What book are you currently reading?

Much Ado About Nothing by Mr. Shakespeare
I love the movie SO MUCH, and I think I'll like the text. I do hate reading the little footnotes, though.

Earthbound_Misfit

Last Book Read:
Charlaine Harris- Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse)
Currently Reading:
Laurell K. Hamilton- Skin Trade
Next on My List:
JR Ward- Lover Mine and Lover Revealed (i think.. it's new)

Golly... I read a LOT...

tovoxy

Though I remember when I was young I was fond of "Story about a True Man" AKA "Story of a Real Man", the masterpiece of Boris Polevoy, and even though it has quite some tragic chapters I would still read it over and over again. I used to believe he is a great novelist.

I also found two novels of Yuri Bondarev great: "The Last Shots" and "The Hot Snow." Both are so overwhelming, tragic but passionate (romantic?) were about the war, bravery, love and loss.

As a matter of fact, I believe I've also read Mikhail Lermontov's "A Hero of Our Time". Didn't like it as much, maybe because of the subject rather than the style IDK.

@tovoxy: are these well known novels in Russian literature? I only read translations of them.

Yes, Polevoy and Bondarev are very well-known. I remember reading "Story about a True Man" at school.
And Lermontov was a very famous poet and novelist(but mostly he's known as a poet i think). His poetry and novels are even taught in the Ukrainian&Russian school system, including "A Hero of Our Time".

dean01

just starting an unquiet mind a biography of moods and madness. its supposed to be one of the best books ever writen about bipolar.

arsenalwa

Timeline by Michael Crichton. You know you're reading a good book when a usually uninteresting topic becomes very interesting (quantum physics).

:eek: Quantum physics are usually uninteresting? :rolleyes:

I just finished reading Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. Awesome book. I think I actually liked it better than the movie.

I'm finishing up The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, which is the third book in the Millennium series by Stieg Larsson. Great series! Then I'm going to finish Much Ado About Nothing. Then....who knows.

B

Beatrice

Complications by Atul Gawande, about some of the author's early experiences as a surgical resident. I love medical stories, they're endlessly fascinating. I read Intern by Sandeep Jauhar, which I absolutely loved. Also, Musicophilia by Olive Sacks was fantastic.

Last edited:

hippiechild

'Memories Dreams and Reflections' by Jung..
and Hawking's 'A Brief History of Time'
and 'A Forest Journey' by John Perlin

They're all super fun so far!

Ciretose

Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aaron Ralston

The Oedipus Plays of Sophocles

Random non-fiction chosen based on whatever my current interests are or what's lying around.

I'm about to read this one, don't know if any one has read it

un%2Bviejo%2Bque%2Bleia_0.preview.jpg