Today is National Hug Day.

Do you like to hug people?

• Total voters

Feathers

ha ha

ok I will.. to others: ((hug)) from a small nation... (didn't know it was an 'official' day either...)

I like to hug some people (depending on their energy/aura/propensity for hugs) and I don't like to hug some others, it really depends... Grannys/older Aunts with 'A LOT to hug' can be good to hug!! :) I can hug (female) strangers if they seem to want it and initiate it.. (I don't like to hug male strangers or too slim people lol somehow it feels too personal.. cushy people are good to hug :) otherwise it really depends on the person, some relatives here hug and do the cheek thing all the time, some don't.. I really hate being kissed on the lips tho, especially as a form of greeting..)
internet is pretty safe too :)

awkwardamanda

I really hate being kissed on the lips tho, especially as a form of greeting.

Ugh, I hate that! I don't think it's ever happened to me but I've seen people do it and I just don't get it. Even if it's a fairly close relative, not everyone is comfortable with that. I would certainly feel very awkward if someone kissed me on the lips as a greeting.:confused:

Pookah

I'm Italian-American so it is customary to half hug/half kiss aka smoosh the side of your face to the other person's.

I only like hugs from people I know very well.
One benefit of living a loner lifestyle is you hardly ever have anyone you aren't familiar with trying to give you an unwanted hug!

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I'd only hug people I know very well, like a close friend. But I'm not sure about how I'd react, if I'd be comfortable with it or not. I'm not used to the situation.

Random people... they'd better not touch me. It creeps me out and I hate it.

planemo

No way I'd hug a stranger. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but I just feel they wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole. But besides that I live in the wrong city to just hug anyone.

WeirdyMcGee

lol- no thanks.

I prefer not to touch people or have them touch me.
won't freak out if someone does but I just prefer that there be no arms around me, keeping me from protecting myself from zombies when the zombpocalypse happens!!

Silentknight

I would like to be able to hug but honestly (and don't laugh) I don't know how to hug. I know it sounds impossible givin how simple it is but whenever I hug someone my body automatically shifts to the side blocking the other persons attempt to put there arms around me and I only ever get one arm around the person. Pathetic right?