• Left or Center-Left

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • Far Left

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • none whatsoever

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters

gsmax5

I'm curious to see if SA'ers are different in their political views than the general population.

Waybuloo

I'm not very politically inclined but I'd go for the left. I believe in medical care and education being a free for all, but I don't believe in the way social benefit has been dished out and taken advantage off by scheming people. I believe in leftist ideology but not how it is administered.

Lea

Banned
It is not right, so it must be left.. I once did some test and got liberal, is that right I don't know. But I don't understand politics, and I have rather fatalistic feelings about the world direction :). I believe the wrong people always win.

fitftw

I hate politics and would like something that resembles anarchy, if only people knew how to behave themselves if that were to happen.

Kinetik

I'm completely indifferent because I don't believe politics makes the slightest bit of difference to anything. People in so-called powerful positions are just puppets of other people and organizations, and the world will go the way it's headed regardless of who wins debates, elections, or whatever else. Politicians lie through their teeth to get to where they want to be, only to go back on what they said during their campaigns once it emerges that they're either unwilling or unable to deliver on any of their promises. It's all one big farce because nobody has any integrity or any real ability to change things substantially or meaningfully. The US presidential election for example - it always gets turned into something of a Hollywood blockbuster movie, but does it make any difference who actually wins it? Of course not.

Last edited:

mummylala

I voted none whatsoever..i hate politics, always have, always will.. i have no interest in politics whatsoever

Felgen

I'm right-wing (allthough not an anarcho capitalist). Politics are a lot more than "right versus left" and I'm for social liberalism. I believe that a lot of stuff which is controversial because "they" say so (eg. polygamy¨and gun ownership) should be legalized, but I'm also for a good welfare system.

Edit: To the person who gave me a negative rep because of this: Norway has the highest gun ownership rate in Europe and per capita the third highest military spendings in the world. Murders by gunshot here are rare and weapons used for crime are almost always stolen. Polygamy is entirely legal in The Netherlands and both men and women can marry more than one person.

Last edited:

Emily_G

I voted center...but not sure what that is haha. I am a Christian so my views on everything line up with what the Bible says, I try to vote accordingly.

Ignace

I'm right-wing (allthough not an anarcho capitalist). Politics are a lot more than "right versus left" and I'm for social liberalism. I believe that a lot of stuff which is controversial because "they" say so (eg. polygamy¨and gun ownership) should be legalized, but I'm also for a good welfare system.

Edit: To the person who gave me a negative rep because of this: Norway has the highest gun ownership rate in Europe and per capita the third highest military spendings in the world. Murders by gunshot here are rare and weapons used for crime are almost always stolen. Polygamy is entirely legal in The Netherlands and both men and women can marry more than one person.

I hope you mean that they can marry more then 1 person in life, because you can't marry some one else when you're already married.. Well it's in Belgium like that, The Netherlands is almost the same.

Felgen

I hope you mean that they can marry more then 1 person in life, because you can't marry some one else when you're already married.. Well it's in Belgium like that, The Netherlands is almost the same.

Technically, it's a civil union rather than a marriage (my bad), but with the same privileges as marriage. Don't see any reason to ban a man from having two wives or a woman from having two husbands, though... it doesn't harm anyone as long as the decision is consensual.

Remus

Staff member

twice the nagging! the horror! :eek:

sorry ladies just kidding ;)

Emily_G

twice the nagging! the horror! :eek:

sorry ladies just kidding ;)

Yeah not sure why anyone would want to have two wives. I watched a show on polygamy and this one polygamist said it's really hard having more than one wife. He had 2, said for the first few years it was horrible....now that things have simmered down between the women, he wants a 3rd wife. Why he wants to start that whole mess over again is beyond me....