Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I got called a nerd by a SoundCloud musician (an American) last night - 24 hours after they'd asked me to give them feedback and comment on one of their song. They must've spent the whole of Saturday coming up with their response, Why did I get called a nerd ye ask? All because I dared to say I was too keen on their vocal performance. The horror! Best laugh I've had since one of my guitar ideas managed to get to the top of the SoundCloud Metal playlist.

What an overly sensitive c__t! If ye can't bear the thought of someone not liking yer music, don't put it out or asked people to critique it. In fact, just quit altogether if yer that thin-skinned. I mean, fuck, it could've been worse. Ah could've been extremely cruel and just responded saying: Fuck me! That's worse than Ed Sheeran. 😆 Just because yer friends and family are blowing smoke up yer arse telling ye that yer so talented doesn't mean people who don't know you from Adam are also going to agree with that sentiment. Just sayin'... I'm not hurt being called a nerd. That's actually an accurate description of me. I just don't get why Americans still use the term "nerd" as an insult? 🤔

Miserum

I got called a nerd by a SoundCloud musician (an American) last night - 24 hours after they'd asked me to give them feedback and comment on one of their song. They must've spent the whole of Saturday coming up with their response, Why did I get called a nerd ye ask? All because I dared to say I was too keen on their vocal performance. The horror! Best laugh I've had since one of my guitar ideas managed to get to the top of the SoundCloud Metal playlist.

What an overly sensitive c__t! If ye can't bear the thought of someone not liking yer music, don't put it out or asked people to critique it. In fact, just quit altogether if yer that thin-skinned. I mean, fuck, it could've been worse. Ah could've been extremely cruel and just responded saying: Fuck me! That's worse than Ed Sheeran. 😆 Just because yer friends and family are blowing smoke up yer arse telling ye that yer so talented doesn't mean people who don't know you from Adam are also going to agree with that sentiment. Just sayin'... I'm not hurt being called a nerd. That's actually an accurate description of me. I just don't get why Americans still use the term "nerd" as an insult? 🤔
Sounds immature. Guess they weren't prepared for some constructive criticism.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sounds immature. Guess they weren't prepared for some constructive criticism.
I guess so. Still, it was very immature to resort to name-calling. I mean, I never actually said I disliked the song that they'd asked me to comment on. I just said that I wasn't keen on the vocals and thought they weren't as good as the other parts of the song. A bit weird to ask for someone to give their opinion, then you go in the huff when you don't get told: "Aw, it's great, man! Best song I've heard in ages...

Makes me why some folk make music? Ah mean, you'd need to be really insecure about yer abilities as musician and song-writer if the slightest criticism triggers ya.

Ah also make music, and usually, I'll get my family's perspective; or I'll post on the thread I created here to get some feedback. Since I appreciate getting other folks perspective, whether it's positive, negative or indifferent. But ah don't ask for their opinion because I'm seeking validation. If ah didnae think I was that good a composer or musician, ah wouldnae be putting my music out there for folk to hear.

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Took a walk around the yard this evening to see all the flowers and plants coming up so far. All 18 cloves of garlic I planted in the fall are starting to grow, which is awesome considering this is my first time ever growing garlic. 😁 The hostas I planted on the side of the house last year have also spread themselves out and are coming up! I'm really happy about that (and a little puzzled) considering I nearly killed them last year. Last summer I had bought two plants, put them out in front only to realize it was too sunny and dry for them. I transplanted them to the side of the house, then they proceeded to get whacked when Hubs was weeding. 😭 Didn't see much of them at the end of summer last year, so I presumed they died lol. Really not sure how they didn't, but glad to see them back and thriving better!

Phoenixx

One of the best feelings is when you're leaving a job that has been a pain in the neck and realizing it's no longer your problem. Hope the next one is much better for you.
The feeling has finally started sinking in tonight, and yes I am feeling so much relief. It's also sad in a way though. I have never left a job because of the work, and I didn't really hate what I did. I have always left because of the people and/or the pay. In this case it was both unfortunately. But alas, I'm looking forward to moving on! I really do hope the people are better. I hope I can actually feel a connection somewhere too and that 6 months from now I won't have days where it still feels like my first day.

SilentAndShy

It must be so amazing for someone, with anxiety, to have a person they can go to without judgment for help, advice, guidance on a task/situation that gives them anxiety and to actually get that support.

I don't have anyone so these tasks that give me anxiety, I leave to procrastinate, and the outcome - most of the time - isn't great.

I think I would be happy paying someone for this support 😄, if anyone is interested, drop me a DM 😄

Miserum

The feeling has finally started sinking in tonight, and yes I am feeling so much relief. It's also sad in a way though. I have never left a job because of the work, and I didn't really hate what I did. I have always left because of the people and/or the pay. In this case it was both unfortunately. But alas, I'm looking forward to moving on! I really do hope the people are better. I hope I can actually feel a connection somewhere too and that 6 months from now I won't have days where it still feels like my first day.
How's the new job so far?

Phoenixx

How's the vacation so far?
Pretty good. It was very much needed, although it hasn't totally felt like a vacation. Unfortunately yesterday I spent much of the day on the road and on the phone. Started the day having to get a pre-employment covid test, then wound up having to rush our senior dog that lives with my in-laws to the vet as she somehow wound up with a bout of pancreatitis and managed to have another episode of back pain to go with it. (Being over 15 now, her arthritis is pretty bad and it's presumed she has a calcified disc in her lower back which is why she has these painful episodes every so often and we have to really watch her movements.) Thankfully she's doing a little better today, but she gave us a scare. I stayed home today and was able to get the majority of cleaning and organizing done that I wanted to do yesterday.

Miserum

Pretty good. It was very much needed, although it hasn't totally felt like a vacation. Unfortunately yesterday I spent much of the day on the road and on the phone. Started the day having to get a pre-employment covid test, then wound up having to rush our senior dog that lives with my in-laws to the vet as she somehow wound up with a bout of pancreatitis and managed to have another episode of back pain to go with it. (Being over 15 now, her arthritis is pretty bad and it's presumed she has a calcified disc in her lower back which is why she has these painful episodes every so often and we have to really watch her movements.) Thankfully she's doing a little better today, but she gave us a scare. I stayed home today and was able to get the majority of cleaning and organizing done that I wanted to do yesterday.
I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Always hurts to watch a pet in pain. :(

On the bright side, sounds like otherwise you got a lot done today. Tomorrow maybe you can rest a bit more. :)(y)

lily

I had a nice day on Easter Sunday, a nice walk on a nice, sunny day and on the day Jesus has risen! but today wasn't so nice :( it was ok, that some things were accomplished