Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

I wish there was someone who could truly understand my anxiety issues. My wife, has listened as I've tried to explain all the reasons why we don't do things compared to other couples and how we raise our children, yet I think deep down she still feels I've got to do it without fail. Sometimes having someone who experiences similiar problems can provide more encouragement perhaps, idk,
It's hard explaining your issues to a spouse who doesn't necessarily understand. I feel like if someone doesn't understand then the less likely they are to listen or know how to offer support and thus they kind of shut down or don't know what to say. My husband is one of these people. He's lucky to have never had any issues with depression or anxiety. He's a simple introverted guy who takes things as they come. He doesn't worry about things that are out of his control. I really don't know how he does it. He doesn't understand why I have the issues I do, no matter how many times I've explained my past. He knows my upbringing wasn't perfect, but again, knowing that still doesn't allow him to understand exactly how I feel. I wish I could make him understand so he could comfort me better, but I can't. I just let him know how I feel and he just listens. He doesn't know what to say or do, so he stays quiet and often just holds me or hugs me and lets me rant or cry. Sometimes I wish he would know what to say to make me feel better, but I need to learn that it's not his responsibility and it's not fair to try to place that responsibility on him either. I need to figure out my own problems and how to deal with them. It's been a lifelong battle and I think it always will be.

Phoenixx

The amount of unprofessionalism I'm encountering with all these job searches and interviews has been an absolute joke. Ghosted, dates screwed up, no common courtesy to even thank me for my time. Talk about frustrating. :rolleyes:(n):mad:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
It was bound to happen.

Every night I rinse my coffee cup out and place it upside down in the Keurig so it won't get dusty. Well, this morning I fired her up and brewed the whole thing into an upside down mug.

Coffee all over the place.

What's worse, it's not the cheap, generic, "Donut Shop" brand; it's my precious Pike's Place Roast, that stuff's pricey! :(

Miserum

It was bound to happen.

Every night I rinse my coffee cup out and place it upside down in the Keurig so it won't get dusty. Well, this morning I fired her up and brewed the whole thing into an upside down mug.

Coffee all over the place.

What's worse, it's not the cheap, generic, "Donut Shop" brand; it's my precious Pike's Place Roast, that stuff's pricey! :(
Seems you've been having domestic trouble with coffee lately. :LOL:

Phoenixx

Oh my gosh we can react to posts properly now too! So if someone's having a crap day, or is miserable, instead of liking it and coming across as we like that that person is having a crap day (I know that's not how it's interpreted, but that's what it looks like to me whenever I like someone's negative post. :LOL:) we can sympathize better. :) It's like FB now except you don't have to worry about your racist uncle coming to track your posts and add in his two-cents about politics. :LOL:👀

Phoenixx

Currently looking through my online playlists and trying to decide what albums I want to buy. Towards the end of every year I take all the Google rewards I earn throughout the year from taking surveys and purchase music before the rewards expire, usually an album or two. I don't earn much, but all the little cents add up. (y)

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I got an email from Goodreads informing me that someone started following my reviews which I thought was interesting, and upon further investigation it turned out to be a bot from a sex site. I've concluded this means either A) Sex bots have widened their base to men on Goodreads, as everyone knows there's a high correlation between being well-read and susceptibility to sex scams or B) The Sex bots have gained sentience, and have decided to broaden their horizons by exploring the world of literature.

I personally prefer the second conclusion, as it would be a result of my literature insights and not my perceived loneliness as a book reader. 🤓

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Something happened when I was walking Gus today that has not happened in 15 years...

A girl driving-by slowed down and gave me a "Whoo!" :LOL:

awesome.gif