Something you really like but really suck at?

dyingtolive

Hi, anyone have any of these frustrations?

Well, one thing i always enjoyed was singing.... U know its easy to fool yourself when u dont record yourself lol...

Although i can see slight improvements if i keep practicing, i feel like i am just a hopeless case.. My vocal chords are just not build to sing. I wanna still keep trying though. Though dont know how disappointed ill make myself

dancingintherain

I really like to be a writer but yes..I really do suck at it. I've been trying to learn and practice for six years now. I put some online .. and got pretty bad reviews ;)

Gaucho

wow singing haha, i can't even sing the easiest melody, i can't even sing baby or kid songs!!

i love acoustic guitar and would love to start practicing it, i never played tho.

dyingtolive

i loved basketball too.. but becoz of SA, and not enough places to play... that became over..

Singing is one thing i think... either u cant or u can... kind of like physical appearance, height...

Gaucho

Im a die hard soccer fan but I couldnt kick a ball to save my life.

one of the only things in life i was really talented in, and only thing I'm a bit proud of. but it ended in nothing so its like i never had it, but at least when i see old friends or people i knew(trainers) they remember it and say compliments.some trainers told me i maybe could of ended semi pro or pro.
but back then i already had a fcked up mind and had many issues during matches, when i played bad i stopped running, i just couldn't run anymore, i felt so ashamed when i played bad, i had a feeling that everyone in the audience sees how bad i was, and even worse when my mother watched, i needed that acceptance and wasn't allowed to fail, which after all made me fail.
then in my last years i got many muscle and lung problems and i didn't enjoy it anymore what made my lose my passion.

Bustn Justin

For me I like to dance but don't dance very well.

As well have tried DJing electronic music at home but keeps messing it up.

Maybe I just neeed to stop whining and find a different approach to doing a hobby well.

DeadmanWalking

Fighting games. Oh so much::eek::.

I love watching those high-level combos and seeing those flashy specials, but I can't even do the motions for a simple special move, let alone memorize the input commands! It sucks because I'd really like to get better but I don't know how and I've seen some fighting games that I'd like to play like BlazBlue, Persona 4 Arena, and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Well, at least all three of them come with a Beginner Mode, so I can get better (hopefully). Now I just need a PS3::p:!

I also like to write like dancingintherain, but I fear that my writing may be horrible as well. But, dancingintherain? Not everyone can like your writing. That doesn't mean that you should stop:). Look at Stephanie Meyer for example. The amount of hate that Twilight gets on the Internet and is real life is staggering, but she still continues to write and her selling records are amazing. Maybe you're presenting your writing to the wrong demographic. (If you trust me enough::p:), I'd like to help you with yours, even though I don't trust my own writing.

It's not that I'm particularly ''bad'' at things, it's just that I have a slow mental response time. Meaning I can't quite handle myself in fast paced games or piano songs. I understand it, but just can't keep up mentally.

MikeyC

Others have mentioned writing, and I am the same. I'm not terrible at it, but I can't describe things properly and I lose motivation for it.