Reasons Against Suicide

LoyalXenite

Was thinking it might be a nice idea to start a thread in which people post reasons they currently have not to kill themselves so that in your weak moments you can read back on yours and other's reasons for not giving up.

So here goes, my main reason for living is all of my pets. They need me to care for them, especially my eldest cat Spoty, who is 20 this year and has been with me for her entire life. So i could never leave her.

Because it's always worth waiting until the depression has passed to experience the good times that follow

Solo Dolo

Every single comment before mine collectively make up how I feel.

I have a dog that I love (although my gf or parents could care for it if I died)

I have people (although very few) who love me for whatever reason.

Yes, once the severe episodes of depression subside, there can be some (although seemingly few) good times that follow

And yes, I dont know that i actually want to die, but i just want to not have such a crappy, meaningless existence

coyote

change is inevitable - nothing ever stays the same forever

if it did, no one would ever grow old, no one would ever die or be born

Adam and Eve would still be sitting around in the Garden of Eden playing pinochle and feeding their pet dinosaurs

as bad as things are right this very moment in your life, they WILL NOT last forever

live to see tomorrow, when everything will be different

(better yet, make some positive changes in your life to help the process)

Flanscho

Well, the main reason for me would be thast I'd hurt my family and friends a lot. And I have no right to do that. Then I'm also an Atheist, so heaven or reincarnation? No chance. The only thing that would be there for me would be the end of my existence, forever. And there are few things worse than that. As long as I live, there is hope.

Kiwong

It doesn't matter how broken I am, my eyes still see
It doesn't matter how lost I am, my ears still hear
It doesn't matter what mistakes I make, I still sense the beauty in this world.
The natural earth expressing itself, reavealing its amazing detail,
to me its fortunate observer

And that makes life worth living.

change is inevitable - nothing ever stays the same forever

if it did, no one would ever grow old, no one would ever die or be born

Adam and Eve would still be sitting around in the Garden of Eden playing pinochle and feeding their pet dinosaurs

as bad as things are right this very moment in your life, they WILL NOT last forever

live to see tomorrow, when everything will be different

(better yet, make some positive changes in your life to help the process)

Gold-300x300.jpg

Listen to this man! :thumbup:

ukmale

My life anit that shit I want to kill myself but its shit enough to make me want to run away and join the legion lol ... Anyway even when I do feel at my lowest there's a amazing new movie or dying to watch the newsy ep of tv show I know when I'm low I'm gonna be high again and once you do die there's no coming back so maybe when I'm 40ish and all my family have gone maybe life will be soo shit I will end up taking my own life but at the mo I'm having fun making peoples lifes Hell lol joke

neardeath

I have a grandson and a family who loves me.

Someone would find my computer and realize how bad it's been for me.

My cat would cry for me and I would never be there with him again.

I would never hear the waves on the lake again.

I would never get to meet an online friend that I've known for five years. I am planning to go to Oregon to meet him this fall.

My dear friends who are all as depressed as I am wouldn't be able to count on me ever again!

LoyalXenite

Glad you are all posting on here :)
Your reasons for living are all very good.

Another couple of my reasons, is i made a promise to my now ex-fiance not to kill myself and i dont want to break a promise to her.

Also all the work i've put into getting myself into uni and sticking with uni would just be a total waste

Hoppy

On a bad day I've got a bad reason: I'm going to outlive the *******s.

On good days I've got a good reason: There is so many things I still want to do, and I am really looking forward to them.

xDreamseller

Everything is temporary.

Heard that in a film recently and it really connected with me. Changes your outlook on things. Amplifies enjoyment and reduces painful experiences.

Its a sin. Thats the only reason I can give and thats the only reason that stops me from doing this. I wish, it was not a sin :crying:

jaim38

because when you committed suicide, they win, and it still meaningless

You're right. Sometimes I thought about committing suicide just to show them "I don't care! I've had enough of this sh*t! Screw you all!" At least I showed them how much I dislike them, to the point where I'm willing to self destruct to escape them.

This feeling comes often in the past when I was wallowing in Hell in another city. I do have such feelings from time to time, but I find what helps is pointing it out, telling yourself, "I'm thinking suicidal thoughts", and the feeling will usually dissipate. Being in the present moment helps. It's usually the past that comes back to haunt me, and I realize my stopping myself from ruminating on the past, by nipping those past memories in the bud, I can stop myself from spiraling into deep dark negativity.

SmileMore

I suppose my Mum would miss me. I'm also scared of dying and if there's life after death. I still wish there was a quick and painless way of doing it though.

i have know one who loves me.
i have no pets or friends.

yes i have came close to suicide.

i am not scared of death.

what has stop me. there is that little but of hope. and what i am scared of it dying alone
(dying with out experience Love in all forms)