Things that you did well today

Roman Legion

Thus far I have not succumbed to my video game addiction for 2 days now.. I have burned a ton of old stuff that I needed to get rid of.. I tried cleaning another area of the house, but my brother found his video game addiction more important than helping me clean his area of years of trash or even plugging a lamp in, so I just walked away and he started screaming at me.. Mind you he is close to 30 years old screaming at a 22 year old (Me) for cleaning his crap. I'm going to dust off a few things and hopefully get my room's window cleaned off tomorrow.. I didn't clean out the shed as he took his truck to work today and I can't fit anything in my mustang.. I will study some more ASL before I get to sleep, but not before my shower!

<EDIT> I'm about to flip and or rotate my matress to even out the wear on it..

Silatuyok

I spent a goodly portion of the day going through my closet and either discarding or setting aside items to be sent to the local Goodwill. (Link in case someone has no idea what I'm talking about)

I think I have some hoarding tendencies, so this is actually a slgithly bigger deal than 'today, I stopped being a slob'. I'm essentially parting with my childhood here (and I'm not exaggerating because I've had some of this stuff since I was old enough to demand it from my parents).

That's wonderful. Recognizing that you have those tendencies and actually having the strength to do something to combat it is a real accomplishment.

O'Killian

We really shouldn't let this thread languish.

That's wonderful. Recognizing that you have those tendencies and actually having the strength to do something to combat it is a real accomplishment.

Heh, thanks for that. I think I'm in danger of just accepting it as a facet of myself, and eventually I'll go from 'no counterspace' to 'hey, I could be on TV!' And not in a good way. I suppose it's a thing best nipped in the bud. I'm hoping it'll be a bit easier to let things go once they're not at a sort of critical mass like they were previously.

-

Anyway, I'll start with a two-fer; it's a bit long, so for the tl;dr crowd: I've lost fifteen pounds and kept it off, and I've completed the week-long project of clearing my closet to combat my hoarding tendencies.

It's been (just shy of) two months since I started to make some lifestyle changes to promote weight loss. (Wording is important here; I intentionally wanted to do this slowly, without setting a goal that would probably be unrealistic because I have no experience or training with this kind of thing.) This mostly amounts to light exercise and abstaining from 'grazing' - previously I would shove food in my big fat face at the slightest craving, which wasn't very good on any level. More recently I've started to introduce actual diet changes to including healthy foods (next is slowly phasing out the unhealthy ones, heh. Maybe just smaller portion sizes, though I've already been attempting that to some degree).

A couple of weeks ago I weighed myself and was absolutely astounded that I had lost fifteen pounds, to the point I almost didn't believe it. (This is pretty close to what I often see quoted as the maximum recommended amount of weight lost per week, and I only made a single radical change in how I was eating!) This is relevant to today because I checked my weight again and it's still off - it was no fluke. This is pretty fantastic progress since I've practically only just started. :)

This leads in to the hoarding thing; Today I've finally gotten everything that's staying stowed away. I can actually see the floor of my closet, and there was enough extra room to stow other crap that was lying around my room. I haven't actually gotten rid of any of my clothes, though, because the vast majority of them are only slightly uncomfortable or barely don't fit me. In fact thanks to the weight loss I've gone from about three pairs of jeans I can wear without looking, well, like a fat guy in ridiculously tight jeans to double that.

Everything that's going to Goodwill is in boxes in the living room awaiting final inspection (to ensure that it works, isn't too dirty, wasn't accidentally some sort of heirloom, etc.), so it's not quite out of the house yet, but it's all well on its way.

Lucy:)

I really like this thread! :)
I helped out on reception at my voluntary work, even though I was terrified of the thought of it! felt horrible while I was doing it but feels like a little achievement now!

Silatuyok

Today at work I perfected the art of not doing much at all.
Hehe.
Actually, it was a pretty good work day. I spent a lot of time with this tiny cat who is absolutely terrified. Until today no one has taken the time to just sit down and pet her. So that's what I did. Turns out she loves to be petted, but she is so scared that she would hiss at me every time I stopped petting her for a second. I set her up in a little box for privacy, and plan to continue trying to socialize her tomorrow.
Other than that, I was getting some really weird vibes from the PIC (People in Charge), and I started getting paranoid that I was secretly in trouble for something that I was unaware of. I decided not to let it get to me; most likely they are just stressed about something else entirely and it doesn't have anything to do with me.
Oh, and I talked to several different people today.

SilentBird

I spent a lot of time with this tiny cat who is absolutely terrified. Until today no one has taken the time to just sit down and pet her. So that's what I did. Turns out she loves to be petted, but she is so scared that she would hiss at me every time I stopped petting her for a second. I set her up in a little box for privacy, and plan to continue trying to socialize her tomorrow.

Aw, that's sweet. :)

EscapeArtist

I really like this thread! :)
I helped out on reception at my voluntary work, even though I was terrified of the thought of it! felt horrible while I was doing it but feels like a little achievement now!

Nice! Over and through with, and stronger for it

Entangled

I did a short presentation in class today! Where it was just me talking for a few minutes.
I survived! :)

Phoenixx

I worked with a partner in Psychology today without feeling like a nervous wreck. Too bad it didn't last the whole day, but heck, I'll take an hour with no anxiety any day.