Question for the single peeps

Ignace

Those 2 questions are in my top of most hated questions, so I'll just answer like I would in real life: Because I'm a no-life, and I don't care what you think of me.

What do you say to people when they ask you the following:
1) How come you don't have a bf/gf?
2) Why don't you find yourself a bf/gf?

1) stare at them, and if they are a girl ask if they're offering.
2) Why don't I have a lot of things I want in life. Why do you ask so many questions.

Fighter86

Well, I just act as if I'm attached without actually making references to a significant other since I don't actually have one. Seems to work for me, except when people ask me outright if I'm attached, which I hate, but would usually just answer truthfully. Actually happened on the first day of my current job, don't understand how people can be so rude sometimes, my colleague asked me outright on the first day of job on my first lunch ever with her, go figure :eek:

Fighter86

Besides, I think its plain rude when people ask, plain rude... because I never ever ask people about their marital status. If I'm curious to know, I would just observe the person. Like if a lady's married or attached, odds are she would be mentioning her husband/ boyfriend very often. If a male is frequently on the phone during lunch breaks and you can hear a female voice coming from the other end of the line, odds are he's taken. Simple as that, no idea why people have to ask if your attached, makes total no sense to me. I would lie and say i am, but then I don't want to be caught out in the lie and end up embarrassing myself so I just answer truthfully.

Fighter86

Furthermore, I have no idea why people, especially women always perceive being attached/ married as a gold standard and its unacceptable not to be. I've come across several ladies who have a significant other or were married by the time they were in their mid 20s, but I don't see them having a superior life as opposed to those who are not. I would like to imagine being unattached/unmarried as modern day attitude towards relationships because I personally have seen and met several people who obviously do not have problems attracting the opposite sex remaining single as a personal choice.

Richey

1) the girls i've been friends with want a "perfect" sort of guy.
2) my self esteem says to me "no girls would be interested in me" ...

that's a good question. I still haven't found an adequate reply that doesn't result in another round of questioning.

fitftw

1) My standards are impossibly high

2) My standards are impossibly high

IAMN

because she would stink up my trunk lying in there all day... evil joke ;) I remember telling a friend this when asked-- "first you get the money, then you power, then you get the woman"... i didn't do the accent.

EasySkankin

"I don't know"

Or, "I haven't found someone that I like enough yet" - people know I'm weird so they seem pretty satisfied with that question - as if I have rare tastes :p

TRRobin

1)Because guitar fills that void. :D
2)Because guitar fills that void. :D

Actually honest truth is it's a combination of 2 things:

I don't think I have very desirable genes, so I think it would be selfish to spread em.
Also selfishly, I think I'm better than everyone else. Yup :).

Last edited: