The positive thread

twiggle

I just initiated a couple of conversations on Facebook chat (I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but normally I'm so scared to in case I don't get a reply...) Its definitely time to be proactive and not let my avpd get in the way of my friendships by making me seem unbothered about people and always waiting for them to get in touch first!

Hottie

I made a good decision... Instead of going mental partying of saturday on went to bed and went for lunch with my granny and grandad instead.

Very proud as party is my middle name

Hottie

I just initiated a couple of conversations on Facebook chat (I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but normally I'm so scared to in case I don't get a reply...) Its definitely time to be proactive and not let my avpd get in the way of my friendships by making me seem unbothered about people and always waiting for them to get in touch first!

What you said there made me think. I usually wait for someone to chat with me...but yet i want to be close with my friends again and i am holding back because of anxiety. I will be definitely be taking this point on board... Thanks!!

One thing.. how do you know if you have AVPD?? For some reason i think i have to but i havnt been diagnosed...

Feathers

I made a good decision... Instead of going mental partying of saturday on went to bed and went for lunch with my granny and grandad instead.

Very proud as party is my middle name

I'm proud of you too - and you're totally right to be proud of yourself too!!
grannies and gradpas are awesome, keep in touch with them while you still have'em!! :)

some people think AvPD and SA are basically one and the same thing, just different names.. there are some different opinions about it, there's some stuff online if you want to read it..
I see it that way: SA = only anxiety in social situations, AvPD: avoiding 'non-social' things too... (?) dunno if my view is 'right' or not, you could explore it further...

You are going to partys often?I have avpd and for me you doesnt sounds like you have avpd because you seems to be to social.

Well we don't know the full story. Yes, it does seem out of place for AvPD to head out and party. Might be an area of familiarity. A lot of AvPD sufferers do like routines.

Hottie

I'm proud of you too - and you're totally right to be proud of yourself too!!
grannies and gradpas are awesome, keep in touch with them while you still have'em!! :)

some people think AvPD and SA are basically one and the same thing, just different names.. there are some different opinions about it, there's some stuff online if you want to read it..
I see it that way: SA = only anxiety in social situations, AvPD: avoiding 'non-social' things too... (?) dunno if my view is 'right' or not, you could explore it further...

Thanks for the acknowledgement and supportive commments! Ye i know my gran and granda have not long left so i hope to visit more and show them my kindness, love and respect - as they very much deserve.

When you say 'non-social', can you please elorabate on it or post some example that may help me recieve a greater knowledge.

You are going to partys often?I have avpd and for me you doesnt sounds like you have avpd because you seems to be to social.

Yes i go partying every weekend. I only enjoy it because i get drunk and then relax. I could not attend a party if i wasnt drinking. Also, because i dont get out much the partys allow me to meet with friends and catch up on what ive missed out on...

Well we don't know the full story. Yes, it does seem out of place for AvPD to head out and party. Might be an area of familiarity. A lot of AvPD sufferers do like routines.

I have been doing this since i was 15. I am now 20, nearly 21, and it is the only thing i can enjoy. But as i previously mentioned, if i wassnt drinking for what ever reason, i could not attend.

Does anyone know a good site that will allow me to gain more insight? Or feel free to ask me any q's on my lifestyle, that may help me to understand.

Does anyone know a good site that will allow me to gain more insight? Or feel free to ask me any q's on my lifestyle, that may help me to understand.

What insight are you trying to find?
Are looking for advice on AvPD? Or something unrelated?
I am unsure.

DespairSoul

Yes i agree with Sial Dex. i think AvPD person can go some places where is routine as knowledge is safe not hurtful place where she/he can feel familiar and enjoy it.

Surrogate

I'm pretty ambitious and want to change a lot! (even though I don't end up doing so most of the time.. :D)

I also have a tough skin.. so all you trouble makers out there, come at me!

GoBlue72

I'm pretty ambitious and want to change a lot! (even though I don't end up doing so most of the time.. :D)

I also have a tough skin.. so all you trouble makers out there, come at me!

Why you yeller' bellied basterd! Yer' just full of piss n' vinegar, ain't ya? ::p:

I'm gonna' wipe that smile right off yer' face if ya' don't watch it! ;)