The positive thread

Ithior

Well one good thing that came out of my SA was that I gained weight.
Long story short, I had to start eating breakfast to avoid some of the manifestations of anxiety that I have (basically air moving around in my stomach). Most things make me nauseous that early in the morning but I managed to find something that doesn't. Only gained 2kg but that was enough to get me from underweight to normal weight.

springk

i am not so bad , i can be of some use , i need discipline and some hope.
i realize that so i have to work on it.
it doesnt matter i dont have close friends, i never open up and never can cause its so horrible inside. never know what to do.
only way out is working and accepting whatever life throws at me.
positive, not many but i m gonna work more and not procrastinate.

Phoenixx

I called my bank today to do a transfer without freaking out about it! If I knew it was as simple as it was, I would've taken care of it a long time ago and not kept putting it off. :eek:h: I almost always do these things in person because for some reason it's easier on my anxiety than calling.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I called my bank today to do a transfer without freaking out about it! If I knew it was as simple as it was, I would've taken care of it a long time ago and not kept putting it off. :eek:h: I almost always do these things in person because for some reason it's easier on my anxiety than calling.

Had a similar experience though it was relate to an electric guitar that ah had taken to musicial instrument store to get customised. Though, ah still can recall ma own mobile phone number from memory. :eek:h: So... that part was rather embarassing. But other than that: :thumbup:

And the conversation went well, since ah actually understood what the other guy was talkin' aboot - which rarely happens with me. Though it's nae surprise, really, when you've been playin' the guitar for 11 years. And the guy on the other end o' the phone, fixing ma guitar, was a fellow Scotsman, so ah didnae huv tae play doon ma accent or nothin'. A wee joke about the Scottish dialect there. :giggle:

krs2snow

I am filled with peace knowing that one day I will cease to exist.

This makes me very sad, indeed. However, I think I know just what u mean. It's exhausting dealing with ourselves every day. I differ from u tho in the thought that I won't exist. I may physically die but my spirit will be alive and well. Free :) Such a trajedy, tho, to be unable to enjoy & embrace this precious gift of Life that we have been given

neardeath

I didn't know geese were climbers until today. I saw a pair leading their goslings up a steep embankment next to a river. It was rocky, full of trees and other plants, and straight up. Do they take the young ones out for extreme workouts?

Yesterday a bald eagle landed within 150 feet from me. Immediately, a raven flew to it, yelling, "quorking," flapping its wings, and landing on the same branch where the eagle stood. The eagle responded with bird-of-prey shrieking, outstretched wings, etc. The raven's mate flew in from the lake and flew right over to help. The eagle flew away with one raven picking at its tail feathers in the air. Where was my camera? Coolest thing I ever saw in the woods of Minnesota. Incredibly loud, sensory experience.

laure15

Yesterday I helped my mother catch a medium-sized gecko and killed 2 mosquitoes. I was freaking out big time at first but together with my mother we formed a tag team to eventually catch that thing. Thankfully we didn't have to kill it, just put it in a bag. We both deserve a pat on the back for this heroic feat!

Biggle

I have some positive that i want to share... I have been struggeling with social phobia or many years... But in the later years i have been able to break some of the negative thoughts and habits and been able to make new friends, and function reasonably well with other people in job school situations.... I hope this can encourage other social phobia sufferes to see the light... i honestly didnt believe i was going to be better just a few years ago or that this would ever change but it did get better, the process was VERY SLOW though, so keep fighting i trul believe it can change for most people at leats.... I wish you all the best

Phoenixx

This thread needs more posts, so I'll add one.

Despite not applying for the job I wanted to today (due to various stupid reasons -- not having anything to do with me), the trip wasn't a complete waste as I originally thought it was. I managed to get out of the house entirely on my own, on a weekend afternoon no less, filled to the brim with aggravated summer drivers from construction and college move-in season, and I took the highway which I normally avoid like the plague. I put up with so many people today without having a panic attack, I'd say I did really well.

Plus I found a little privately owned natural foods/bulk store coming home today, and to make myself feel better, I stopped to check it out. Such an awesome little store, filled with really neat products. It was so pristine and it had the most gorgeous hardwood floors I've ever seen in a store or a home otherwise. I love supporting local businesses, so I picked up a few things I didn't exactly need at the moment, but will use anyway. While the woman was ringing my things up at the counter, I managed to compliment her store and told her I'd definitely come back again. (I often dread register conversations and such, it's one of the most awkward moments while shopping for me. I can never seem to say anything, just stand there.)

I pushed myself today, even though it was hard, and it feels good. *pats self on back*

MikeyC

I have some positive that i want to share... I have been struggeling with social phobia or many years... But in the later years i have been able to break some of the negative thoughts and habits and been able to make new friends, and function reasonably well with other people in job school situations.... I hope this can encourage other social phobia sufferes to see the light... i honestly didnt believe i was going to be better just a few years ago or that this would ever change but it did get better, the process was VERY SLOW though, so keep fighting i trul believe it can change for most people at leats.... I wish you all the best
This is a great post. :perfect: