you guys have a plan for your future or are you just making things up as you go along? I often feel like I'm wandering aimlessly but I can't really figure out what I want to do with my life.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm definitely a ship without a port still, at age 37.

It's gotten easier to deal with in some ways, but harder in others, but overall there's been an improvement over the last couple of years, especially.

As long as I'm reasonably happy, I'll be okay. Part of growing up is learning which sandbags to cut-loose and which ones to keep, so I'm okay that I'm never going to be rich or famous or do any grand thing that will help millions of people. I couldn't handle the strain, anyway.

At this point, I just want a job and a girl that won't drive me crazy. I know I can make everything else work.

Livemylife

I've been thinking about this. Especially since my birthday was not too long ago, and it reminded me I'm getting older yet stuck with anxiety and depression.
Well fresh out of college I would like to get a day job in my field. In my spare time I would like to write books. And farther into the future I would like to do scientific research. My ultimate goal is to shake this depression for good. I think then I will be able to be productive.

jaim38

Within a few years, say in the next 3-5, I picture myself getting a job and working my *ss off to pay bills and debt. I haven't figured anything out for the next 10, 20, or 30 years of my life, haven't even planned this far yet so I guess I'm making things up as I go along.

Ithior

No idea. I have no dream to work towards. Just trying to figure out something I can do for a living that won't bore me and that I have the skills to do.

Odo

Banned
I have several ideas... many of them involve living responsibly and ethically in the age of global warming, and focusing more on basic human things like food, shelter, creativity, love, family and appreciating nature.

I don't want anything specific, just to be able to focus on simple things and be happy with them.

I used to have big ambitious dreams - I was going to be successful and be liked by many. Life made some funny twists, and now I'm the exact opposite what I imagined I'd be. Now something as little as independence of any kind seems like an unattainable goal.

I dare not look beyond next week - because there's just nothing there. Beyond meaningless possessions, I have little more than small hope and a shred of dignity left. I'm afraid that if I were to think of the future, I'd lose that too.

I just kinda hold on and try to stay in the moment. In small portions it doesn't seem as bad.

S_Spartan

I don't care about things like success or even romantic love anymore. All I want at this point is some inner peace. I get so darn restless!!!

Kiwong

I'd like to run more marathons

I'd like to write a plant book.

I'd like to set up a web page for my photos. Maybe even sell a few of my photos.

I'd like to own a home near the beach.

I'd like to feel at peace.

I want to finish the Island vegetation mapping project I am working on, and have it published in the scientific literature.

Kiwong

^ I mean like a professional photographers site where you can sell photos. I already have pages for my photos on facebook, 500px, and wordpress.

uneasy

Pff I don't know. I have no interests at all. I have a job I don't care for any more, I would like to quit but that would bring a whole bunch of new problems.... So, it's groundhog day until I know what I want.

Richey

This is a very generic view on things, but I find a lot of successful people in career, not all, but a lot just have big egos, many are narcissistic, again, not all...But it seems to help people along...

Of course just being a good technician at something helps a lot, you can be a good technician at something and be nice at the same time.

what life

I haven't even the slightest clue :/. I'm really interested in mycology right now, but I don't know what I'd ever do with that :idontknow: . I'm starting to think I'll never do anything significant with my life, I have way too much to figure out first. I know most people don't know either, but there has to be some sense of relief in having a passion and goal to work towards.

Gieky

I used to have big ambitious dreams - I was going to be successful and be liked by many. Life made some funny twists, and now I'm the exact opposite what I imagined I'd be.

This one hit close to home. I feel the exact same way but I didn't realize it until I read the words out loud.

TreeBones

I used to have big ambitious dreams - I was going to be successful and be liked by many. Life made some funny twists, and now I'm the exact opposite what I imagined I'd be. .

Same here. When I was a little girl i thought the future would be rainbows and lollipops, I wanted to be a doctor. Now I'm not so sure. I'm pretty sure I want to be a mom more than anything else that I think could have any meaning.

bsammy

when i was little i thought id grow up and get a job i somewhat enjoy and then after work, have my set routine of hobbies that i enjoy...on the weekend do something out of the ordinary but the reality is, i dont like my work, i come home tired every night basically and dont feel like doing much..on days off, i get around and do my little hobbies that arent really fulfilling at all, more like things to pass the time..i dont enjoy life mch at all, i just get by...my passion is basically non-existent and what ive realized you cannot just force passion, its either there or it isnt..