rate the last film you watched

Xervello

Searching for Sugarman. 10! One of the most uplifting, TRUE stories I've seen. Made me teary-eyed in a good way.

Phoenixx

Movies I've watched lately:

Dead Poet's Society - 9/10

One of the best movies I've ever watched. Definitely one of my top favorites. I just love it, and Robin Williams is fantastic. What really got me hooked on this film is the fact of how connected I felt to Todd. First time watching it, some scenes left me speechless because I felt like I was watching myself. (Yes it gave me high school flashbacks. Scary!) It's hard to find characters in movies that you can relate to so well. When you finally find one, you get pretty hooked.

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader - 7/10

This movie was a reminder of how long its been since I read the book. I actually was lost because I couldn’t remember much. :p (I never did finish the series, but I really should just start at the beginning again.) It was good though, much better than the previous film, Prince Caspian. Added bonus: A wonderfully soaked Ben Barnes in a see-through shirt at the beginning of the movie. ;) :giggle:

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 2/10

Do not even ask me what compelled me to watch this movie last night. I don't even know. I think someone told me once they thought it was stupidly funny, so I decided to give it a shot. Well, they were half right. It's pretty stupid, but definitely not funny. And some of the "jokes" I felt were just insulting. Ugh. :thumbdown:

Odo

Banned
I watched Sinister.

A lot of it was genuinely scary, which is a good thing for a horror movie… it was really conventional, but that's sort of the point with these kinds of things… I actually find high-quality 'thinking man's' horror movies really boring and not scary-- the point is atmosphere and tension, and this had plenty of both.

I wasn't really put off by anything in it and even though the lead character did a lot of profoundly stupid things, that again is one of the things that you need to suffer if you're going to make a good horror movie.

I give it 7.5 out of 10… the ending was no surprise and after what preceded it, it seemed more than a little tame.

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Voyage Of The Dawn Treader - 7/10

This movie was a reminder of how long its been since I read the book. I actually was lost because I couldn’t remember much. :p (I never did finish the series, but I really should just start at the beginning again.) It was good though, much better than the previous film, Prince Caspian. Added bonus: A wonderfully soaked Ben Barnes in a see-through shirt at the beginning of the movie. ;) :giggle:

I'm a bit nervous to watch Dawn Treader. My favorite part of the Narnia series is when the four Pevensie kids together and, if I remember correctly from the book, this is when Peter and Susan are no longer "allowed" to go back to Narnia.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I'm a bit nervous to watch Dawn Treader. My favorite part of the Narnia series is when the four Pevensie kids together and, if I remember correctly from the book, this is when Peter and Susan are no longer "allowed" to go back to Narnia.
^ Exactly right. It's just Edmund, Lucy, and their cousin.... Eustace...? I do prefer the four Pevensie siblings together, but this still wasn't a bad movie. Somewhat forgettable though, it's still not as good as The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe. I am waiting for them to release a Narnia movie that's just as good. (Not sure if they'll ever achieve that though, since TLTWTW was Disney.

OceanMist

I'm watching Dexter right now, Season 7 i think. I think the show is 8 out of 10 stars. I always look forward to watching it.

Odo

Banned
Cube

I hadn't seen this in a while but I remembered liking it when I saw it, even though the characters were annoying and the dialogue was painful. I still feel the same way about it. The concept is interesting and the design is cool… but that's about it. I found myself almost shouting 'shut up' at the screen quite a few times… it's hard to pick a least favorite character, but I'm going to have to go with the doctor… and that's over the condescending valley girl 'math genius' and the fascist bug-eyed cop. I'm not exactly anti-liberal and I probably would have agreed with her, but she was so obnoxious that I ended up hating her the most because she actually made me want to abandon my political beliefs just so I wouldn't have that in common with people like her. The only character I came close to liking was the nihilist… but even he had his crap moments.

I give it a 5/10.

Cube 2

I hadn't seen this film at all, but I think I liked it better than the first one. The characters were still pretty weak, and at least one of them was flat out annoying (the kid again)-- but the dialogue wasn't as bad (but was still bad) and the concept was slightly more interesting, even if it didn't really go anywhere or make a lot of sense. The characters this time were pretty much copies of the characters from last time, but they didn't say as many annoying things. The concept was cool again and they did manage to take the whole 'bunch of rooms' concept to the next level. I also liked a lot of the effects-- even though they were cheap they were at least interesting. But I'm willing to believe that I might have only liked this one more because I was so used to hearing the bad dialogue from the first one that I was desensitized.

I give it a 5.5/10.

Last edited:

davidburke

Cube

Cube 2

I hadn't seen this film at all, but I think I liked it better than the first one. The characters were still pretty weak, and at least one of them was flat out annoying (the kid again)-- but the dialogue wasn't as bad (but was still bad) and the concept was slightly more interesting, even if it didn't really go anywhere or make a lot of sense. The characters this time were pretty much copies of the characters from last time, but they didn't say as many annoying things. The concept was cool again and they did manage to take the whole 'bunch of rooms' concept to the next level. I also liked a lot of the effects-- even though they were cheap they were at least interesting. But I'm willing to believe that I might have only liked this one more because I was so used to hearing the bad dialogue from the first one that I was desensitized.

I give it a 5.5/10.

I really loved the first one. do you recommend i watch the sequels? I've heard they are terrible compared to the first one

upndwn

The Croods (2013) - IMDb 8/10

This latest Dreamworks animation movie depicts a family of cavemen in a clearly fantastical version of the prehistoric world. The animation is good, the characters are likable and the scenes are creative and colorful. The movie is also very funny and heartwarming. I definitely would recommend this movie to kids and adults alike.

mikebird

Banned
Watch CITADEL

it opens very well with increasing SA, paranoia... imperfect life
Don't expect it to finish perfectly

But it's worth every minute