Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Miserum

Been thinking the same thing myself for a while. I mean, I still try to remind myself how far I've come in the last 5 years, but there's just some things that I feel like I can't do on my own at all and need someone to help me do it. In a way, it makes me feel like a child still at 27. It sucks. "Just doing it." isn't always an option when your brain can't comprehend handling such a supposedly "simple" task. It really makes me hate myself at times and feeling like an incompetent pile of garbage. :(
Just remember that despite everything, you still have goats to come home to. I wish I had goats. Well, maybe just A goat. More than one goat seems like a lot of goats. Though, I'd also have a chicken friend for that goat so they wouldn't get lonely.
tenor.gif

Phoenixx

Just remember that despite everything, you still have goats to come home to. I wish I had goats. Well, maybe just A goat. More than one goat seems like a lot of goats. Though, I'd also have a chicken friend for that goat so they wouldn't get lonely.
tenor.gif
Goats are primarily herd animals and extremely social, so it's not best to own only one as they get lonely very quickly. Or if you do own only one, best to keep with other close herd animals like sheep and cows. I currently have 4 goats, two females and two kids (kids are getting ready to be sold this week). I like to think of them as dogs with hooves lol. Very friendly, love people, and they love to talk. Or maybe more like sociable cats with hooves as they love climbing as well. :unsure:

I have chickens too, got them back in April. No roosters right now as I wasn't planning on incubating eggs or raising chicks. Maybe someday, but not this year. Just hens since I only wanted eggs. I still have yet to get any eggs though. Getting close, hopefully by next month.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Even talking to sympathetic friends, trying to explain what Avoidant Personality Disorder is like is impossible. They just can't wrap their head around the irrationality of it. My brain doesn't learn from experience the way yours does. People never stop being monsters to me. I start from zero every time I walk out the front door.

Phoenixx

Talking really does help sometimes.

I've always been a stoic when it comes to opening-up to people IRL, but there is something to it.
I know this and yet I still manage to close myself off most of the time because I just think, "Why do I want to bother anyone with my issues? No one wants to hear me complain." So I keep my mouth shut.

Even when I want to generally talk to friends and family I haven't spoken to in a while, I won't bother contacting them because I just think, "They're probably too busy. I don't want to interrupt or bother them. They have better things to be doing."

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I know this and yet I still manage to close myself off most of the time because I just think, "Why do I want to bother anyone with my issues? No one wants to hear me complain." So I keep my mouth shut.

Even when I want to generally talk to friends and family I haven't spoken to in a while, I won't bother contacting them because I just think, "They're probably too busy. I don't want to interrupt or bother them. They have better things to be doing."

Yeah, I've always gotten into trouble by undervaluing myself. When I was younger I wouldn't even follow-through on things or show up, not because I was a flake, but because "What's the big deal? It's only me. They don't need me, I'm easily replaced."

That kind of thing messes your life up in so many ways. It leads to the terrible "Well, that's just not for me." and "This is all I deserve." thinking, too... of which I've always been a culprit.

Fun times. XD

LoyalXenite

Speaking of, Im sure Blue is doing ok coz she does leave for some time and then come back. So Im guessing she is just in a gone phase atm. But has anyone heard from Pug at all? I've tried him on here, on another app and through text message but I havent heard back from him since mid May

Been meaning to mention about two (ish) weeks ago I finally heard back from Pug, he is ok but is taking a break from SPW. He did say he intended to come back though I dont know when. I figured in case anyone else had been worrying I'd let you all know.

Miserum

Why do people insist on arguing about politics? Seriously. I mean, I like to be kept up to date, I like to vent about things, but sweet baby Jesus it's not an invite to argue because you disagree. Just shut up already. :rolleyes:o_O
What do you do in the situation where someone says something you disagree with in a face-to-face conversation?

But you could also look at it like this; by opening up to them, they're given the opportunity to provide their experience and perspective on the matter. Even though this is the "taking" part of the give/take dynamic of a relationship, in a way, it communicates that you trust and value them. It can end up strengthening the friendships.

It can feel great to help someone, sometimes better than getting help. Of course, no one wants to seems needy and overbearing, but that wouldn't happen if it's kept at a reasonable frequency.

Phoenixx

What do you do in the situation where someone says something you disagree with in a face-to-face conversation?
It mainly depends on the tone of the conversation, but admittedly I hate conflict so much that I don't usually say much of anything. I just kind of "hm, okay" and move on. Unless I know the person can actually have a mature discussion without breaking out in a full-blown argument over who's right or wrong, I don't bother engaging. I think of it as picking my battles. I can either choose to waste energy talking in circles with someone who probably won't care about differing viewpoints and discussing ideas - which let's be honest, I'm already spending enough energy just talking face to face with someone being a shy introvert with social anxiety - or I can just hear what they have to say (or dissociate in the middle of conversation like I often do if the topic doesn't interest me :LOL:) and let it go. If that portrays me as arrogant, I'd rather come across in that way than to wind up in an argument over a disagreement in which I know the other person would never listen.

Now if someone were to say something I disagree with in a tone of which was incredibly rude and condescending either towards me or someone else and basically being a complete asshat, then I would speak up and say something because that in itself can be bullying and I have zero tolerance for any of that.