rate the last film you watched

The Thirteenth Floor [6.5/10]

This film was interesting, but as it progresses I didn't like certain things about it, it could have been better. The concept of the film reminds me of Inception.

F0AM

The_Boy-413957049-large.jpg

7/10

Not an excellent film but kept me entertained enough wanting to know what was going on

Odo

Banned
Tomorrowland

I really hate it when movies depict teachers as the kind of people who hate being challenged. I always imagine these writers as students in a classroom, trying to waste everyone's time and then getting upset because they're not the focus of the lesson. The worst part was when the main character asked about solutions to the world's problems... and the teacher didn't want to talk about it. Seriously???

And the thing about positive thinking saving the world... okay yes, don't give up hope, but the problem isn't a lack of optimism, it's stupidity.

Deplorable.

3/10 because the effects were good and the design was nifty.

grapevine

Looks like a good film above.

I saw 'Pan' with Hugh Jackman. Yeah it was a flop - but it was a nice fairytale family film that kept me entertained - I quite enjoyed it.

Odo

Banned
electric_boogaloo_poster_a_p113011.jpg

Really entertaining documentary... not sure how younger people will receive it, but I grew up with a lot of these movies and it was amazing learning how they all came to be.

8/10

Jessquietgirl

Life of Pi- 10/10 (The best movie I've watched so far in my opinion.)

Eternal Sunshine- 9/10

Perks of being a Wallflower- 2/10

That movie was just plain unrealistic and full of trashy stereotypes. I'm actually tired of the same quiet person swept with extrovert plot and able to do things they wouldn't normally do. Nothing new there.

Life of Pi and Eternal sunshine are both excellent. I hate the wallflower movie. Pure baloney. Also the stereotype about the nice girl going for the bad boy is enough to throw my TV out the window. What a load of crap.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Out-of-the-Shadows-1-600x937.jpg

7/10

Just saw this sequel tonight. While a vast improvement upon that awful predecessor, I'm kinda felt disappointed that they introduced Krang half an hour into it. No big reveal, no suspenseful build then payoff. Nuthin'!

That said, the writing was better, both in terms of story, jokes, and easter egg references. Like Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby playing in the background of one scene.

Megan Fox and Will Arnett were less annoying this time round. Laura Linney was surprisingly believable in her role, it felt weird. I mean, I know she was a police detective. But she made her character seem outta place, mainly because she played it straight for nearly the whole movie.

The action scenes felt a bit dragged out to me, though. But, it didn't ruin my enjoyment, overall. I did have a total "Oh... my... God! Yass!" :eek:
happy-dancing.gif
nerdgasm moment when the theme song from the 1980s TMNT cartoon played over the end credits. :giggle:

Hoppy

For some reason the entire Ninja turtle thing bypassed me completely. The only thing I have to remember it by is a dog. The neighbours had small kids, and when they moved the dog stayed with us. His name was Raphael.

Graeme1988

For some reason the entire Ninja turtle thing bypassed me completely. The only thing I have to remember it by is a dog. The neighbours had small kids, and when they moved the dog stayed with us. His name was Raphael.

^ That's weird, yet awesome... :bigsmile:

But, fair enough, to each their own. :thumbup: The Transformers completely passed me by as well. Ah guess it's because I grew up watching the late 80s Ninja Turtles cartoon religiously as a kid, and recently got intae the original black and white comic books.

grapevine

Cant remember what it was called, but it was about college students going to Peru to protest about logging and ending up crashing their light plane and then all but one being eaten or killed by cannibals.

It was horrible. Especially the gory scenes which was the whole film. One guy was eaten alive by a tribe just eating with their teeth- it was ridiculous and crude funny but also horror as well. I wouldnt reccomend it.

Graeme1988

Cant remember what it was called, but it was about college students going to Peru to protest about logging and ending up crashing their light plane and then all but one being eaten or killed by cannibals.

It was horrible. Especially the gory scenes which was the whole film. One guy was eaten alive by a tribe just eating with their teeth- it was ridiculous and crude funny but also horror as well. I wouldnt reccomend it.

It's this Eli Roth movie.

The_Green_Inferno_-_Official_Poster.jpg

otz_kare

^ I thought your avatar seemed familiar. I recently watched this too and really enjoyed it. A lovely balance of funny and touching.

To Mush,
Are you mentioning my avatar? If not, please forgive me, I'm not really sure how to communicte with people here..

Anyways, my avatar is from one of the scenes of ”last life in the universe”!
And your avatar is Setsuko Hara??
If so, this is really impressive :)

otz_kare

otz_kare

otz_kare, yes, sorry for any confusion. I watched "Last Life in the Universe" quite recently and recognised your avatar picture.

And yes, my avatar is Setsuko Hara, she had such a lovely smile. :)

Thanks for yr reply, Mush.
Cool that you also watched ”last life in the universe”.

And your avatar is so cool.
Setsuko Hara is Ozu's muse, and I like her too :)