What do females think of male virgins?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
How about a 50 year old virgin....do you think that is normal or do you think that person has serious issues they are dealing with?
I'm not the least bit pissed. I'm just not understanding your thinking. Severe anxiety is a serious issue to deal with, and that alone is quite enough to explain why a 50 year old would be a virgin. Also, it's not a matter of the person in question fighting their urges--it's a matter of their brain problems preventing them from carrying out their urges. I would have thought that obvious if you know what SA is. No? :confused:

luckycharms

No I dont consider it normal, nor do I deny that I have issues. I just guess my definition of damaged goods is different from yours. To me someone thats damaged goods would do nothing but cause misery to anyone that tried to have a relationship with them.

Some men consider single moms damaged goods. Some people think that anyone who is divorced is damaged goods. I don't think either of those things qualifies someone as damaged goods. To me, damaged goods just means.... well, hurt. It doesn't mean write the person off completely. It just means that you should be aware that the relationship you are about to enter may require extra patience and understanding. More so then a typical relationship, that's all.

U

userremoved

Some men consider single moms damaged goods. Some people think that anyone who is divorced is damaged goods. I don't think either of those things qualifies someone as damaged goods. To me, damaged goods just means.... well, hurt. It doesn't mean write the person off completely. It just means that you should be aware that the relationship you are about to enter may require extra patience and understanding. More so then a typical relationship, that's all.

Oh ok, well I see what you're saying then. Thats what worries me and shakes my confidence. With the exception of the girls on this forum, I get the feeling a lot of the ones not familiar with this problem may not be as patient and understanding. I guess it's best to keep that virgin thing a secret until the person sees you're not criminally insane or something.

luckycharms

I'm not the least bit pissed. I'm just not understanding your thinking. Severe anxiety is a serious issue to deal with, and that alone is quite enough to explain why a 50 year old would be a virgin. Also, it's not a matter of the person in question fighting their urges--it's a matter of their brain problems preventing them from carrying out their urges. I would have thought that obvious if you know what SA is. No? :confused:

Yes, I totally understand why someone with SA may remain a virgin for a very long time. I think my point is lost here. The OP may not be getting a fair assessment of female opinions because he asked the question on a social anxiety forum. Go ask the same question in a forum that has nothing to do with social anxiety and see what answers he gets then.

coyote

i'm 46, and i've never damaged any of my goods

unless you count that ugly zipper mishap in Kyoto

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Yes, I totally understand why someone with SA may remain a virgin for a very long time. I think my point is lost here. The OP may not be getting a fair assessment of female opinions because he asked the question on a social anxiety forum. Go ask the same question in a forum that has nothing to do with social anxiety and see what answers he gets then.
I get that women on another forum wouldn't understand. I don't get why you don't seem to.

Eh, I give up.

Pookah

I think that if a girl likes a guy and finding out he is a virgin is a deal breaker for her, without even asking why, well the attachment was too shallow anyway and it wouldn't have worked out

When does that kind of thing come up in conversation before sex is even on the table?

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Talking about virgins using the expression "damaged goods" to me sounds like using "used stuff" to talk about non-virgins... :p
Sorry that was my dumb comment of the day.

I think that if a girl likes a guy and finding out he is a virgin is a deal breaker for her, without even asking why, well the attachment was too shallow anyway and it wouldn't have worked out.

hear, hear:)

For a relationship to have any chance of working, you can't use what the guy has done or not done with his private wiggley bits to judge him.
You need to look at the whole package to get a fair judgement. There are just too many variables involved.

Error

Talking about virgins using the expression "damaged goods" to me sounds like using "used stuff" to talk about non-virgins... :p
Sorry that was my dumb comment of the day.
I loved that comment! :D
If girl I love slept with other guys, I would hate it! I probably also could not take the thought of my head.
About the urges someone mentioned, do you know what masturbation is?

But hey, in two years I might became "damage goods". When I reach 30, if I did not find a decent girl, I'll have to find some indecent girl and do it asap. Or I can start lying about it, like many many guys do! Remember checking the virginity of people is difficult, especially on males (females can also say they lost it to a vibrator or something...)

There are many good liars out there. What I find amazing with this corrupt world is that they should lie the other way around... I believe it's trend right now.

I personally find another guy's bodies disgusting, so the "used stuff" disgust me. I think girls are not so disgusted about other female's bodies (many are bisexual anyway).

AGR

I dont know what they think,but dont expect that they like you first at all if you are unexperienced,firstly they gavitate to other kind of guys,yes I did have some girls who liked me,but by the time they started linking me I didnt like them,just wasnt for me.

SingleAloneForever

As for the whole what women think of male virgins thing, ultimately it depends upon the individual. Can also possibly depend upon the age of the virgin in question.

I myself am now nearing 30. In about 8-9 months. I still haven't managed to sleep with anybody, but that isn't the biggest problem, as I'm still searching for my first girlfriend.

Actually, I believe that being nearly 30 and never being in a relationship is an even bigger turn off to women, as opposed to being a virgin. However, if you're almost 30 and never had a girlfriend AND you're still a virgin, like I am, most women will avoid you like the plague.

talisman

At the risk of raising some people's hackles....I have to say, there is a difference between a 19 year old virgin and a 30 year old virgin. If I came upon a 30 year old virgin, I would immediately think he was "damaged goods." I also seriously wonder whether humans are meant to be monogamous. So if the excuse is he is "waiting for the one," well that's great, but is it natural?

Although I hate the term 'damaged goods', sadly I do have to agree with you. I'm only 3 years away from officially being 'damaged goods' and its definitely not natural. ::(:

AGR

I wont lie that I am inexperienced,she will probably notice if she knows me,used to lie in the past because of ridicule and bullying,but wont if she wont like me then she is not the kind of girl I would want anyway,yeah only men obssess and care for sex..........:rolleyes:

U

userremoved

Well my point was that its probably not smart to advertise that to people when they're first getting to know you. That would be like me on a first date telling someone I'm severely depressed. Such a startling revelation might cause people to jump ship before you get your foot in the door. The few people I've told it to outright thought I was lying and when I convinced them I wasn't they gave me the o_O look. So yeah