• Left or Center-Left

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • Far Left

Votes: 20 15.0%
  • none whatsoever

Votes: 41 30.8%

• Total voters

pinkskies

The more people who vote for a candidate, the better represented he'll be. The United States is way to big for a direct election to work.

We count the direct votes each time. If we can take a census of the American population, I think we can count votes. Direct democracy is possible and there have been attempts to pass it through congress. BUT, it never passes. They want to keep their power. How can you just GIVE AWAY that much power.

Again: Only the congress is allowed to declear war. Second, all the oil from Iraq has been paid for. Third, Canada, Iran and Saudi Arabia has way more oil than Iraq. Neither has ever been threatened by the US.
Let me break this down for you.
Bush = President.
His party = Republican.
His Congress = Republican.

If your Congress is the same party as the president then you can pass WHATEVER you want. Say it and Congress will pass it for you.

No, you got involved because Hitler talked Japan into attacking the US.
Lol. That didn't happen. We were itching to get into the War. American's (the people) were still traumatized from WWI and didn't want to enter the war. The government was secretly aiding the British from the start. Pearl Harbor was our way to say: OK, we were attacked. We have to attack back. It was just a coincidence. We wanted to enter the war from the start. We just couldn't do it because too many people were opposed to it. But once the Japanese attacked us it was our "OK,GO"

Israel was given to the jews for the same reasons as Pakistan was given to the muslims in 1947 and Armenia was given independence in 1991; because the country had been tossed back and forth between Brits, Ottomans and Romans for centuries.

There's so much conflict in all three places that you mentioned. Do you see a pattern? You can't just give people land.

The US are on good terms with Bahrain, Jordan and Saudi-Arabia, to mention a few.

No they aren't. Its just how it appears on the surface. Their true ally is Israel.

The Marshall Plan was just a hoax, then?
The Marshall Plan was for us to gain political and economic power. Wars fuel the economy. Production increases so our economy gets better. Makes sense?
Also, if we give people money just because.. then won't they like us? YES. And that's exactly what happened.
Political and Economic status for America.

"We should be skeptical to governments, but we shouldn't just make sh!t up." -- Penn Jillette
Its ironic that you put this quote.. because it looks like you're not too skeptical of government. You take things word for word. ASK QUESTIONS. Always. (And I'm not "making **** up")
I mean.. America has never rigged an election? Give me a break.

Felgen

We count the direct votes each time. If we can take a census of the American population, I think we can count votes. Direct democracy is possible and there have been attempts to pass it through congress. BUT, it never passes. They want to keep their power. How can you just GIVE AWAY that much power.

Direct elections worked like a charm in Honduras.

Let me break this down for you.
Bush = President.
His party = Republican.
His Congress = Republican.

The disparity between republicans and democrats in the congress isn't really that big. Secondly, the president doesn't "own" the congress; each congress representative is elected by the people. Furthermore, not every republican agrees with Bush (and vice verca), which is what makes the dual party system possible in the first place.

If your Congress is the same party as the president then you can pass WHATEVER you want. Say it and Congress will pass it for you.

I'm not going to dignify this statement with a good answer.

Lol. That didn't happen. We were itching to get into the War. American's (the people) were still traumatized from WWI and didn't want to enter the war. The government was secretly aiding the British from the start. Pearl Harbor was our way to say: OK, we were attacked. We have to attack back. It was just a coincidence. We wanted to enter the war from the start. We just couldn't do it because too many people were opposed to it. But once the Japanese attacked us it was our "OK,GO"

Just because they aided the British, doesn't mean that they were in the war. The US also aided South Korea against North Korea and the USSR, but were never in war against any of them.

No they aren't. Its just how it appears on the surface. Their true ally is Israel.

King Abdullah of Jordan has visited the US many times. He was even in Ronald Reagan's funeral. HRW went as far as calling Bahrain a "poster child for human rights". Saudi Arabia is very important to american oil coorporations.

The Marshall Plan was for us to gain political and economic power. Wars fuel the economy. Production increases so our economy gets better. Makes sense?

Wars drain the economy.

Also, if we give people money just because.. then won't they like us?

No.

YES. And that's exactly what happened.
Political and Economic status for America.

The US gained power because it's the 3. most populous nation in the world. It was also for a long time the most populous democratic country in the world. Furthermore, the assembly lines, the cars and stuff like that helped escalate the country on the food chain.

Its ironic that you put this quote.. because it looks like you're not too skeptical of government. You take things word for word. ASK QUESTIONS. Always. (And I'm not "making **** up")
I mean.. America has never rigged an election? Give me a break.

I debunk misconceptions. This doesn't mean that I'm not a skeptic. You're the one who claims that the US rigged an election, therefore, you need to bring up some proof of the US rigging an election. By proof, I don't mean anti American propaganda from some Marxist-Leninist website.

pinkskies

World War II didn't drain American economy. We were in the Great Depression in the 1930s. How do you think we got out of Depression? WWII helped us spark production and it fueled the economy.

If the president's party represents the majority of Congress, then yes he gets whatever he wants passed.
Google Harry S. Truman. You'll see that his party wasn't majority in Congress and that he didn't get anything passed. Have you heard of the Fair Deal? Probably not. It was such a failure.

A true democracy is a direct one and only a direct one. Direct elections can work in America. Do you know why? Most Americans ALREADY think that they are the ones who are choosing their President. Believe it or not, not many know exactly what an electoral college does. So it doesn't matter. We're living in an illusion.

Have you not heard of the Korean and Cold Wars? We were in a war against North Korea and a Cold War against the USSR. These wars were greatly influenced by WWII.

Clearly, the 2004 Election was rigged. No doubt about it. It was too controversial for it not to be rigged.
Common Sense tells you its rigged.

petrified eyes

EDIT: I was merely trying to ease the tension with humor, it seems I failed. I sincerely apologize if anyone was offended.

Last edited:

pinkskies

Well I'm gonna go. Clearly there is no point debating politics, especially over the internet. After all, this is a mental health forum and this entire argument was uncalled for.
Goodbye.

Felgen

World War II didn't drain American economy. We were in the Great Depression in the 1930s. How do you think we got out of Depression? WWII helped us spark production and it fueled the economy.

John M. Keynes did that, by showing that the invisible hand needed a helping hand from the government.

If the president's party represents the majority of Congress, then yes he gets whatever he wants passed.

George W. Bush isn't the emperor of all republicans, so no--it doesn't work that way.

A true democracy is a direct one and only a direct one. Direct elections can work in America. Do you know why? Most Americans ALREADY think that they are the ones who are choosing their President. Believe it or not, not many know exactly what an electoral college does. So it doesn't matter. We're living in an illusion.

It's actually easier to cheat in a direct democracy than in an indirect one.

Have you not heard of the Korean and Cold Wars? We were in a war against North Korea and a Cold War against the USSR. These wars were greatly influenced by WWII.

The cold war wasn't a war per se.

Clearly, the 2004 Election was rigged. No doubt about it. It was too controversial for it not to be rigged.
Common Sense tells you its rigged.

Sure it does. :rolleyes: It didn't take a long time before the whole world knew when Batista cheated in 1958. In today's world with internet, everyone would know if an election was rigged. If the US government never wanted a democracy, then they simply wouldn't hold a free election and instead build a cult around the head of state, like the Soviet Union did.

Remus

Staff member
Let's try and keep it civil and lighten up a little people, not everyone agrees on everything here but lets show some respect rather than belittling others (I'm directing that all all sides here).