Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Sammie_Kay

Such beautiful weather this week and I can't seem to get outside to actually enjoy it because I have so many god damn things to do inside to catch up on. When am I going to be rich enough to just hire a permanent live-in maid? :unsure: Better yet, where are the robots that are supposed to do the cleaning? I need my own Rosie.
I started a five minute clean up routine where I set my alarm for five minutes. You should try to do that but instead of cleaning you should sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. It has been nice where I am at but I been stuck at work.

Sammie_Kay

Work was good today but I feel like I didn't do enough at work. I have my list and I got everything done but I still want to do more. I always feel like I am letting my manager down. Even tho I know I am not and it is all in my head. The other day my store manager asked if I wanted to move to a different role. I know it was just her trying to get all the jobs filled but its been kind of bugging me.I feel like they don't think I am doing well in my current role. I wish It would be easy to tell my mind to shut up and move on but I cant seem to do that. Its kind of like I like to punish myself.

Starting "working out" saturday , sunday and today all got some sorta of exercise in. I am hoping to keep it up. Hoping it helps me get in to shape.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
My love/hate relationship with Walmart continues. I hate going in there, but the good thing is it's a great place to shop when you don't give a rip what you look like. I cut grass all morning yesterday, and on the way back home I needed to grocery shop...there was no way in heck I was going in Target with dirt and grass clippings all over me, sweating like a hog, so Wally got my business... and how. I looked like I'd been buried alive and it took me 3 days to dig out. At least I didn't have to drive all the way back home to clean-up and change clothes first though, ha ha.

Phoenixx

My love/hate relationship with Walmart continues. I hate going in there, but the good thing is it's a great place to shop when you don't give a rip what you look like. I cut grass all morning yesterday, and on the way back home I needed to grocery shop...there was no way in heck I was going in Target with dirt and grass clippings all over me, sweating like a hog, so Wally got my business... and how. I looked like I'd been buried alive and it took me 3 days to dig out. At least I didn't have to drive all the way back home to clean-up and change clothes first though, ha ha.
Mr. Phoenixx works construction and has stopped into nicer stores - like Target and Wegmans here - on the way home from work before. He has told me the looks people have given him when stopping at those places when he looks like he's been playing in a dirt pile mixed with grease and oil all day. 😂 He just says he smells like money. 🤣 But yeah, in Walmart nobody gives a hoot nor do you get weird looks because everyone looks odd in that store! 😆

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Mr. Phoenixx works construction and has stopped into nicer stores - like Target and Wegmans here - on the way home from work before. He has told me the looks people have given him when stopping at those places when he looks like he's been playing in a dirt pile mixed with grease and oil all day. 😂 He just says he smells like money. 🤣 But yeah, in Walmart nobody gives a hoot nor do you get weird looks because everyone looks odd in that store! 😆
I'm curious.. do Americans consider Target a 'nicer store'/ more upmarket? Or is Walmart really that bad? I've seen things on the internet about Walmart but considered it to be like a K-mart. Which in Australia K-mart and Target are basically the same and thought to be Australia's Walmart..lol.

I'm curious to hear both Phoenixx and Fountain's point of view on this (or anyone else who lives in the U.S.)

PugofCrydee

Target is more expensive and they have higher-paid staff and more aesthetically pleasing stores.

The higher prices keep the riff-raff away, I call it the "Target Tax."

I would've quoted your post Pug, but this Tablet is so temperamental.
Ah I see.. are the goods better quality at Target compared to Walmart?

MollyBeGood

Their(Target) prices are a bit higher than Wallyworld but it’s hardly noticeable usually and there’s less people there normally so it’s not a fiasco like shopping at Walmart can be insane just finding a parking space! K-Mart is worse than Wallyworld but comparable has less shoppers and is dumpy plus the employees are rough. That’s been my experience anyways. I like to go to a 24 hr Super Walmart at midnight to 3am when feasible. Huge store and no people except for those stocking the shelves. You can find everything there for the best prices.

Phoenixx

@PugofCrydee yes, Target is definitely a nicer store than Walmart. Like Fountain said, they are pricier but they have better goods too. I personally love their home goods and decor. 😍 They don't have as much of a selection of groceries like Walmart does (or at least my local Target doesn't) but with what they do have they are usually healthier and/or better quality brands along with your typical name brand junk foods at usually a higher price.

Walmart is usually pretty bad, but of course stores vary depending on where you live. I know my local Walmart is pretty clean and is an overall nice looking store even if I hate the corporation in general. But if I go 20 mins the opposite direction to the other Walmart, that one isn't nearly as nice and it's smaller. Walmart is always known nationally to attract some interesting types of people, mainly due to their extremely low prices and wide variety of cheapo goods.

We used to have Kmarts in the surrounding areas where I live, but many went out of business entirely a few years back. I really don't know if any still exist in other states...? 🤔 I'm sure they must, but I know the very few Kmarts we had are completely gone now. Kmart was no better than Walmart imo. Perhaps even worse since their selections were a lot smaller than Walmart, yet their prices I found to be higher on a lot of things.

PugofCrydee

Interesting, thanks guys :)

Here in Oz Kmart's are considered your basic el' cheapo store. (reminds me so much of the cloud 9 store on Netflix's 'superstore lol).
Everything's cheap, it all comes from China but quality and reliability doesn't hold up.
I don't go there often at all these days, mainly because of the quality of goods but also because most of it comes from China. I'm trying to avoid buying Chinese products these days due to the way the Chinese government is treating Australia currently.

Phoenixx

I thought about traveling an hour north to do some shopping just to get away from things and destress a little, but my anxiety is through the roof today. 😣 I try not to do any long distance driving if my anxiety is really bad, for fear of making mistakes while driving and something bad happening. Besides it's going to be another 90 degree day today and I didn't get much sleep thanks to said anxiety. It's probably best I stay home anyway and only do my usual 20 min trip grocery shopping. 😐😕

SilentAndShy

I had an anxiety spell last week due to nervousness in my driving and family moments, and I was uncommunicative and grumpy towards my family since yesterday when I apologised and think it was semi-accepted by my wife.

But next day, kids become unsettled and miscommunication leads to another period where I am now again, moody and angry. I really hate myself for what I put my wife and kids through - they deserve so much better.

Phoenixx

I thought about traveling an hour north to do some shopping just to get away from things and destress a little, but my anxiety is through the roof today. 😣 I try not to do any long distance driving if my anxiety is really bad, for fear of making mistakes while driving and something bad happening. Besides it's going to be another 90 degree day today and I didn't get much sleep thanks to said anxiety. It's probably best I stay home anyway and only do my usual 20 min trip grocery shopping. 😐😕
I guess today didn't wind up being so bad after all. I had to take two naps to make up for the lack of sleep, but so far already today I managed to get my grocery shopping done, clean about half of my disaster of a kitchen, wash a crapton of dishes, try out a new chicken recipe for dinner, and trim the mock orange bush outside that desperately needed it. I'm hoping to get a few more things done before I'm settled for the night.

I'm past the age where I can implement changes that will be long lasting and this is what I have to make the best out of.
I've changed so much since I was 34, just from experiences and knowing more people. And learned basically all my social skills since turning 30. Couldn't even make eye contact back then.

Personally I find it easier to change now than earlier in life, because into the mid 20s you're stuck on an age track where society insists you progress a certain amount each year. Once you get to the big middle part of life nobody cares how old you are anymore and you can take your time to work on what's important to you instead of struggling to not fall further behind peer progression.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Today was such a long busy day. I'm glad it's over, but it just added to my stress level for this whole month. So much so I stress cried nearly the whole drive home from work, and now I'm sitting on my couch, in the dark, sipping a bottle of wine just to get myself to relax. I really just need to go to bed.

Phoenixx

Feeling pretty good today. Last night the Hubs and I went out to our first movie in over a year. Of everything that shut down during the pandemic, having no theaters was the only thing that bothered us. Went to see A Quiet Place Part II. That was excellent!

We also were able to do all this mostly maskless. We started out wearing masks until we were able to keep more than 6 feet between people, then we went without. I'm fully vaccinated and he just got his first dose 2 weeks ago. Once we got to our seats, we took off our masks and when the movie was over we sat and waited til just about everyone had left, then we left without having to put our masks back on. Thankfully there wasn't too many people out last night, so I didn't even feel too worried going without a mask that long, even despite being vaccinated. Theaters are also only at 50% capacity anyways where I live.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I keep wearing a mask even though I don't have to now.

AlarmingScentedAoudad-size_restricted.gif