Project 365

Silatuyok

I'm thinking about starting a Project 365, which involves taking (at least) one photo a day and posting it to a blog or other photo sharing site.
Has anyone else done this? What were your experiences and thoughts about it? I'm eager to start, but I feel like I should wait until January 1, or maybe my 30th birthday, just to feel like I'm getting off to a fresh start.
Feel free to share any 365 projects you've done or ones that you follow.

Hoppy

I started of with one on 1 January, and I stopped it at the end of February.

In the end for me the main hassle was downloading the pictures and posting every day. Next time I would take a week's pictures and then do a bulk posting on the sunday, reducing the daily hassle. And I started to rush the pictures. I grabbed the camera in the afternoon and take a few snapshots without any thought to quality.

I am sure the blog is still somewhere, if you find it let me know. :)

Silatuyok

I started of with one on 1 January, and I stopped it at the end of February.

In the end for me the main hassle was downloading the pictures and posting every day. Next time I would take a week's pictures and then do a bulk posting on the sunday, reducing the daily hassle. And I started to rush the pictures. I grabbed the camera in the afternoon and take a few snapshots without any thought to quality.

I am sure the blog is still somewhere, if you find it let me know. :)

Yeah, the pain of uploading images every single day does not appeal to me, but then again I waste too much time on the computer everyday already, so why not waste it doing something worthwhile?

Flanscho

Do it if you like to. However, IF you decide to do it, I'd start as soon as possible, because such projects become more interesting the longer they run, so every day that passes without a photo makes the project a bit less interesting. :)

Kiwong

I reckon it might be fun, and a good record of life, that will save some memories.

This local photographer did it.

Project 365 | Ian Spagnolo Photography

I tend to keep an eye on the clouds and go out when they are promising. On cloudy days I photograph wildflowers.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

I've never done this, but have always wanted to. I think it's so neat and I hope someday I'll find the motivation to do it. :) I'd probably start January 1st too, just because it's a fresh start to me.

I DID get the motivation to do the yearly jar thing, where you fill up a jar with all the positive things that happen throughout the year. I didn't write down every little positive thing that happened to me, but I tried my best to write down most and I definitely wrote down the more major positive things that did happen for me, with dates included.

Silatuyok

I DID get the motivation to do the yearly jar thing, where you fill up a jar with all the positive things that happen throughout the year. I didn't write down every little positive thing that happened to me, but I tried my best to write down most and I definitely wrote down the more major positive things that did happen for me, with dates included.

Words cannot express how much I love this idea.

Silatuyok

I've decided to make my original idea a bit more ambitious, and instead do a 3652 Project. Starting on my 30th birthday (coming up), and posting a photo a day, for every day of my 30s. :)
Okay, I might be a little manic right now, and tomorrow afternoon this is going to sound like an impossible undertaking. But I think it would be really cool to give it a try! Go big or go home, right?

MikeyC

I've decided to make my original idea a bit more ambitious, and instead do a 3652 Project. Starting on my 30th birthday (coming up), and posting a photo a day, for every day of my 30s. :)
Okay, I might be a little manic right now, and tomorrow afternoon this is going to sound like an impossible undertaking. But I think it would be really cool to give it a try! Go big or go home, right?
Noah takes a photo of himself every day for 12.5 years - YouTube

Phoenixx

^ How in the world did he keep that up for 12.5 years?? I didn't watch the whole thing, skipped ahead a bit, but it was pretty interesting to see the transformation.

^ Sounds ambitious, but I hope you get the motivation to keep this up. Would be really cool to look back on. :thumbup:

MikeyC

^ How in the world did he keep that up for 12.5 years?? I didn't watch the whole thing, skipped ahead a bit, but it was pretty interesting to see the transformation.
Yeah, it takes dedication to do the same thing for 12 years, no break. :)

Silatuyok

Okay, after much frustration and experimentation I finally settled on tumblr as the perfect venue for my Project 3652. I want it to be as simple and easy as possible to maintain, so this site is way better than any other that I've looked into. Here is the link if you would like to follow:
Project 3652
If you are seeing this on Saturday and wondering why there is nothing on it: never fear--it starts on Sunday, which is my 30th birthday.
:)

Phoenixx

Okay, after much frustration and experimentation I finally settled on tumblr as the perfect venue for my Project 3652. I want it to be as simple and easy as possible to maintain, so this site is way better than any other that I've looked into. Here is the link if you would like to follow:
Project 3652
If you are seeing this on Saturday and wondering why there is nothing on it: never fear--it starts on Sunday, which is my 30th birthday.
^ Following. :thumbup:

MikeyC

Project 3652
Hey, cool! If I had a Tumblr I would follow this. Good luck with this ambitious project! :thumbup: