rate the last film you watched

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
MockingJay part 2.

3.5 out of ten.

Too little happening for the first 3/4 of the film.

Before that (guys dont laugh!) The Notebook.
7 out of 10.
Actually a good story, well acted and cast.
Even if it was about a woman that screwed around on her husband :)

Last edited:

slimjim119

Fury with Brad Pitt 8/10. WW2 movie with an American tank crew during the invasion of Germany. I like war movies and I thought this was pretty good.

MollyBeGood

^Fury was a great movie

By The Sea 9/10

Most people won't like this movie. I loved this movie.
French, art film set in the 70's about relationships which aren't always fun and pretty.
Brad Pitt is pretty though, so is the scenery. Angelina Jolie acted and directed this and was also fantastic in it.

Odo

Banned
Point Break (2015)

I went to see this because my options were limited. Star Wars isn't here yet and it was either this or some Chinese Lord of the Rings clone that I wouldn't have understood or enjoyed even if I could.

There was actually a lot of really cool stunts, but the acting and dialogue was absolutely godawful and I hated everyone in this movie. Why couldn't they just hire real actors?

The 3D was also terrible. There were a lot of tasteless T and A shots which isn't sexist because buddy guy was also taking his shirt off all the time to reveal his extensively tattooed abs. The music was obnoxious and I don't know why people think that showing horrible people partying all the time is entertaining.

3/10

Last edited:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Point Break (2015)

I went to see this because my options were limited. Star Wars isn't here yet and it was either this or some Chinese Lord of the Rings clone that I wouldn't have understood or enjoyed even if I could.

There was actually a lot of really cool stunts, but the acting and dialogue was absolutely godawful and I hated everyone in this movie. Why couldn't they just hire real actors?

The 3D was also terrible. There were a lot of tasteless T and A shots which isn't sexist because buddy guy was also taking his shirt off all the time to reveal his extensively tattooed abs. The music was obnoxious and I don't know why people think that showing horrible people partying all the time is entertaining.

3/10

One of the annoying things about getting older is having to endure all the stupid remakes of films you loved as a kid.

MollyBeGood

The Revenant

Best movie I have seen in yrs! Actually might be up there now with my fave movie ever tbh.

Wow! Ok it is really hard to watch the scene with the Appy horse so be warned but other than that this movie was friggin Epic!

I want to see it at the theater for sure as the scenery and cinematography were incredible! What a story....I wish I could live in that world. I think I was a mtn man in my previous life 😋 it makes the modern world we live in look so dull. Those people were living, really living.

It reminded me of Jerimah Johnson, the movie with Robert Redford, on crack! Lol

Odo

Banned
The Force Awakens

I saw the 4th best Star Wars movie. So much of it made absolutely no sense, but whatever... it was fun.

7/10

Odo

Banned
Mad Max Fury Road

How exactly did this come to be nominated for so many Academy Awards? Or for that matter why did the feminists start trumpeting it as some sort of feminist masterpiece? It was just a lot of Australians shouting and grunting at each other, combined with people fighting on poles and jumping around on modified cars. Just because the excuse for doing that was a bunch of pregnant women doesn't mean there's some kind of political statement involved, and just because the heroine passes the sexism test doesn't mean she's a good character.

I have totally hit the wall with these stupid blockbuster movies.

5/10

worrywort

When Marnie Was There - 10/10

I'd really recommend this film to everyone here. It really hit right to the heart of me. It's about a girl who is an outsider. She has social anxiety and low self-esteem issues. But she meets a kind of imaginary friend, who loves her and she's able to finally release and work through some of the sadness inside of her. It's a studio Ghibli movie and is typically beautiful and sweet and unashamedly romantic. Sometimes the world can seem like such a cruel and harsh place, but the world inside these Studio Ghibli movies are so happy and lush and comforting, where all the people are so friendly. It's such a nice world to lose yourself in. Makes me wanna cry it's so beautiful.

Odo

Banned
Tangerine 8.5/10

Really funny and endearing... great characters. It was made with an iPhone 6 and is really trashy. Not as trashy as John Waters, though. I have never seen a movie like this before.

Ink 7/10

Really low budget sci-fi about 'the land of dreams'. The fight scenes are ridiculous, he couldn't afford good actors and the story is a little corny, but with a bigger budget this would have been amazing. The writing was solid, even if the cinematography was amateurish.

Spotlight- 6/10

There was absolutely no reason to make this story into a movie, and the characters were weak. It was sort of interesting to understand the story, though. It won best picture at the Academy Awards for some reason.

Pacific Rim - 2/10

WHY???

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Deadpool: 10/10

It was everything you'd expect from a Deadpool movie. It was very rated R, which actually is a pro in my book, it contrasts the other slew of comic book media out there right now nicely.

SilentAndShy

On a plane travelling recently and caught up with two films:

Legend - starring Tom Hardy as Reggie/Ronnie Kray - 8/10
As someone fascinated by the Krays and having read John Pearson's follow up book to the Profession of Violence, Hardy did a great job as both brothers. Everyone rightly noted his performance as schizophrenic Ronnie but I thought his role of Reg was slightly more better. Also, for me, I'm not sure the scene implying the rape of Frances is true as the book I read suggested they hadn't had a sexual relationship at all and the fight in the club between the two brothers..? But enjoyed it.

The Dark Knight Rises - 7.5
Hardy again excellent as Bane and Hathaway as Kyle. Scenes between Bruce/Alfred touching and yes, it was slightly long and the story a tad OTT towards the end but it didn't take away the enjoyment for me as the script-writing and the whole feel of the movie incorporated from the last two helped push aside any long-lasting grievances.

Nanita

Carol 3/10
Wow this was boring and stupid. No chemistry between the main chararacters. No real story or drama.