What book are you currently reading?

AGR

The God Delusion(just wanted to read it again),PC user`s Bible and college mathemathics(just revising).

Anomaly

61DFH7WAMRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Reading a bit of that in preparation for the impending doom.

Square_Eyes

Just finished Misery by Stephen King. I'll be starting the first book of his Dark Tower series, The Gunslinger, later this evening. :)

Square_Eyes

Very cool. I'm gonna have to actually check out his work. I've never read Stephen King. Imagine that. :)

I hadn't read any of his work until earlier this year. Since then however, I've fallen completely in love with the dude's writing. I don't think many other authors are going to get much of a look-in with me until I've polished off King's entire bibliography. :rolleyes:

Lost Girl

Darkly dreaming Dexter. Although I admit I've put the book down for well over a week because it is just so darn identical to the show! It almost feels like a waste of time reading it.

This series to me is very unique. Usually (to me) Stephen King's strength is that his characters seem so real... like someone you can find just down the street or even yourself... but placed into extraordinary situations.

In this case though, the protagonist, Roland (I think) the gunslinger is definitely something else altogether. Definitely not an ordinary chap. The series is also his magnum opus. If you've not read much of his other works... well, there are a number of tie-ins and allusions to this Dark Tower series. The Dark Tower universe is meant to be the central hub that connects many of the earlier works of Stephen King. (If memory serves), the end of Insomnia, for example alludes to Roland.

Haha... sorry if you already knew all that. Just thought you'd like to know.