Reasons Against Suicide

Hope2013

A few months back I was at the lowest possible point ever. There was literally not a shred of hope left, in any way, shape or form. That was it, I was going to end it. so why am I here? Well I ask myself that now, I cannot believe I am, but I am. I didn't attempt it, I thought to myself just wait, death is forever, and you can kill yourself at any time, just give yourself a couple of days, if you still want to do it then do it then, just wait a little bit.
By just waiting out that short period things did change a little bit, I thought to myself why does it have to be now, knowing that I could do it whenever I wanted made me feel better, that allowing myself some time wouldn't hurt. So you know what things did get a little better, I have never felt that low again. And if I ever did I would think back to that time and realise that no matter how hard or hopeless things seem at the time, they can and do get better. That is my reason for not attempting/committing suicide.

aloneloner

Just wanted to add my opinion.
I was at my lowest point in life about 6 years ago, working night shift at an old folks home.
I was about to end it, but then I thought about everything in this life that I would not have experienced. Admittedly life isn't much better now, but I'm very grateful for the experiences I have been through since then.. I guess I'm just too curious about what happens to me lol. I know too little about this universe, I'm not ready to leave just yet :)

Capsaicin

Because everything terrible would have won, I'd have left suffering people behind I know I have the capacity to help, and I wouldn't have paved any paths out with what strength remains.

Marc7

Fear of feeling what death is really like, fear of feeling of never waking up, your family or close ones being depressed and getting negative attention, seeing your life get better.

IcedEarth25

About middle of last year one night I had the worst possible feeling ever, all of a sudden I felt the urge to die and let go of life, all my worst feelings ever suddenly exploited into a scene of pain, self pity and hatred against myself. Dunno how but about 24 hours later I pulled myself through it and became happy again and moved on. Thankfully I haven't felt that sensation again so far and hope I never will.

The main reasons against ending it all for me is my family and friends and music which has kept me afloat ever since.

PheonixBomb

Personally for me:

Once its done, its done, there's no reset or undo button.
The effect it would have on my family, especially my mother, who seems to love me more than I love myself
The music remixes that people do, it sounds silly, but I LOVE remixes. People are given a certain track and they turn it on its head to make something completely different and epic.

theoutsider

It's often a very final solution to a temporary problem.

Insurance won't pay in cases of suicide so your burial expenses are a burden on anyone who has to deal with it. Or, if you have a family, you leave them out in the cold with no money.

If you are doing it to teach somebody a lesson/revenge, it's not worth it. Whoever it is you are trying to get back at will either not care at all or will go along with their lives as normal in a short time.

The breakthrough that could change your life for the better could be right around the corner.

SoScared

“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”
― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

RegalSin

Their are tons of things to do on this planet before anything like that. Why not go down to City Council and watch people screw up the law. Go down to courts, clubs, outings. Anything before doing that. Almost anything people.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Finding it really hard to find reasons to care at the moment. I have people who care for me, I know that. It would hurt them terribly. I don't want to hurt them. Thats probably the only thing thats stopping me right at this moment.

I don't want to die. I'm just finding it harder and harder to cope with the pain when the darkness takes hold.