Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I wish those of us left on this site a merry Xmas. I hope you enjoy time with your loved ones.

On Xmas eve I'll be watching the launch of the James Webb telescope.. I really hope all goes well. It's an amazing piece of human engineering that will allow us to understand the universe like never before. Fingers crossed 🤞

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I just found out that Paul McCartney is responsible for one of the xmas songs that I can't stand. "Wonderful christmas time".
I hear it almost on repeat in the supermarkets.. but never realised who wrote it. That man should be hung, drawn and quartered for it.

Phoenixx

A couple weeks back I should've made a few phone calls. So naturally I procrastinated because I didn't want to and also anxiety and now I have a list of phone calls to make because of appointments and such which is like an impending doom leaving me in a bad mood already this morning. Why do I do this to myself? 🤦‍♀️ Better yet, why can't places just have online appointment schedules for everything so I don't even have to bother to talk on the phone?

Phoenixx said:
Better yet, why can't places just have online appointment schedules for everything so I don't even have to bother to talk on the phone?

And you'd think it'd save them money to let us sign up online instead of paying receptionists to put us through torture. 20 years ago I really thought phoning for appointments would be a thing of the past by now.

I've been putting off a dentist appointment for years that I would've made if I could've done it without a call.

I've had virtually nothing to do at work for the last week. I work for a school district in a small town, so I should expect that sometimes, but my god does it get boring. It's a pretty laid-back work environment (which I've needed after the last couple places I worked 😣), but not so laid-back that I would be comfortable working on my own stuff just to pass the time. Granted, my direct supervisor barely knows what I do anyway.

I'm thinking about breaking some things so I can fix them.

SilentAndShy

A couple weeks back I should've made a few phone calls. So naturally I procrastinated because I didn't want to and also anxiety and now I
A couple weeks back I should've made a few phone calls. So naturally I procrastinated because I didn't want to and also anxiety and now I have a list of phone calls to make because of appointments and such which is like an impending doom leaving me in a bad mood already this morning. Why do I do this to myself? 🤦‍♀️ Better yet, why can't places just have online appointment schedules for everything so I don't even have to bother to talk on the phone?

It's something I struggle with, building up anxiety before it and not delivering on a fluent phone call.

At work, I do procrastination for a little while until I realise I have to do this soon. I try to do it first thing to get it out of the way then I try to time it so I'm either alone or less people are in the office open space. As I'm conscious how other people may hear the stumbles, uncertainty and muttering when I make those calls I am hesitant to do.

I try to think "what's the worst that could happen?" and try to fake it a little bit with my "cheery" phone voice.

I would rather do emails than have to call or do a virtual call - eek!

Sammie_Kay

Most of the time I am good with not having any friends/ not really having many conversation with anyone besides when I am at work. But hearing my fiancé type to his friends multiply times a night with multiply people is making me a little jelly. How come it is so easy for people to have conversions. Some times I wish being social would come easy to me.