Shy, perhaps lonely, guys seem to like me

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
yes, because it beats liking a girl that's not just there, if you're a social butterfly.
Oh I much prefer women who aren't there. Not knowing where the hell they are or what they're doing gives them an air of mystery I find very attractive. :thumbup:

surewhynot

They are shy, you appear to them as shy, hence they project their emotions onto you (I'm lonely, so she must be lonely too, etc.) which causes them to infatuate over you.

What can you do about it? Try to make it clear that you're not interested, don't lead them on.

Quietguy11

This situation has happened to me twice. I'll be in a lab for school (labs are where you work at group tables to conduct experiments for a grade) and the quiet guy who sits directly next to me will start liking me. This happened first in physics lab, then the following semester in o chem lab. Now I don't flirt (neither do they) and both times I barely even spoke to the guys. I know it's not because they are physically attracted to me. It seems they like me simply because...I'm there. :idontknow: And female too. It's not exactly flattering. Then again, maybe girls get into relationships this way, I wouldn't know. So um has this happened to anyone else? Guys do you ever like a girl just because she's there and you're lonely? Sorry if this is a touchy subject...And I do look at everything scientifically, which I know many people dislike.

Some people have a natural prowess or charisma about them that naturally draws other people to them. A lot of guys, like me for instance, love girls who are a little shy but obviously intelligent and scientific. I use to have this charisma on me, and people would love being around me, I know this because they would always flirt and throw positive comments my way, but I found that I lost that energy. But I talk scientifically all the time... which I think would make me really like being around someone like you in real life. :)

I would like to have a shy boyfriend. He wouldn't make me feel pressured to go out all the time and would be able to understand my reluctance to do so. I also believe this would make him more sensitive and thus I would feel more comfortable talking to him.

Alejandra15

I'm a shy girl I prefer shy guys they're so mysterious and usually very intelligent.
intelligence attracts me, perhaps they feel the same towards you :)

Livemylife

Oh I much prefer women who aren't there. Not knowing where the hell they are or what they're doing gives them an air of mystery I find very attractive. :thumbup:
Very funny, wise guy. Yeah those invisible girls don't stand a chance when I'm around. :bigsmile:

They are shy, you appear to them as shy, hence they project their emotions onto you (I'm lonely, so she must be lonely too, etc.) which causes them to infatuate over you.

What can you do about it? Try to make it clear that you're not interested, don't lead them on.
Yeah that makes sense. I hate being confrontational. I wish they hadn't put me in the predicament to begin with, to be honest.

Some people have a natural prowess or charisma about them that naturally draws other people to them. A lot of guys, like me for instance, love girls who are a little shy but obviously intelligent and scientific. I use to have this charisma on me, and people would love being around me, I know this because they would always flirt and throw positive comments my way, but I found that I lost that energy. But I talk scientifically all the time... which I think would make me really like being around someone like you in real life. :)

Hm, I don't think I have charisma...I'm not social whatsoever. Even if I didn't have social phobia, I would not be very interested in flirting and the like. And I'm really not trying to draw people to me. As I've stated before, I try with all my power to go unnoticed. It's futile.

Still_Waters, Alejandra: That's the thing, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. I can hardly handle a social interaction with a cashier, let alone a relationship. Plus I'm much more uncomfortable around men. I'll get flack for that but whatever. I would never feel comfortable around a guy who just likes me because I'm the female next to him.

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
Hm, I don't think I have charisma...I'm not social whatsoever. Even if I didn't have social phobia, I would not be very interested in flirting and the like. And I'm really not trying to draw people to me. As I've stated before, I try with all my power to go unnoticed. It's futile.

Maybe they like you because you come off as unavailable. Sort of like how married guys are more attractive to women.

Livemylife

Maybe they like you because you come off as unavailable. Sort of like how married guys are more attractive to women.

I've heard of that before, it's the whole "thrill of the chase" thing. However, I'm pretty convinced by my conclusion on page 1.

Odo

Banned
I've heard of that before, it's the whole "thrill of the chase" thing. However, I'm pretty convinced by my conclusion on page 1.

Maybe they think it's a tragedy that you're so closed off, because in the very core of their being they know that you deserve to be happier and feel better about yourself, but you won't let yourself and it shows.

Maybe they feel a deep spiritual connection to you because they've gone through the same things and now they want others to get through it the same way that they got through it.

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Livemylife

Maybe they think it's a tragedy that you're so closed off, because in the very core of their being they know that you deserve to be happier and feel better about yourself, but you won't let yourself and it shows.

Maybe they feel a deep spiritual connection to you because they've gone through the same things and now they want others to get through it the same way that they got through it.

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Yikes, if that were true it's good I steered clear of those guys.

Quietguy11

Perhaps it's not charisma then, I just know that some people have a certain energy about them that people are attracted too, but it could be a number of things, it could be your voice, guys may be really attracted to it, or your looks, or both, or the way you conduct yourself in the lab. We never know how people view us, and what they are thinking. Everyone is attracted to different details about a person. Others like the quiet type who aren't full of themselves, because they think that people like that can give them a challenge. Some people really like being challenged. Others don't of course, but some do.

Livemylife

It's happening again! This one guy in lab--idk if he's infatuated with me or what--but he follows my every movement :veryangry: He watches me walk, work with equipment, talk, everything!! No it is not in my head, and he doesn't do that with anyone else. (I guess it would be hard to know what 2 people are doing every second for 3 hours.) I don't know what it is I'm doing ??? I can't drop another lab because of this. All I can do is pray I get over my hatred of staring. I'm not dead, I can see when someone is turning there head everywhere I move.

R3K

It's happening again! This one guy in lab--idk if he's infatuated with me or what--but he follows my every movement :veryangry: He watches me walk, work with equipment, talk, everything!! No it is not in my head, and he doesn't do that with anyone else. (I guess it would be hard to know what 2 people are doing every second for 3 hours.) I don't know what it is I'm doing ??? I can't drop another lab because of this. All I can do is pray I get over my hatred of staring. I'm not dead, I can see when someone is turning there head everywhere I move.

he might just be a girl-watcher, and you're the only girl he likes watching in there :idontknow:

EvilFlyingCow

This situation has happened to me twice. I'll be in a lab for school (labs are where you work at group tables to conduct experiments for a grade) and the quiet guy who sits directly next to me will start liking me. This happened first in physics lab, then the following semester in o chem lab. Now I don't flirt (neither do they) and both times I barely even spoke to the guys. I know it's not because they are physically attracted to me. It seems they like me simply because...I'm there. :idontknow: And female too. It's not exactly flattering. Then again, maybe girls get into relationships this way, I wouldn't know. So um has this happened to anyone else? Guys do you ever like a girl just because she's there and you're lonely? Sorry if this is a touchy subject...And I do look at everything scientifically, which I know many people dislike.

Sorry to break it to you:
The-Ugly-Truth.jpg

hangbi92

Livemylife, how would you like to be liked by someone? Like, what is your ideal way of falling in love? Do you like being liked by someone first or liking someone first?